keyboard and mouse support on console.

I'm on Xbox and I love playing this game but I would prefer to be on keyboard and mouse when I play. I can't afford a good enough setup to run this game and I don't think it would be that much of a hassle to implement as it is just accepting a keyboard and mouse as an input.

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,786

They know this is wanted, however they've said in several past Q&A's they have no plans to add it.

The reasons given were it would take too much time, would be way too much work, and require an UI update. All that admittedly was a long time ago, so dunno how much is still true.

There's an adapter available for about $240 USD that works for the PlayStations but sadly not for the Xbox machines.

• HotCocoanut
    HotCocoanut Member Posts: 4

240$ is absolutely insane for an adapter.

the excuse that it would take too much time is crazy. they have many developers and I doubt it would take more than a couple days to implement. if they can have both kb&m and controller support on PC then why can't console have both too?

it's really a disadvantage because on controller it is much worse and harder to control. take blight for example, doing flicks with his rushes demands that I crank my sensitivity all the way up just to have a chance to use his power in high level play. or flashlight saves; on survivor some people often miss it because they have to crank their sens up for things like 360s, and on killer, kb&m players can just throw their mouse across the mouse pad and evade the save but on controller we only have so much camera speed.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,786

I do not disagree. Been asked for many times over the years. It makes killers like Trickster absolutely nightmarish to play.

When speaking about this issue our PC cousins often say "then just get a PC" which is not a viable solution while Cross Progression is unavailable for Xbox and PlayStation.

Obviously it isn't anywhere near a priority.