Please retire map offerings

Options

Now that both sides are losing access to their most broken tools, map offerings are being used more than ever.

Not every map is completely balanced for both sides, which isn't exactly a problem IMO because when you get a survivor-sided map or a killer-sided map by pure RNG, it's not that frustrating and that's also one of the characteristics that make the game not feel repetitive.

The problem is that players always use those offerings with bad intentions, to have an advantageous game for them. This has been a problem forever now.

I know a lot of people use achievements as an excuse for those offerings to stay in the game, but almost never they are used with that intent.

It's past time for those offerings to be retired.

Comments

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 142
    Options

I agree or balance the maps. I get lost in the school and the meat plant. As the killer I find it confusing where the hooks are too. Lamkin Lane is like instant survivor death.

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180
    Options

Due to bhvrs slow response to literally everything, not that it’s completely their fault as it probably takes a lot of work to rework maps, I would rather them just get rid of the offerings to be honest. It took them 7 years to do a quality of life change to the bloodweb lol and their reworks of almost all the maps have been failures.

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 142
    Options

I tried to save someone that got hooked in the school and kept running into one door rooms. He messaged me and asked why I didn't save him I replied "I got lost and now I have your blood on my hands!!!!" He just laughed that board needs a rework.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,457
    Options

If they got rid of these offerings several killer builds would become extinct, most notably shytt-yourself Myers, as they're entirely map-dependant to even work.

Imo it's better to rework maps into something resembling fair for both roles than ditch the offerings. Then they wouldn't convey any advantages at all and just be fun preference.

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170
    Options

If the maps weren’t so terrible, map offerings wouldn’t be a big deal.

• notJustDante
    notJustDante Member Posts: 96
    Options

The builds you are talking about are rarely played, there's no reason why something that is used mostly for unfair advantage should stay in the game so 10 funny builds can exist.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 749
    Options

I like map offerings tho some changes in those would be nice:

1. Map offerings should have lesser odds... like not making 100% but rather somewhere near 75%
    2. anti-maps offerings, making specific maps being less likely to appear, making them 25% of what is regular odds.