Dear Fellow Console Users

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

It’s as if DbD is the only game that requires certification, the only game with “large” updates, the only game that adds an in-game store with microtransactions.

.... oh wait, there are tons of others just like these. Yet all these other games have devs who communicate on a clear basis exactly when it’s coming and why it might need to be resubmitted if it fails. We don’t need to spend years going to school and tens of millions of dollars making a game just to find out what we already know, LOL.

It's almost as if you failed to notice the major differences here, oh wait you completely ignored the huge ones. Let me point out the most obvious and glaring which you even mentioned in your post.

1. This is the 1st patch that has a in game micro transaction to it. So yes it's something completely new and untested for them. By the very nature of that issue it's going to be a lot more difficult for them.

2. Since the above is true and given the huge fallout due to EA, Activision and Ubisot etc being super greedy with the dlc stuff there's new rules all the companies have to follow now. If we look at the above being true still and now 2 is as well we see that since 1 is true the following is also true.

3. The other companies are already experienced in dealing with micro transactions and as such wouldn't have had as many issues dealing with the new changes.

4. This is their largest update yet and since all the above are true this made it more difficult. Now since the above are true and they're not as big as all the other companies out there this means that the 2 week time frame they gave is still accurate. That is give or take a few days or even a week.

5. Now since the above is all true the devs don't need to communicate unless the update is going to be delayed and since there's both console updates possible this week or next they;re just fine. So unless the console makers tell them otherwise it'll be this week given the shrine is down till the 29th. Which woudl be within their 2 week time frame.

6. Now since the above is still all true this would mean that yes you obviously need to go back to school and do what I said so you'd understand the the logic behind what i'd already posted. This is as plain a breakdown as it could get.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

@TeambossFloze said:
    Who cares if its hit pc first - means jack all, ######### hits pc before anything else constantly and you know the reasons why that is.

Agreed, and for those of you saying the new chapter already feels "old:" that's on you for watching PC play it.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@brokedownpalace said:
    TeambossFloze said:

Christ are people not allowed to make mistakes anymore. The delayed release is unfortunate and wont happen again. They will learn from mistakes and people can stop overreacting. Its not like there are a million other games to play whilst you wait patiently for the update to hit console. Who cares if its hit pc first - means jack all, ######### hits pc before anything else constantly and you know the reasons why that is.

It's not a mistake. It was a deliberate choice by the devs to sacrifice the console community so the PC players could have something "special" for the anniversary. And the reason they had to make that choice is either poor planning or a disregard for half their community. Maybe both.

And you truly believe this?

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Just break the pallet.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Just break the console.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Lowbei said:
    Just break the console.
    Now that was funny!
  • crazycenobite
    crazycenobite Member Posts: 46
    Lowbei said:
    Just break the console.
    I'm sure the update will do that  ;)
  • KeeperReaper
    KeeperReaper Member Posts: 19

As 245_Trioxin said, you guys are blowing it out of proportion and overreacting to the max. I'll give you reasons why i think so in point form so with some common sense you'll know that this is a stupid thread:
    1) Console Certifications take 1-2weeks to complete.
    2) They're delaying business.
    3) PC hotfixes needs to be transfered into console update.
    4) Majority of companies do the same procedure, reason is bascially for no 2, warframe for an example. A major update just released and its still not updated to console, is there any uproar? No. How long has it been? 1-2weeks.
    5)"The idea is the pc people bought their Auric cells so they have probably figured out an estimate of what to expect when console gets the store. LET'S MAKE OUR VOICE HEARD, Do NOT BUY THEM!!!" is such a dumb idea and heres why. If they're investing into console port, and its not making profit to sustain. Why would they bother to continue?
    6) "The problem is they "could have" released the chapter and removed the shard cap for all users across all three platforms at the same time and the PTB could've instead been used to test the store with pc still getting it first and console waiting on the store patch. ", why would they spend time stripping content of a patch(instead of making sure content and hotfixes is ported correctly and sent for certification) just to rush its release, so you get more bugs and waste more time?

