Killer Perks You Should Try

StickyB
StickyB Member Posts: 96

Here's a list of killer perks that are extremely good this patch that you may not have considered:

• Blood Echo - Survivors are healing less, so when paired with perks like sloppy, you can get a lot of value out of this.
  • Coup De Grace - DH is very rarely seen nowadays, Coup is amazing on M1 killers to reach a little further on those survivors that are greading pallets.
  • Fearmonger - Can't sprint burst away from their gen if you've got fearmonger.
  • Grim Embrace - Honestly as good as deadlock. Instead of 1 survivor running to a different gen essentially only saving you 10 seconds, Grim Embrace stops all gens for 40 seconds, meaning you can go get your next down without worry of another gen popping (really surprised people don't consider this perk more)
  • Terminus - Survivors tend to rush the last gen out and not heal, and with the ever growing rise of adrenaline users, this perk is really starting to shine, especially when paired with No Way Out

What other underrated perks are you using?

Comments

• carl1982
    carl1982 Member Posts: 20

Ok

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I've always found Play with your food underrated. That extra movement speed helps more then you would think.

Also honerable mention to Eruption and Pain Res.

People are a bit too quick to write any change as a nerf into the ground. They are still amazing perks.

I find pain res often being better then it was before

• CausticMisery
    CausticMisery Member Posts: 35

Autodidact is slightly less useless now and I've been having fun with it. Coulrophobia also seems to give me quite a bit more value lately. I pair it with Sloppy /Gift of Pain and run it on Legion, Doctor or high mobility Killers like Billy or Blight to extend its reach.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,284

try save the best for last on a special attack killer like huntress or nemisis

• StickyB

I don't understand why people stop using Pain Res and Eruption, they were just made balanced. They're just as strong as other slowdown.

Been using PWYF on Legion and Plague, it's very good and can't believe I missed it out.

• StickyB

Coulrophobia is a very nice perk, been playing stealth killers more lately so not tried it much this patch but it's seen a lot of uses on my impossible heal doc build.

• StickyB

Honestly STBFL is good on any killer, but yes, been using it a lot on demo.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I wonder if coupe works for a lethal rush on blight. That would be hilarious.

• Brix
    Brix Member Posts: 129

Pain res + Grim embrace is a nice combo now since both are same token based

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Depends on how it's done.

If the gens are blocked before the final pain res goes off you miss out on that last trigger.

If pain res happens before the block it's indeed very good

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 129

Distressing - for the BPs bonus (surprise attacks on wraith give sooo many BPs if paired with his addon "The beast")

+ Coolrophobia and Agitation while playing Wesker, when I don't particularly go for the 4k but want to mess with the survs

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Gearhead is now amazing for ranged killer's like Artist / Huntress

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389
    edited April 2023

I do kinda think play with your food could use a slight buff (maybe slight change is losing tokens?) Maybe you only lose tokens when hits connect?

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

And if using Slinger, try using Forced Penance. I manage to proc the broken effect quite a bit, and it leaves the survivor in a pretty vulnerable state for a good duration. Can also pair well with Terminus by the time the endgame has begun.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Mathimatically speaking (now that I've bothered to think about it) Grim embrace saves you approx 80-110 seconds of "gen time" (Worst case is 1 survivor hooked, none chased, survivor lets go of gen 30s in then saves, best case 1 hooked, 1/obsession chased, survivor immedietly goes for save)

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Been enjoying grim embrace with the new pain resonance and now way out. Really encourages multiple hooks with a good reward for doing so

Also new gear head is very strong on teleporting killers like dredge or sadako

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I like Play With Your Food. That extra speed feels so nice ! I've been using it on Ghostface mostly, since it's pretty pointless on Legion and though Hag really needs the speed, I can't really afford to let the obsession do as they please when I'm playing her.

A pretty basic baby killer perk, but Spies From The Shadows is very underrated in my opinion. I'm not good at paying attention to minute details in the background, and whenever I play this perk I get so much more value than I expect. I basically always have an idea of where survivors are around me.

Mad Grit is also amazing when it works out. Though a bit less in this meta, since people are less willing to tank hits for saves.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363

I absolutely love Grim Embrace, one of my favorite perks to run, criminally underused.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Whispers is underrated just as much as Spies From The Shadows

Oppression is pretty good as well... and it synergizes quite well with Surveillance

And Hot Take... Thrilling Tremors is underrated as well

• StickyB

I don't think it does as it's not a basic attack, however I know it works on Deathslinger's attack after the chain hit.

• StickyB

I've seen Hens use it on Deathslinger too, however I suck at Deathslinger so it might be a while before I try that one out.