Nightmare on Elm Street Perk Buffs

Options
Luigifan64
Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110

This is a revised version of a post I already did where I touched up on some of the perks to make them better. This has an updated explanation section where I go into more detail about these perk buffs, feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear.

Pharmacy: You have a knack for finding what you need in dire situations, before you open a chest, you can select an item to have a slight/moderate/considerable percent bonus to receive that item. Pharmacy also increases chest searching by 80% and reduces its sounds by 10 meters.

Wake Up!: Your past experiences with Freddy have taught you keep yourself up and forced yourself to be at peak performance; you receive a 5%/10%/15% boost to all actions. However, should you be hit by the killer, you will become tired and have a 15% decrease to all actions, until you are healed. Wake Up! will also show survivors your aura when opening exit gates.
“Wake up, Nancy, wake up. Nancy Please.”
-Quentin Smith

Vigil: You look out for yourself and your friends, keeping you on your toes. Vigil reduces the cool-downs for all status effects by 10%/15%/20% and allows you to recover exhaustion while running. Survivors within 8 meters will also get this effect.
“Nancy, I can't let you go to sleep, you're not gonna wake up.”
-Quentin Smith

Remember Me: You always had a favorite, and toying with them until you could keep them forever was your darkest desire. You become obsessed with one survivor, and your weapon wipe/breaking/vaulting/pickup/stun will be decreased by 10%/15%/20% while chasing/interacting with the obsession. In addition, you will gain a 5%/10%/15% boost to all actions when your obsession is hooked; your obsession will not lose progress on the hook as long as they don’t attempt to escape or fail to struggle.
“Remember Me?”
-Freddy Krueger

Fire Up: The potential of survivors having a chance of escaping your nightmare gives you a fiery rage.
1 Generator completed:2%/3%/4% faster actions
2 Gens completed:4%/6%/8% faster actions
3 Gens completed:6%/9%/12% faster actions
4 Gens completed:8%/12%/16% faster actions
5 Gens completed:10%/15%/20% faster actions
”You can’t save her.”
-Freddy Krueger

Blood Warden: Even as your prey have a light of hope to escape, you make sure that light will be snuffed out, keeping a careful watch over their escape. After the last gen is powered, having a survivor on a hook will decrease gate opening time by 20/25/30 seconds (the time will be halved if the survivor is unhooked). Every-time a survivor is hooked after an exit is open, the entity will block the exits for 40/50/60 seconds and survivors in the gates will be shown.
”We got 6 more minutes to play.”
-Freddy Krueger

Additional Explanations: This section is to explain the details of these perks more in-depth so that the original descriptions get even more wordy and convoluted.
-Pharmacy will NOT guarantee an item, only increase the chances of getting it, meaning that an item like a purple flashlight or a red key will only get a slight chance to actually get the item. So the higher the rarity, the smaller the chance of getting it due to the rarity; again it will simply up the chances. So in turn wanting to get a common item with Pharmacy will be guaranteed and an uncommon one will have like a 90% chance of getting it.

-Wake Up! applies to literally every action, both when it is increasing them and when it's decreasing them. You will gain the percent bonus as long as the killer doesn't hit you. The second the killer hits you, you get the 15% debuff and have to be healed or heal yourself before you can gain the perk's buffs again.

-Vigil would DOUBLE the exhaustion timer while you are running in the idea that I proposed, so it'd be similar to how exhaustion perks worked before the exhaustion nerf. The 20% decrease effect would still apply, again similar to how it used to before the nerf.
I do have a second idea for this perk, I just prefer the one I proposed: "You look out for your friends, ensuring that they stay safe. Vigil will give every survivor a 10%/15%/20% reduction to all status effects at all times. Vigil can stack." Both ideas would apply to ANY status effect that has a timer, meaning that it would also apply to perks like Make Your Choice and Haunted Ground but only for people who are effected by Vigil.