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Just so everyone is clear, as it is officially Tuesday In Arizona and there is no update in the store right now, there will be NO update this week either. It will be at least a week from today, and that assumes that it passed cert on both Xbox and Ps4. 

If that's the case, this likely means no update until we are well into July

So, if you want to feel upset, y'know, now would be that time
  • fcc2014

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Just so everyone is clear, as it is officially Tuesday In Arizona and there is no update in the store right now, there will be NO update this week either. It will be at least a week from today, and that assumes that it passed cert on both Xbox and Ps4. 

Just poking the Bear!!!!

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    powerbats said:

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

It’s as if DbD is the only game that requires certification, the only game with “large” updates, the only game that adds an in-game store with microtransactions.

.... oh wait, there are tons of others just like these. Yet all these other games have devs who communicate on a clear basis exactly when it’s coming and why it might need to be resubmitted if it fails. We don’t need to spend years going to school and tens of millions of dollars making a game just to find out what we already know, LOL.

It's almost as if you failed to notice the major differences here, oh wait you completely ignored the huge ones. Let me point out the most obvious and glaring which you even mentioned in your post.

1. This is the 1st patch that has a in game micro transaction to it. So yes it's something completely new and untested for them. By the very nature of that issue it's going to be a lot more difficult for them.

2. Since the above is true and given the huge fallout due to EA, Activision and Ubisot etc being super greedy with the dlc stuff there's new rules all the companies have to follow now. If we look at the above being true still and now 2 is as well we see that since 1 is true the following is also true.

3. The other companies are already experienced in dealing with micro transactions and as such wouldn't have had as many issues dealing with the new changes.

4. This is their largest update yet and since all the above are true this made it more difficult. Now since the above are true and they're not as big as all the other companies out there this means that the 2 week time frame they gave is still accurate. That is give or take a few days or even a week.

5. Now since the above is all true the devs don't need to communicate unless the update is going to be delayed and since there's both console updates possible this week or next they;re just fine. So unless the console makers tell them otherwise it'll be this week given the shrine is down till the 29th. Which woudl be within their 2 week time frame.

6. Now since the above is still all true this would mean that yes you obviously need to go back to school and do what I said so you'd understand the the logic behind what i'd already posted. This is as plain a breakdown as it could get.

1. Like my post said, DbD is not the first game to launch without an in-game store but then be updated to include one. It wasn’t this delayed on other games. This is a popular excuse regurgitated by apologists. I can only assume DbD is the only game these people play and they have no experience with devs who are actually open with their community. 

By by the way, what does the “difficult for them” part come in? They’ve already sent the patch in, right? Their work is done. It’s on Microsoft and Sony now.

2. lol uh... what? Because other companies caught slack for greedy microtransactions, other developers have “new rules” they have to follow? Can you link me to these “new rules”? And why do we still have games launching with greedy DLC then? 

3 through 6 are just more irrelevant excuses you’re making. 

bububbuubu the update is so big! Irrelevant. 
    bubububub other studios are bigger! Irrelevant, and also not true. People don’t understand that BHVR is a massive studio.
    bubububuu they can’t give updates! False. Other games prove this is false. queens own post said this is a multi step process. You think they don’t know what step they’re on? Other devs give updates. It’s their prerogative to not update us. That’s why people are annoyed. I think all of us understand consoles take longer, it’s just the complete lack of info, when other devs provide plenty of info. 

You don’t even need to spend years and millions of dollars to understand what I’m saying, just check out other forums and twitter accounts for other games you enjoy :)
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2018

@TeambossFloze said:
    I can assure you I am most definitely not angry and nonplussed about when the update hits. Just suprises me how whiny people are.

