Terror Radius can be heard when Oblivious and in chase

Options
Tatariu
Tatariu Member Posts: 2,993

While being chased as Survivor and affected by the Oblivious status effect, the Killer's terror radius suddenly becomes audible and will remain so until you leave chase.

3 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• Vhillain
    Vhillain Member Posts: 123
    Options

Chase music and terror radius are not the same thing, you hear chase music while being chased by an undetectable killer too, unless I'm missing something in what you're saying this isn't a bug at all.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,386
    Options

The fourth layer of the terror radius, the layer that plays during chase, plays regardless of the killer’s TR. It’s why you can hear Michael’s chase theme even though he’s still in tier 1.

• RichardCarter
    RichardCarter Member Posts: 82
    Options

This is not a bug. As mentioned by others, being chased by the Killer will still play the Chase Music. The Chase Music and the Terror Radius is not the same thing, as The Chase Music just lets you know that you are being chased. You can hear that the heartbeat, which is with the Terror Radius, is not heard during chase since you still can't hear their Terror Radius. Hope this clarifies.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,993
    Options

I am aware - you can still hear the heartbeat while Oblivious.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,549
    edited April 2023
    Options

Can confirm this. I just played against a killer running Plaything and while my totem was still active (thus making me Oblivious) I was able to hear the terror radius while in chase. Once you stop being chased it goes away again.

This is not the same as hearing the chase music - the heartbeat was still audible in the background, which it should not be.

• FilthyLegionRevival
    FilthyLegionRevival Member Posts: 304
    Options

I kinda think it's a cool addition to oblivious to have the heartbeat always sound like it's near you when in chase. :>