-Remember Me is designed to be a perk that you want the obsession to live as long as possible just so that you can hook them for the passive increase to actions that will stack with other perks (including Fire Up). So having the obsession stay on the hook is the goal, and sure it keeps them alive, but that's what Freddy wanted in the movie; to get Nancy into a coma so that he could "play" with her for the rest of her life. It's possible that the numbers are too low, but I believe that stacking them with other perks would prove to be very strong and the added bonuses would be helpful to a killer, even if they just want to chase the obsession down and kill them right off the bat.

-Fire Up's buff is strictly in number value and how quickly you get the % bonus, not any additional actions are affected, meaning that only vaulting, picking up, pallet/gen breaking, and hooking are increased NOT attack cool-downs.

-Blood Warden would apply if a survivor is hooked before the last gen is popped as well as any time after the last gen is popped. This means that if someone opens the gate and no one is hooked or was hooked, the gate will still open normally, the killer has to have had someone hooked for the timer to increase at all. After the unhook the door's increased time will be cut in half, but it will still have an increased time; and if someone is hooked with the increased time, the door would take the full time (extra 30 sec) again (based on how far the door opening had progressed before the hooking). The blocking exits effect wouldn't restart until the effect wears off once. So at tier 3 you (as the killer) would have to wait 60 seconds before being able to re-block the exits. The timer will NOT stack with multiple hooks.

All these perk buffs are to make them more accurate to the films and make them more usable, as well as making the DLC feel like more effort and care was put into it. Which is also why I added quotes from the movie for most of these perks, because it should feel like you’re playing the movie more.

Post edited by Luigifan64 on

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    I actually prefer the current versions of Remember Me, Blood Warden and Pharmacy (this last one being on my builds 60% of the time). The only thing I would change about Blood Warden is the effect refreshing whenever you hook a Survivor.

As for Vigil, recover Exhaustion while running is not something I really want on this perk. Just because the whole point of the perk is not something that has to do with it. I would much rather it also included Exposed effect (your alternative idea).

I do like your suggestion for Wake Up. This type of "trade off" perks. The problem is generator speed. With so many current focusing on it, I feel iffy about it. Granted, its like a reverse Resilience, but with more generous numbers.
  • Luigifan64
    Options

@PigNRun said:
    I actually prefer the current versions of Remember Me, Blood Warden and Pharmacy (this last one being on my builds 60% of the time). The only thing I would change about Blood Warden is the effect refreshing whenever you hook a Survivor.

As for Vigil, recover Exhaustion while running is not something I really want on this perk. Just because the whole point of the perk is not something that has to do with it. I would much rather it also included Exposed effect (your alternative idea).

I do like your suggestion for Wake Up. This type of "trade off" perks. The problem is generator speed. With so many current focusing on it, I feel iffy about it. Granted, its like a reverse Resilience, but with more generous numbers.

I know that the Blood Warden and Remember Me changes vastly change how the perks work (I kinda just meshed the two gate related perks into one because they seemed a little underpowered separated imo), but I think Pharmacy would still have it's original purpose, only better. Due to the rarity, you could still get a green medkit fairly easily, but now you have the option to get different or better items on EVERY chest search, not just a mediocre medkit on your first one. The new Remember Me is strictly to make it more like the movie while still making it useful. With the new Blood Warden it could have the same stats as the old Remember Me in regards to gate opening, I just thought this way would be simpler while still giving it a large range of usability.

As for Vigil I personally think that the exhaustion thing is the only possibility for this perk to be in anyway useful, even if it made exposed status decrease faster. Sure the second idea I proposed would stack, but it would be unlikely that more than 1 person would run it, maybe the percent should just have a flat increase (possible like 40%-50%?). The point of the perk is to make to have it support your team (as well as yourself) making them recover quicker like how Quentin acted to Nancy in the movie (wanting to stay alive so he could help her live as well), so making it recover exhaustion wouldn't be off source or missing the point of the perk, it would just make it useful.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I don't think the changes to Remember Me and Fire Up would be an option, not because they're bad ideas, just because they would stack way too much with others perks. Fire Up alone with Save The Best For Last would bring your successful attack cooldown down by 60%. That's already faster than the old machine gun build. Toss Remember Me into the mix and you could get that up to a whopping 75/80%. You'd basically have no attack cooldown at that point.