Whiny people be whiny

• Mask_maker
    Mask_maker Member Posts: 28
    And after the patch releases, it will be like the wait never existed and all this will disappear to nothing.. 
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Lol hey man, I'm just as upset as you guys are. I honestly haven't touched the game in almost a week.

It is what it is, but I think the smart move on there part would have been to release two separate patches exclusively on consoles, one for the curtain calls DLC and one for the store update. They wouldn't have to fear backlash on consoles (Not that that means anything, it'll still sell, especially because grinding it out at this point would essentially mean waiting until August to play him) and they could have a release that's in line with they're events and anniversary.

But the plot thickens, at this point that patch would probably be able to get out faster than the DLC, however, I don't think that patch can even come through until this one does, which means we might have to wait at least a week after the actual aniversarry until we get ours... 
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    @TeambossFloze They said so themselves in their non update about the certification process that they wanted to do something special for the anniversary. They spent their effort ensuring that happened for PC and didn't put thought into what they would do for the console. For instance, to let the console in on the anniversary fun they could have pushed out an update that featured only the Clown and survivor (and removed our shard cap). Since the big sticking point around here seems to be "It's delayed because it involves the store and the update is so large" then why not break the update into two? That way the console gets to have something fun for the anniversary AND we get to rack up shards for the store once it hits 2-3 weeks later.

I'm not saying they were thinking "How can we screw our console players?" I'm saying they weren't thinking.
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

I mean it will be here by next week at the latest because the double bloodpoint event starts on the 5th.
  • fcc2014

@brokedownpalace said:

I'm not saying they were thinking "How can we screw our console players?" I'm saying they weren't thinking.

I absolutely agree with this 100%

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    @TeambossFloze They said so themselves in their non update about the certification process that they wanted to do something special for the anniversary. They spent their effort ensuring that happened for PC and didn't put thought into what they would do for the console. For instance, to let the console in on the anniversary fun they could have pushed out an update that featured only the Clown and survivor (and removed our shard cap). Since the big sticking point around here seems to be "It's delayed because it involves the store and the update is so large" then why not break the update into two? That way the console gets to have something fun for the anniversary AND we get to rack up shards for the store once it hits 2-3 weeks later.

Im afraid I think you are reading way too much into this. Your conspiracy theories are just that and you are only winding yourself up.

As for other posters who are complaining sometimes in business you cant give an update because there is no update to give. Doesnt mean there is some big secret silence and cover up, just means they have nothing to tell you.

On a positive note - you/we will all get 3 weeks less to wait for the next content release so itll feel like content is churning faster then. I can see patience is a drastically limited resource on the human race these days
  • CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    If it’s not this week they should at least update it so we can increase our shards past 1000. It would give us console players an incentive to play and then we are compensated with the ability to get some cosmetics; probably cheaper ones though from what it looks like with shard prices.
  • crazycenobite

I mean it will be here by next week at the latest because the double bloodpoint event starts on the 5th.
    I wouldn't hold your breath the theme seems to be maybe tomorrow and that's now been changed to maybe next week what about after next maybe next month next year 
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@CrtKazz said:
    If it’s not this week they should at least update it so we can increase our shards past 1000. It would give us console players an incentive to play and then we are compensated with the ability to get some cosmetics; probably cheaper ones though from what it looks like with shard prices.

Not going to happen LOL.

This is a bit ridiculous the same exact thing is happening EXACTLY ONE YEAR AFTER THE GAME WAS RELEASED ON CONSOLE.

Apparently they've learned absolutely nothing in the certification process in one year.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    edited June 2018
    @TeambossFloze Get out of here with your "conspiracy theory" crap. Nothing I said comes even close to the level of a conspiracy. I made it clear that I think they simply did not plan or take consoles into consideration.
  • chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    This has probably been asked a million times, but can't we just get the update with the clown and Kate and the whole comsetics thing later? I don't know how this whole process works with ceritification for micro transactions, but I would think that just the killer and survivor pushed through for now and cosmetics at a later date would make all the people sitting on a million BP's and 1000 shards happy .

