Possible major UI bug against survivors with Myer's tombstone piece. Deletes their entire HUD.

Options
RpTheHotrod
RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,724

PC

Two games in a row, different survivors have complained that their HUD had completely vanished (no icons, etc...). However, what's odd about this is the circumstance where they complain (rightfully so) about it.

So, I was tier 3 Myers, and I downed an injured a survivor. However, that survivor did NOT get mori'd. They just simply went down. I figured maybe they were cheating or something. I hooked them and the match went on. After the match, that survivor said when they went down, their HUD completely vanished (presumably to show the "kill animation"...but the kill animation doesn't show since they are just downed). The match RIGHT afterwards, again, I was chasing an injured survivor, went tier 3, attacked, and they didn't get mori'd. Instead, they just fall to the ground where I had to pick them up. Again, after the match, they said their HUD completely vanished, and they at first thought they redid how the mori was going to work or something. However, I was able to mori other survivors, except one case where it happened twice and THEN I was able to mori him. He was on console, so he didn't chat after.

Long story short, Myers tier 3 mori via tombstone pieces appear to not always be doing the mori and instead is hiding the survivor HUDs. This makes it incredibly difficult for them to perform in the match.

So far, it has happened when I am Myers with the following build:

Dark Devotion

Nemesis

Trail of Torment

Brutal Strength\Insidious (happened both times despite swapping these out)

Tombstone Piece

J. Myers Memorial

Map offerings RPD\Midwhich

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• MorgueTheMerrier
    MorgueTheMerrier Member Posts: 3
    Options

I was a survivor that also had their HUD disappear. It happened after Tier 3 Tombstone Myers grabbed my character mid locker entry animation. The Myers was running Distressing, Play with Your Food, No Way Out, and Bamboozle. If needed, I can provide what the screen looked like without the HUD.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,724
    Options
  • naweyn
    naweyn Member Posts: 16
    Options

Happened to my boyfriend as well once against a Myers. Can't remember if it was tombstone piece or the tombstone, but the Myers had successfully mori'd a few others. This happened a few weeks ago