If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

DBD is boring now

Options
coaltrain503
coaltrain503 Member Posts: 87
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Ever snce the new patch, I just can't find any fun anymore. If I play survivor, I just get immediately tunneled or left on the ground till I bleed out. My teammates have the iq of a brick and go for saves in killers faces, while they are injured and now that is yet another person needing saved. WHen I play killer, all I get are sweat squads with gen rush builds like Prove Thyself, Hyperfocus, and good toolboxes. And now slowdown perks are pretty much gutted and feel like they do nothing, so the game is pretty much over in two minutes no matter what i do. Wonder what went through the devs minds when they nerfed the last of the slowdown perks, and didn't even touch prove thyself and toolboxes. Oh, and chase are non existent no. Everyone just 99's their Sprint Burst and just hold W with massive distance gained between us and it is just no fun. I have been left to just playing bot matches because that is now the only way to have an enjoyable game that isn't over in two minutes.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Dbdfan398
    Dbdfan398 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Imagine if this anniversary there isnt a new killer, the announce the 2v8 mode!

• dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343
    Options
  • Ἥφαιστος
    Ἥφαιστος Member Posts: 100
    Options

yeah it's boring if u can't use dead hard multiple times

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

Personally I think it's just the release of the new Rift which brings back a lot of problematic players who weren't playing as actively before.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

It was warned about before the patch dropped. They changed the original nerf to DH because it might lead to camping/tunneling, into something that is guaranteed to lead to camping/tunneling. They gutted every useful gen regression perk, but didn't touch toolboxes or gen progression perks. They moderately nerfed survivor healing. The end result? Tunnel/camp, tunnel/camp, tunnel/camp. Killer players start moving to other killers with mobility/better anti-loop to compensate for the gen rush.

It's confusing as hell how this was not only thought to be a good idea but actually released.

I used to play friendly killer a lot (exceptions of course for any group running RPD/Lery's/Gideon's offerings or being toxic). Double hook everyone, farm some chase/gen kicks, then let everyone go. Don't camp/tunnel, rotate survivor hooks. Now, by the time I get to a point when I can start being friendly, three gens are gone and survivors are already teabagging. So, aggressive killer it is. Tunnel out one asap. Camp if the group is being overly altruistic. When it's down to the last two, slug one after they've already burned Unbreakable and camp one on the hook in case they have Deliverance. Anyone running Boil Over gets slugged and bled out, if at all possible, even if there's a hook nearby.

Then come to the forums and see multiple posts by people being legit surprised this is what's happening directly after the patch. Like...really? Really? There was no foreshadowing for this at all? Strap in, because none of it is likely to change until the devs actually balance the last changes.

You're playing against four low-Prestige survivors (at least two of them seem actual low-Prestige), two of which don't even have full purp perks, and one of them doesn't have addons for their item. I don't know if this was intended to be a brag post or counter-argument to the state of the game, but it misses the mark substantially. :/

Is it that you're playing Trapper and got a 3k? If that's it, then it is kinda brag-worthy. 👍️

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Play Corrupt, it makes your early game much better, which is an essential part of a successful game

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Normal solo squad, it gets bad If survivors combine actual skill with those items but if not then those items do nothing except maybe the survs are dying at 1-2 gens left instead of 3-4

• KenwanObinobi
    KenwanObinobi Member Posts: 185
    Options

Will you post this screenshot everywhere ? Don't you understand it doesn't mean anything, no one know your MMR so out of context a random screenshot, means nothing...

As i told you in the other threads, getting 3k with a trapper without good add-ons and without camping tunneling is impossible against good players.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

They cant properly balance 4v1, what makes you think 8v2 would bring anything good at all?

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,170
    Options

My matches have been a mixed bag. Some very good matches, some horrible matches (mostly due to players being bad sports). My win rate doesn't seem to differ all that much from before the patch (although that's just a feeling). I play soloQ and it doesn't feel too bad for me. There is a lot of tunneling but that isn't exactly new. When I play killer I'm still surprised by how often survivors can heal in very short periods of time (had 1 game with basically unlimited 5 sec heals and still don't understand how that happened).

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

I couldn't agree more. Even with games where you can see that everyone is really doing their best, it's not enough. And if I have to see another SM holding 3 gens and not going for ANY chases for 40+ minutes istg I will uninstall, kidding I'll just become killer main and to hell with survivor archives lol

Spawn on hooks I guess? 💀

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

From the UK servers this hasn't been my experience. Team mates have been decent (competent at worst) and killers have mostly been spreading the pain instead of tunnelling and camping.

As survivor, my last 6 trials have been escapes, with 1 being a hatch and one getting lucky with the gates at Mother's Dwelling versus a Cannibal. The other 4 have been escapes with other survivors. The killers I faced have rarely tunnelled and only camped once gens were done.

As killer, it's been up and down in terms of results. Surprisingly, the only result I have not got is a 1k. Yet they have been irratic, whereby one trial I would get 4k, immediately followed by 0k, before climbing up to 4k after. The toughest team were 3×P100s and another high prestige player, which ended as a 0k with 4 hooks, but I still had a lot of fun (also of note, until then I had doubts over prestige, since some previous P100s I faced were worse than some P20s or 10s, so for me prestige isn't always accurately representing skill). However, it's always been fun.