I don't want to come off as a whiny prick, but this is getting beyond silly with the wait . I know they said "in the coming weeks", but I was hoping for some kind of info, heads up, where we're at with the timeline etc. 

This utter and complete silence is what's making us console players mental. Devs or mods...  Please? Just give us a hint or clue or bread crumbs to follow. Ignoring an issue doesn't make it go away .

Now I'm going to hop on my PS4 with a bunch of pissed off players because we all look alike and no bad ass new killer and survivor to play .
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Gonna suk if no dlc for double bp :(

• BoxingRouge

@Might_Oakk said:

I hope they mention something about this wait on the dev stream this week.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010

If it takes that long I think it’s safe to say somebody screwed up something with the process 
  • crazycenobite

@Might_Oakk said:

Man the chat for that dev stream is gona be nasty 
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem

@Might_Oakk said:

“We have no new info, it’s still in certification”.
  • BoxingRouge

Imagine them saying theres no dev stream this week just so they can avoid the console players.

• crazycenobite

Imagine them saying theres no dev stream this week just so they can avoid the console players.

Ino right it's like a kid that broke a window and hiding from there perants 
  • BoxingRouge

It's funny how they're on the forums everyday but they can't even update us with a spec of information.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem

Why would this mean there is no update this week? Could still come on other days. Game updates can come at any time. Planned DLC happens on Tuesday. Unplanned, “we’ll release it when it’s ready” DLC can come any time. 

It can still happen this week. Devs, wanna chime in?No? Ok.
  • TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    This whole thing hasn’t been a total farce. If you want to celebrate your anniversary you don’t do a raffle anyone can win just by registering then abandoning the profile, you don’t have tournaments which are in by absolute dickweeds, you don’t forget to submit the god damn update and leave 2 of the three parts of your playerbase waiting.
    you don’t then keep them waiting for over a god damn fortnight without anything in the way of a real update.
    you don’t ignore them and then expect your cash shop to be a success.
    i can already tell without a doubt that due to this fuckery Auric Cells will bomb... HARD once the update hits consoles, they’ll end up losing a tonne of money due to people refusing to spend on principle. And they can’t afford to lose that money when they’re part of a lawsuit against ######### Bethesda, I don’t see this game being supported a year from now, they’re killing it faster than I ever could have imagined.
    ######### you BHVR, I’ll grind out for the chapter as you’re never seeing another penny from me again.
  • VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Imagine if the COD players boycotted their game because both their platforms got the content 30 DAYS LATER THAN THE OTHER

That moment when Cod players are more patient than DBD players

• Geondp
    Geondp Member Posts: 35

At this point I'm not even mad anymore, just disappointed. Maybe someday you'll love us all #ps4. I will be grinding for everything I can. Figure it's best to speak with my money (or lack of)

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@MineAntoiya said:
    Imagine if the COD players boycotted their game because both their platforms got the content 30 DAYS LATER THAN THE OTHER

Moot point.

CoD is a fizzling thing. Everyone buys it because...

"because everyone buys it"

• Well_Placed_HexTotem

CoD players know exactly when it’s coming.
  • fcc2014
    This whole thing hasn’t been a total farce. If you want to celebrate your anniversary you don’t do a raffle anyone can win just by registering then abandoning the profile, you don’t have tournaments which are in by absolute dickweeds, you don’t forget to submit the god damn update and leave 2 of the three parts of your playerbase waiting.
    you don’t then keep them waiting for over a god damn fortnight without anything in the way of a real update.
    you don’t ignore them and then expect your cash shop to be a success.
    i can already tell without a doubt that due to this fuckery Auric Cells will bomb... HARD once the update hits consoles, they’ll end up losing a tonne of money due to people refusing to spend on principle. And they can’t afford to lose that money when they’re part of a lawsuit against [BAD WORD] Bethesda, I don’t see this game being supported a year from now, they’re killing it faster than I ever could have imagined.
    [BAD WORD] you BHVR, I’ll grind out for the chapter as you’re never seeing another penny from me again.

