The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This patch really tanked my game's performance. Anyone else?

It could be my set up, I have 16ram, 12500k, 3070ti, but previous patch, I had adjusted the config settings to set all graphics to max and fps to 165, and I tried doing the same again, and my game is just so laggy now. I know it's not my connection, it's just the fps that's taken a dive. Any advice?

Comments

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited April 2023

Xbox Series X player here, haven't experienced any lag on the next gen console since this update, it's def not me cause everyone in games has high ping as well

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,555

Stupid question, but since everyone’s settings got reset, is there a chance your graphics settings got put on ultra?

• PyramidHACK
    PyramidHACK Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2023

Hi, I actually had them on Ultra before, I even went into the .ini files to hard set them for high fps and Ultra settings, and game was running just fine. After the update, settings reset to default, it actually looks really bad, like I don't know if it's because I spent a lot of time away from DBD and playing another game, but after the update, it feels off, like everything is too large, but that might just be me. In essence, performance is bad overall.

I feel like if Ihave to lower settings now, it would just be a net loss for me.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,738

Perhaps we should have a thread which chronicles performance issues? Maybe include our experiences, any known triggers, maybe even video evidence? That way they can have an easier time recreating these problems?

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

The performance dip has been noticeable. Even the initial DBD screen with the Easy Anti-Cheat logo that pops up when you just start loading the game takes about 25-30% longer to finish and disappear. I've had to drop the graphics settings a notch down from Ultra to get about the same performance I had previously with Ultra. Getting occasional hiccups and delays that weren't there before. At times the prompt for throwing a pallet isn't coming up.

My system has double the RAM as yours in DDR5, latest gen high speed M.2 drives from the top 5 best on the market, 13600K, on one of the top 10 mobos on the market with a minor overclock. My video card is current gen but a few notches down from yours. Using an edited .ini set to read-only so the game can't mess with it. All that and it's experiencing the same issues your system is and console players are.

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389
    edited April 2023

On ps5, easily the worst I've seen the game perform wince i started playing around doctor release haha

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 437

Did you copy back your old file?

If you haven't, do it. That helped a ton. At first, I only adjusted the new file, but that wasn't great, then I copy-pasted my old file and adjusted it a little bit.

If you have, then there is nothing else to do. I'm experiencing the same. My FPS and ping are fine, but I lag every now and then including skill checks. The movement of my character is not smooth, looks like rubber banding almost

• PyramidHACK
    edited May 2023

Deleting previous text and fixing it with great news. Found a fix on Yt, there's basically 2 folders now. I just copied the name of one folder, deleted it, then renamed the other folder to that, and voila!

• PyramidHACK

Oh God, never-#########-mind! WHAT THE ######### IS THIS?! So my FPS is unlocked now, but I get these game-breaking freezes. I guess is what you're saying, like rubber banding. It freezes constantly, and it causes em to miss skill checks. I literally caNNOT play like this. What the actual ######### is this?!

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Yay, more issues. As if we don't have enough as is

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,738

Maybe they've instituted Console-Mode for everyone, level the Crossplay field a bit? How do y'all like it? You don't really need those steady 60fps do you? 😜😁

• PyramidHACK

Alright, guys, I want to update this post and inform that all my issues were fixed simply by updating my drivers.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881
    edited May 2023

Yeah dont expect good performance from this game. Maybe you wouldn't get any performance issues if you played in 2016 with that setup if it existed but current optimization is just not it. But yeah drivers could also be a reason.