Since the update how have your games been?

I can say with certainty that I am getting far fewer kills per trial. I went from getting 2-4k to now maybe getting 1 kill, if I'm really lucky.

As a survivor it isn't so bad, I escape more than I get kills as the killer. The only thing I've noticed that seems to be a bit worse is teammates doing fudge all while I'm the one trying to get gens done and all that jazz.

How are you finding it?

Comments

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

That's what happens when you nerf all the gen regression but leave and then buff gen progression perks. At this point there is no way to stop gens from been done the best you can do is block them for a short time but that 80% gen is still 80% when it gets unblocked.

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 459

Fair points. But you didn't answer the question... How have your games been going?

• Gamedozer7

I kind of figured it was obvious but not fun. It feels like the more I try to have fun The worse the game goes. I'm averaging around 6 hooks a game and that's ending up having to sweat for those 6 hooks. Also the pre running is out of control ever time I make it to a gen I see the survivor way off in the distance to the point were if I don't want to play a walking Sim I need to throw the game so I can at least get some chases in.

• Gamedozer7

You know we seem to always have the exact opposite experiences because I'm losing way more matches as killer but escaping more often as survivor. I'm not trying to discredit your experience just making an observation.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

Escaping less on average as survivor, because matchmaking is either pairing me with killers I can't handle, because I'm boosted, or ones I can and my teammates can't. No in-between compared to right before the patch.

4king just as much and in general getting worse survivors in my matches, where matchmaking already wasn't pairing me correctly

• Gamedozer7

You said your killer matches have been with weaker survivors on my side I've seen a higher level of survivors. I've had more p100 survivors around the last month like alot more. Survivor matches are still a coin flip sometimes I have god level teammates and sometime they have gen allergies or can't last 15 seconds in chase but I would say the overall quality of teammates seem to have gone up for me.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,666

buff gen progression perks

Just so we're clear, you're specifically talking about overzealous. That's literally the only 'gen progress' perk to have been touched in like 6 months.

A perk that, even with a couple rounds of number tweak buffs still requires the survivor to complete 1.6 full generators to break even on the totem time, and is completely hard countered by.... injuring them?

• Gamedozer7

Think of it this way what if the threw a number change on an anti heal perk this up date

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I see more P100s.

I'm averaging maybe 1 out of every 2 matches, sometimes with more than one in those matches.

Those P100's have not been good.

• 00berdisc
    00berdisc Member Posts: 96

Killer is izzi, survivor camping everywhere.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,846

We've recently come back from a valheim binge so its abit mixed. Averaging around 8 hook states almost every game as killer while kills vary (abit rusty). Solo survivor feels the same (teammates seem to be throwing slightly more but thats hardly new), swf feels slightly better but that maybe due to us doing "finish 3 gens" rift challenge and seeing first hand how hex totems can heavily backfire (was disgusting and hilarious how fast 2 people can burn through a gen with overzealous and prove).

• EffenBlue
    EffenBlue Member Posts: 82

How have my games been? Everybody and their grandmother runs sloppy now. As a primary solo q player, my escapes have droped from 2 out of 4 to 1 out of 4. Crippling self healing has been a nightmare from a solo pov. It's not much fun. I don't mind dying as long as the matches are fun, and they just aren't to me.

I see more tunneling and slugging even at 5-4 gens.

Skull Bane and Sir Camp a Lot are still snore fest matches, but that's for a different topic.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Mostly the same as they were before the update. There’s just less boons, less DH, and no more Overbrine and them being gone/less used feels great. Don’t miss any of it on either side.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,006

my solo q excape rate stay about the same around 40% but the games are more of landslide now. Either 3 gens pop quickly and the killer give up or someone get down very quickly and we never recover.

As killer my win rate drop from 80% to 75%. half the game feel like it about to be L but you somehow pull it off. I mainly use low to middle level killers tho so that still good.

overall this patch I still find solo q to be a wasteland, killer to be very rewarding, and swf to be very fun but more overpowering

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Killer games are more fun without DH & CoH. I never needed anti-gen perks, so PR is good enough to keep game long.

For survivor... Terrible games. And i don't know how they can fix it. Maybe nerfing camping and tunnelling?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,154

Honestly, it's been actually more enjoyable since the patch. For the record I'm on UK servers. My results often seem fair too. Any losses I put down to either being outplayed or making errors. Only one match had disconnects on a first down (2 dc's in fact).

As killer it's been especially fun. The healing changes and gen regressing changes are clear, but a killer is now doing what a killer should be doing, which is chase. Gen management simulator was pretty dull anyway. My last 6 trials have been: 3k,3k,4k,0k,2k,3k (this last one I gave survivor the gates after shutting the hatch and finding them).

Survivor has felt much more like surviving and I feel the killer is more fo a threat than before. I've felt less of a change, other than working more altruistically with my other survivors. Team mates have been good and SoloQ has been fine for me! I had a nice win streak going for a bit, but currently my last 6 games have been on a bit of a losing role: 3 deaths, 1 escape, 1 death, 1 escape in that order.

However, the one thing I have noted is auto-aim on console feels is worse now than it was before. I'm not sure what's changed, but it really is far to sensitive. I'd rather they just get rid of that feature currently as that is frustrating.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    edited May 2023

Sure, but:

1) they haven't buffed anti healing in the past couple of patches.

2) if they did buff an anti healing perk, like, say, making leverage activate for 35 seconds instead of 30, the correct phrasing is 'they buffed an anti healing perk and nerfed self healing'. Calling that 'they buffed all anti healing and nerfed all healing into the ground' is just untrue. It also doesn't make leverage worth running.

Post edited by AmpersandUnderscore on
  • Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 391

I... haven't felt much of a difference? Then again, I never really used gen kick perks, so for me not much has changed. Almost all matches are 3k + hatch or 4k, with a 1k sprinkled in every once in a while.

Survivor side... uuuh... I feel it's worse, but I don't think it's because of the healing changes? I feel the rift is more to blame than the update. I'm seeing people not put a single hand on generators for MINUTES while I'm the only one repairing. Others are usually fighting over breaking totems and such. Now that I constantly know what others are doing, I'm permanently one match away from having a mental breakdown. It's insane.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Hmm, as killer, i dont see much difference, most matches are still easy 3k+. But i didnt use regression perks before and play mostly dredge, which has high mobility, unless map rgn decide to throw the match for me.

As solo survivor, it got worse again. The first few days i had a killer that camped and tunneled every single match. Now its just most of the games again.

But thats the advantage of playing both sides, i mostly play killer since then, and survivor only for rift challenges.

• Gamedozer7

My while point is that they nerfed self healing now imagine if in that same patch they also buffed anti heal. That's pretty much what they did with regression not to mention the last 3 chapters have had some kind of gen speed up perk. It's not a one to one example but it's sounds pretty dumb to nerf self healing but buff something like sloppy or Coulrophobia.

• Heytherebigguy
    Heytherebigguy Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 226

I'm playing blight against a deadhard less game, better than ever.

• Cataclysimz
    Cataclysimz Member Posts: 24

Easy for killer, miserable for solo Q survivor.

• AmpersandUnderscore

I'm not going back and forth with random hypothetical situations.

My point is that there's a massive difference between 'everything got buffed' and 'one perk got touched, and still isn't worth using'.