• fcc2014
    ThePloopz said:
    Update
    ThePloopz said:
    Update
    ThePloopz said:

NFLTG!!!!!
  • BoxingRouge
    edited June 2018

Finally! XBOX will probably get the patch on Thursday & PS4 next Tuesday.

• ThePloopz
    @fcc2014 I honestly believe something made the process slower than it was suppose to be whether it was a cert failure or whatever 
  • fcc2014

@ThePloopz said:
    @fcc2014 I honestly believe something made the process slower than it was suppose to be whether it was a cert failure or whatever 

The excuses people give for BHVR is ridiculous. I am curious if the previous thread someone made from reddit was true about the July 3rd release that was shot down. I'm good at this point. I already planned to grind the chapter and wasn't a big fan of the store offerings. The only thing interesting from a survivor side was the black outfits and since i main the doctor the skins were an odd/funny/creepy interpretation. I'm on PS4 and i'm very Happy for XBOX users. I do feel they bungled the anniversary event between the chapter release, the tournaments, the double bloodpoint event(why not special generators or something like howling grounds) i even seen people complaining the auric cell give away on the forms have mostly gone to users with no activity. It is what it is at this point @ThePloopz

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Sigh updates for Warframe are still behind sometimes by month and the community is general patient and understanding.

This isnt BHVR fault. And no  they shouldnt wait to release PC updates just to appease consoles players. That is called "console holding PC back" and is actually one of the quickest ways to kill your PC population.

Just. Be. Patient. You not giving them money isn't going to make MS or Sony make their cert process faster lol
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Few things ppl still seem to miss.

1. When they say 1-2 weeks that's in business days not 7-14 day weeks, so Monday through Friday.

2. Microsoft is based in Redmond Washington, while Sony is in Japan and BHVR is in Quebec Canada.. Now true it's all done via electronic probably or even via UPS/DHL/FED EX etc each company doing the console testing is on a different day. .

3. Japan it's currently Wednesday and 4:30 am PST. For Microsoft it's 12:32 PST. For BVHR it's 3:37 pm PST.

4. They just posted an update about the Xbox cert process which is still within the timeframe they gave and before the 29th shrine update.

5. The PS4 update cert process they haven't hear anything yet from Sony but given the time it's not surprising given the time. So expect to see a possible update on the cert process in about 4-9 hours assuming anyone at BHVR is there to post about it. If not expect it some time tomorrow morning.

So there's still a possibility that both consoles get their releases this week on a non standard release update, IE outside the normal weekly updates. IF there's a delay they'll probably delay the Shrine release for all users hopefully.

• ThePloopz
    weirdkid5 said:
    Sigh updates for Warframe are still behind sometimes by month and the community is general patient and understanding.

This isnt BHVR fault. And no  they shouldnt wait to release PC updates just to appease consoles players. That is called "console holding PC back" and is actually one of the quickest ways to kill your PC population.

Just. Be. Patient. You not giving them money isn't going to make MS or Sony make their cert process faster lol
    A lot of people probably come from games that do simultaneously releases so that’s what they’re probably used to. Then there’s the people who are just frustrated by multiple things and not just this alone
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    ThePloopz said:
    weirdkid5 said:

A lot of people probably come from games that do simultaneously releases so that’s what they’re probably used to. Then there’s the people who are just frustrated by multiple things and not just this alone
    I get it if a lot of these players are say Fortnite players, which I am myself.

But something they need to understand is that technically Fortnite is still in Beta. This allows them to take advantage of the less stringent Beta Cert process and it allows them to make weekly updates on point. Keeping Fortnite in beta is an incredibly smart business tactic, and nothing will change it unless MS and Sony change their cert processes.