Swf is literally unstoppable after this update

Options
MerleDixon
MerleDixon Member Posts: 159

With gen regression removed, swfs can literally just crank gens with no punishment. It's honestly out of control. I just played a match with 4 bnps, in which the match lasted about 5 minutes.i couldn't get any pressure either.

Comments

• MerleDixon
    Options

Yeah it's just him with addons that's broken. I say remove speed add-ons or nerf them. C33 needs to go. alc ring should just give faster recharge

• MerleDixon
    Options

Yeah this update pretty much made solo que unplayable while making swf unbeatable

• Haven414
    Haven414 Member Posts: 97
    Options

I really wish they'd just buff perks that suck or add new perks that are actually creative and useful instead of just nerfing the best ones.

• MerleDixon
    Options
  • IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2023
    Options

For the record, I'm not talking about the game balance as far as what results should be the case. I'm saying there isn't much reason for killers to engage with gens now which leads to killers focusing on killing survivors almost exclusively. You could run builds that focused primarily on gens (I did that a ton before) and still ateive to get kills over the course of the game. Now gen defense is pretty minimal. I do disagree that killers as a whole didn't engage with gens in the past (there were always tunnelers and campers before and that will always exist to some level). Now there is very little reason to not do that. Hexes aren't used much anymore and can't be defended, gens can't be defended meaningfully, boons aren't used much and can't be stopped consistently as the killer, and so all you are left with is killing now as the killer. You don't have secondary objectives now. I liked when perks like pop or hex ruin were actually a threat but now neither really matter (along with a bunch of other perks and secondary objectives for both sides).

For "what a killer should aim for" yes I agree killers ought to shoot for more than a 2k to be beyond a tie (3k should be the goal of a killer) but there should be more emphasis on secondary objectives for a killer but they just aren't really a thing anymore

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,086
    Options

The game should be balanced around 5v1 in the e first place because survivors should at least have a chance of 40-50% escaping. Aim for 2K is only a tie, aim for 3K only make it pointless to do Gen but go for hatch.

If it was 5v1, 60% kill rate means 3K out of 5 every match always feel like winning to killer.

• tech
    tech Member Posts: 30
    Options

gamers gonna game

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

u still got corrupt, deadlock, no way out, jolt, and quite honestly even pain res still

• 1ettuce
    Options

yeah sometimes it feels bad when scourge hooks become useless for the rest of the game if its my only scourge but it also feels super nice knowing that i just killed a gens entire lineage, and that decision making stuff also makes it even nicer with agitation to get to whatever hook you please, which i love cuz agitation is dope

• MerleDixon
    Options

Deadlock and jolt are the only good ones on this list, no way out and corrupt can be countered easily

• 1ettuce
    Options

how is that exactly? corrupt i can understand but no way out rly?

• 1ettuce
    Options

That can work sometimes sure but its value is still undeniable imo. If you're in the middle of a chase you have a really good chance to finish that chase up before the gates even get a drop of progress. You have time to camp someone for a whole hook stage. if you have a good idea of where survivors are already then you can snowball really effectively. I hate anecdotal evidence as much as the next guy but I have to mention there was a game I had where NWO turned what would've been a 1k into a 4k. Felt good as hell

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,777
    edited May 2023
    Options

I'm loving the pain res killers these days. Less tunneling and good regression for the killer. choosing when to use it feel great. I hope they up the regression to 30%. i would love to see the new pain res become the define meta.

by the way I'm using it on every killer i main and getting some good results

• MerleDixon
    Options

The regression just needs a buff then it's be perfect yea

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

They must have been trolling you in endgame if it took 5 minutes to end the game with 4 bnp. I find it mind torturing that certain things are still in this game in 2023 like bnp, syringe, Nurse, Blight's add-ons, MDR/DCB, Ultra tombstone, Pinhead, Pinheads box working with FD or hoarder, Certain aspects of Knight/SM, GoJ, Badham, Freddy and PH add-ons, just realizing I could do this all day so I will stop.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 448
    Options

BNP rework idea- If a survivor attaches a bnp to a generator that generator can never regress beyond 50% progress.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,760
    Options

"SWF"

• Sylhiri
    Sylhiri Member Posts: 178
    Options

What would happen if you removed all generator speed perks/items/addons from the game? Would the base speed be perfectly fine on both sides?

