The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I think the Dead Hard nerf was uncalled for

TheycallmeLix
TheycallmeLix Member Posts: 334
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

It’s already nerfed from the i-frames and it went from 1 sec to 0.5 sec of endurance but now it only activates 2x every match? I played 2 days ago and saw nobody bring Dead Hard anymore and ridiculous how many Killers play scummy and BM on hook for no reason. And everyone is going down so quickly and the game is turning into a boring meta where all the survivors have to do is hold M1 on gens and leave asap. That meta and playstyle is so boring and really discourages the playstyle we used have to have before the Dead Hard nerf. Dead Hard made the game for us survivors more fun and it’s honestly quite sad that it got nerfed cuz some of the Killers can’t wait it out for any second longer. Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks the Dead Hard nerf was too much and wants the changes reverted? Am taking a break too from the game cuz every game is the same now.. and Skull Merchant tome is out so it’s safe to say that I won’t be back for a long time 😅

Comments

• Adagio_InDminor
    Adagio_InDminor Member Posts: 27

TheycallmeLix / Fussy, can you read my thread I'm linking below and give me opinions on what I suggest for changing Dead Hard? I sincerely think it's caters to both concepts of what people think Dead Hard should be, without allowing it to become a game/mood killing bore.

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/372904/dead-hard-please-consider-this-bhvr-or-respond-if-its-not-feasible

• Adagio_InDminor

Anti-tunnel? The killer can hit you right off the hook which puts you in deep wound unable to use it. If he then downs you, whoops there goes one of your two attempts to use a perk during the match. It's almost promoting tunneling "just in case"

Full control with little drawback? Like Lithe? Balanced? 99ing Sprint Burst? I'm not saying Dead Hard didn't need to be re-worked but your suggestions here aren't valid reasons to support it. At least in my proposal above I'm still limiting how much it appears in the match, and forcing people to play/progress the game to "earn" it's use.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497
    edited April 2023

Lithe needs a window. Sprint burst you can't be running and manage the 99. Balanced landing you need a fall. Dead hard? You needed to be injured. That was its stipulation for the longest time. You needed to play the game lol. It was really the only one that you had complete control imo. Hell even overcome you have to plan when the killer hits you and if they hit you sooner than you expected half of the burst can be lost. And with the nerf to the hit burst it gives less of a boost now. Dead hard? Didn't matter the map. You didn't have to manage it. You just used it. Those are just my reasons for it having a earn mechanic in the first place.

• Adagio_InDminor

Dead Hard you needed to be one hit from down, and pull off a .5 second window during a 2nd hit. Compared to finding a window or pallet, running up a slight hill, and 99ing (or just walking everywhere) It's risk/reward. If people fear Dead Hard so much, why now wouldn't the killer just tunnel the unhooked survivor? The others can't Dead Hard because they haven't been hooked yet. I'm just not a fan. Did you read my suggestion? I'm curious on your opinion about it.

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 483

It needed reworked but I think they did it wrong. As a anti tunnel perk it's all but pointless and only two uses a game means any other exhaustion perk will give more value. I've heard this idea around and I think all you needed to do was give incapacitated effect for a few seconds after activation. No pallets no vaults.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

Im fine with any suggestion that keeps a earn mechanic to it. I also like that the first chase will not have it in play. Since the first chase can decide the game. So anything that keeps that design. Because when i need to hook to get starting pressure i can't be standing behind the survivor nodding my head for 5 seconds waiting for it. Already invested to much time into the chase already and got a injure to let it go. Either version is honestly fine by me. Yours or current.

• Adagio_InDminor

Thanks man, I'm glad we have a difference of opinion but that the idea itself isn't terrible in your mind. It makes me feel like I'm attempting to bridge the gap instead of just having tunnel vision of getting a Dead Hard I would want heh.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,922

While you are free to think however you like, DH was still consistently the most used perk and very powerful. Sometimes having a third health state, 6 times in a match is too much value out of the perk. It does not matter if it was skillful or not, that amount of value from 1 perk is just game breaking. The Perk is now under control as it only allows 2 third health states on command.

If you still think a single perk should give you this much value, then take it up with bHVR lol

I want perks that are comparable and I think bHVR agrees.

• Adagio_InDminor

This is a disingenuous argument and you probably know it. You're not guaranteed a successful use of Dead Hard, while no matter how many times a survivor can try they will never survive a 3rd hook. :) People can prevent it from happening of course, but once it does nothing stops the removal from match.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,656

A .5 second parry window is huge compared to what most games allow for a parry window. Some games have parries that are only active for .09 seconds, which is way less than .5 seconds, and those online games are still affected by latency.

• Solva
    Solva Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 7

Gross topic with only killer proud tunnel/camp/vamp/vat killers now that Dead Hard no longer viable. As someone very well said, having a survivor die after a second hook will never change, but permanently destroying the game experience in single playerQ, that's exciting.