Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BHVR, your reasoning of perk changes are wrong.

I wanted to start off with the meta shift back in 6.1.0 where you made a bunch of changes to many perks, and overall you did a good job, but I feel like when you make changes to perk, you make bad changes for the wrong reasons.

When you make perk changes, you have to take these things into consideration:

•Is the perk unfun to go against?

•Is the perk necessary to bring?

•Is the perk too powerful?

•Is the perk easily accessible?

Looking at stats alone is a horrible way to make perk changes, just take a look at Spine Chill. What is the actual point of that perk even? Now that the visual terror radius is an accessibility option, there's no point in Spine Chill being a perk at this point. Literally whispers for survivor. The old Spine Chill was FINE, you should've just removed the vault bonus, that's it, because people at high level used it just for that, therefore, let's ask these questions and let's pretend that it's old Spine Chill:

•Is Spine Chill unfun to go against?

-Yes when it affected the vaulting speed

•Is the perk necessary to bring?

-Not at all

•Is the perk too powerful?

-Far from it

•Is Spine Chill easily accessible?

-Yes, it is free

So why did it even need a change in the first place? That perk was actually killed. Don't get me wrong, some of the changes you did were good, like Ruin, Corrupt, Iron will, etc. but the perk changes that don't sit right with me are Decisive Strike and Self-Care.

Let's talk Self-Care first and get it out of the way. The reason why Self-Care was used so much because it was accessible, a starter perk, and new players wanted a reliable way to heal, but at a slower speed. If 32 seconds of self healing wasn't bad enough, you for some reason decide to make it 45. The reasoning being: "This perk is powerful if it's used in the right hands". Behaviour, that's true of EVERY perk, not just Self-Care. And let's not mention the fact that you changed Botany Knowledge JUST because Self-Care was nerfed. These are, I'm sorry to say, bad changes.

Now, Decisive Strike. Oh boy, what were you thinking? I'm not going to mention the change that it deactivated when the gates are powered, that can stay, I agree with that. But the stun??? Why? That stun time is so bad that you literally incentivised tunneling even more than before. Nobody's afraid of a 3 second stun from Decisive which isn't a 3 second stun anyway, you have 1.18 seconds of fall stagger before gaining momentum, that's horrible. The choice of the stun time is absolutely horrible, many killers can catch up right after a stun, the stun is so bad, that I really don't know what went through your guys' heads when doing that. What was the reason for that? The statistics? Can you get opinions from people who are really good and unbiased for perk changes?

Take a look at this: https://youtu.be/lU-3xoUeOiE

Watch that video and try to convince me that the Decisive Strike stun should remain at "3 seconds". Out of all of the changes to perks, that might be the worst one you did. That is borderline useless. And you gain no distance whatsoever after the stun that you're ALWAYS the main target. So much for an "anti tunneling perk". REVERT DECISIVE STRIKE TO A 5 SECOND STUN!

Let's quickly mention Off the Record. How can you change Pain Resonance and Circle of healing because they were a jack of all trades, but then make Off the Record exactly that? It doesn't make sense. Another horrible change, Off the Record should NOT have Endurance. Also another bad change, Dead Hard. The most problematic things about that perk was that you had to wait several seconds for each down, and DH at pallets is nearly uncounterable. What did you decide to do? Not make it work first chase. It's still the same perk, you haven't changed the perk at all, it STILL retains the problematic aspects of it, you just made a lazy change to it instead of reworking it fully like the perk deserves. Give it 2 months max, it will climb back into the meta AGAIN. Meta for another 2 years because why not?

With all of these changes to gen regression perks and the change to Decisive Strike, you somehow made people "genrush" so much easier, but also made tunneling more frequent than it's ever been. Behaviour, for your sake, I really hope that you make meaningful changes to the meta, because some perks, despite their high usage rate, need to stay.

I'm done for now, please take a look at the perks you changed, and revert some necessary changes to them.

Comments