• MerleDixon
    Options

The ONLY reason the game lasted for more than three minutes is because I was playing skull merchant

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 461
    Options

I think Toolboxes and its addons needs to change next Midchapter. I think they should be more to deny regression from perks and quicks than to speed gen completition.

BNP is atrocious and should not be in the game.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

They’re never going to do anything to SWF. In a perfect world, SWFs would be limited on the perks and offerings they use, but that’ll never happen.

So, instead, killer mains, when facing them, just tunnel the weakest link out asap. Proxy camp, force second stage, run NoeD, play only strong killers(because it’s obvious none of the M1 killers will ever get buffs to compete vs good survivors) and do what you have to do. SWFs do it all the time and go all out with BNPs, Flashlights, Tool Boxes, map and hook offerings and Med-kits with syringes.

Don’t sleep on Franklin’s Demise. If you have Lethal Pursuer, you can make all their tool boxes and items useless before they can use them. Feel free to use map offerings to killer sided maps or even bring in a Mori. They may not be what they were in the past, but I’ll save you from having to hook a boiled over user.

It bears repeating- If They go all out, so too should you. It sucks that you can’t main your preferred killer because they’re weak, but complaining about it won’t change anything.

• MerleDixon
    Options

I think BNP is mostly fine it just needs a nerf

Should only boost by 10%

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

If they keep nerfing add ons, items, and such, without adding new ones, items will all become pointless. I'd like the items to be more fun, if anyhting.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

yeah like tool boxes having the likes of blast mine or the likes in the addons instead of altering gen speed, like more interactive perks, or toolbox addons letting you lift up pallets etc akin to any means.

There is so many ways they could make items more interesting, flashlights having residual manifests effect etc on addons. They dont just need to speed up the healing/gen speeds

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

That's only partially correct. Survivors/Killers with nothing loaded should be the "baseline" for being able to accomplish your goal in the game.

Survivor + Perks (old DH, old CoH), Killer + Perks (old Overcharge+Call of Brine), and some killer abilities (Knight/SM three-genning, Legion having baseline Killer Instinct, Bubba being able to insta-down facecamp), should be an enhancement to help accomplish your goal in the game in a noticeable way or slightly adjust your playstyle/tactics, but not provide "I win" buttons.

Items/addons should be only able to slightly assist with certain goals or aspects of the game, or provide the option of altering an aspect of the character's playstyle (Prayer Tablet Plague), but not be so OP that they can dictate win or loss. BNPs/Syringes on survivor side, on killer side some Blight/Spirit/Michael Myers addons, for example, provide an insane amount of boost for just using one slot. When used in combination with some other addons available to those characters (particularly in the case of it being multiplied by four for survivor teams), it can create pointless trials that often turn toxic.

Also, some Killers shouldn't need certain addons to function well, or have a shot at winning above low/low-mid MMR levels. Nor should there be Killers with most of their addons being so useless that they're limited to just a few they can use at all (Freddy, Pyramid Head). It also doesn't help that for some killers one/both of their iri-level addons are worse than lower level ones or function counter to the killer's own power [Deathslinger, Pyramid Head, Onryo, Hag, Nurse (debatable with Matchbox vs Spasmodic Breath)].

There should never be an instance where one or one set of perks/addons can swing a match so substantially for one side or the other. That, plus some maps/map variants, are at the core of the game's imbalance issues. It's the primary reason I'd prefer BHVR to stop with the new survivor/killer/perk cycle for a while and use that time to update and balance what we already have before adding more to it. They're treating it the same way they've treated the game's underlying code: let the problem continue without update until it's become so daunting an issue as to be effectively impossible to correct at this point.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited May 2023
    Options

It's actually funny how they marvelously managed to nerf just solo q (and killers in extent) all while "compensate" it for SWFs, lol

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 461
    Options

BNP its is a problem as it give free Gen pressure with a single item. Think of it: if the killer doesn't have Corrupt Intervention and every survivor uses a BNP, the killer lost almost like a one whole gen worth of progress at the very start of the match. A good change would be if it halved the effect of regression perks for like, 60s to 120s. This way, BNP would still be a strong item, but not an early game boost as it is now.

• Legobro
    Legobro Member Posts: 6
    Options

It hurts that survivor is just get whoever you want with OP perks, items, and add-ons, no need to prestige anyone else buddy it's okay. Then on killer the strat is to buy every killer for Elon's net worth to have every perk in case a new meta comes out, use the best killer with the best teachable