As a time stamp, I played Saturday afternoon for a few of hours and an hour at night (I'm older, so nightlife is not for me anymore :D). Not sure how many servers serve the UK or Europe in general. However, this has been my experience and it's defibtely not been boring. Is this a regional thing?

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 500
    Options

Did you really think they were going to stop tunneling and camp when the devs did what they asked?

• KenwanObinobi
    edited April 2023
    Options

I do not think it is the killers' fault.

I play both sides and both sides is often a terrible experience.

As a killer, the gen rush is insane now and i understand why killers feel forced to tunnel... right at the start. As i do not want to play dirty, i loose my games in an unfun way 😐️

As a survivor, i see tunneler games after games and yes it is not fun. 😐️

That is the devs' job to fix all those problems, if players are given an option to win easily by using broken mechanics, most of them will not hesitate one second.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 500
    edited April 2023
    Options

I'm not saying it's entirely their fault either.

But it's some of them, who always post here, on the forum, that "until perks X is nerfed, I'll camp tunnel because it's unplayable"

For now, WE CAN'T know if the change of the PTB make some "difference" in the game, people need to adapt her gamestyle, for survivor, not Not relying solely on healing, killer, on gen regression perks

My problem I have since some of the last MAJ ... It's just that people, in general, don't like to loose every game, so it gonna happen two thing

People gonna quit the game for playing something more "easy" with friend (or just playing in custom) , Or, try to become better in the loops to keep the killer as long as possible before being down

Eeeerh... So yeah, the more we go in the futur, the more you gonna face skilled survivor, who are going to loop you for... 2-3 gen before catch you, it's pretty normal... And, with people who camp immediatly, or tunnel one random because of reason...

The game will probably have a terribly strong player base(killer/survivor), and those who come into the game may not want to get the same "gap" of power to have a "minimum" of fun.

I ... Think it's probably one fact that people forget... Videogame, exist to give fun, not for making the experience for the other (again, Killer/survivor) miserable

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

Well your other reply got removed, and I forgot I posted.

To be fair, high MMR doesnt matter to me because I know Im not Otz and should not play against people like Ayrun, I never use 4 slowdown and tunnel to bring my MMR to place I never should be. So the whole slowdown nerf really not affect me.

I dont play for kill, but like let all survivors live to toy them with end game build. The missing of Coh & DH (as in image) makes mid game far easier for me. Thats my POV as killer this patch, certainly not apply to killers who used to 4 slowdown.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Mmm. “Most” is a very broad blanket. You cannot put “most” killer mains in that bracket, because it simply is not true.

“Most survivor mains complained about gen regression perks and now that they are gone all they do is gen rush. What else do we do besides tunnel?”

• verysleepy
    verysleepy Member Posts: 50
    Options

Baby mmr. Hard as survivor but you afk 4kd as killer.

Yeah you've never been against good survivors before because I can assure you, gens fly no matter who you are. Survivors dgaf about being injured, it's gens gens gens leave.killer gets his kills if survivors slack off or overly altruistic.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

POV: The fact that Killers can be good at the game is impossible to you, must be baby mmr.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

Killer has been fun. Survivor has only been fun if I’m playing with a friend or two.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

It seems as if your MMR as Killer is higher then your MMR as Survivor is lower

But if you think you're facing Sweat Squads then you must realize that the new updates tend to make decent Survivors even better

And those that don't understand it (Survivor players) aren't as good as they think they are

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,694
    Options

My thoughts as well. It looks like overkill, but for 4 solo survivors who are effectively gambling on the skill of their teammates, it feels like a necessary handicap.

• Sylhiri
    Sylhiri Member Posts: 178
    Options

"The destruction of other tactics"

You could probably make the same case for Survivors.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,896
    Options

You are right about the screen shot, I can post any screen shot and tell a little unconfirmed narrative to illustrate my point.

But you are wrong about the Trapper. It’s perfectly possible to kill even a coordinated swf without camping in tunneling. Get better at setting up your traps.

That said… camping and tunnelling are just tactics you can use as killer and there is nothing wrong with using them if you like.

• KenwanObinobi
    Options

The kind of survivors i play against are those that play with Otzdarva in private matches... They are the survivors in the video Knight vs SM... just faced them today...

I do not think you can beat them with a trapper xD

• KenwanObinobi
    edited April 2023
    Options

Edit : sry misclick for this post :<

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    edited April 2023
    Options

That doesnt answer the question in the slightest. However, you are not new to the community, how many people do you thing agree with your view on fun? Usually, if you ask 50 people, you get 60 different views on what balance and fun should look like.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,197
    Options

Probably not many, how ever there is one that is undeniable and that is fun =/= balance. You have veteran players such as myself who reminisce about 'the good ol days' even tho the game was an unbalanced and buggy mess. Thing is, DbD thrived in being that unbalanced and buggy mess.

Now Id be lying if I said I still dont enjoy the game. But Ive definitely not had as fun as I did back in 2018