Granted, it's a little more conditional than the old machine gun build, but you do not need the full effects to get something incredibly powerful. Even three Fire Up stacks paired with STBFL would be a massive decrease, roughly the same as the old machine gun build.
  • Luigifan64
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Peanits said:
    I don't think the changes to Remember Me and Fire Up would be an option, not because they're bad ideas, just because they would stack way too much with others perks. Fire Up alone with Save The Best For Last would bring your successful attack cooldown down by 60%. That's already faster than the old machine gun build. Toss Remember Me into the mix and you could get that up to a whopping 75/80%. You'd basically have no attack cooldown at that point.

Granted, it's a little more conditional than the old machine gun build, but you do not need the full effects to get something incredibly powerful. Even three Fire Up stacks paired with STBFL would be a massive decrease, roughly the same as the old machine gun build.

Oh sorry, I didn't mention this in the perk description, but Fire Up would NOT effect attack cooldown, it would just effect the actions it currently does in game (that was just poor wording on my part). The Remember Me could be non stack-able with STBFL if it really proves to be an issue, but the thought process behind is that its a reverse STBFL in that you get a better effect from chasing your obsession and hooking them instead of avoiding them. If you chased your obsession with STBFL and this Remember Me, you'd lose half your stacks (assuming you have tier 3 of STBFL and have 8 stacks of it). I understand that for the obsession it would be a lot but that's the point of the perk (at least mine is), to try and get them as soon as possible so that you can gain the benefits as long as they're on the hook.
    A potential change (for my version) could be removing the attack cooldown completely, make it not stack with STBFL, or just have the attack hit cooldown only apply to the obsession.

• Luigifan64
    Options

@Peanits said:

The only way they would stack is vaulting, pallet breaking, and pickup; Remember Me effects more than just those 3, but those would be the only stats that overlap

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options

Recover from exhaustion while running NOPE!!!

• Luigifan64
    Options

I mean you'd have to sacrifice a perk slot for that ability and it would be a good buff to Vigil to make it usable, but it would be more of a niche perk still because of the better perk options you could go with.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Note that if you have other abilities tacked on to Vigil, then you're not really sacrificing a perk slot, are you?

• Luigifan64
    edited March 2019
    Options

Other abilities meaning what? If you’re referring to it’s ability to decrease satus effects by 20% then that would just be what the perk currently is. It would be sacrificing a perk slot because you’re using it over more viable perks (even if it did have its buff).

• TAG
    Options

I wouldn't call it "sacrificing a perk slot" so much as just "using a perk slot". And by reducing 40 seconds of Exhaustion cool-down outside of a chase only to 32 seconds of chasing, I'm not sure it's as much of a "sacrifice" as you think.

• Luigifan64
    Options

So you’re saying you’d rather run the current Vigil over SC, Lithe, BL, Dead Hard, Prove Thyself, Deliverance, UE, Q&Q, BK, Unbreakable, etc. etc. Vigil’s usability is very limited, and no, only reducing 8 seconds of exhaustion while outside of a chase is not worth it, not to mention the 20% decrease just has a small effect on any of the killer addons that actually get used (mainly the mangled ones). It also doesn’t help against exhaustion addons that much because of how busted they currently are, a common huntress addon can completely disable a perk because you no longer can recover exhaustion while running. There are way better, more effective, and more fun perks to run over Vigil, so yes it would be sacrificing a perk slot for it and for the buffed version I proposed. It needs a buff, along with all of the Nightmare on Elm Street perks because they all suck and need more care and love put into them.

• TAG
    edited March 2019
    Options

Over Lithe, Dead Hard, and the other Exhaustion perks? No. With? Maybe. Also, what do you mean "while outside of a chase?" Vigil as you have written it allows a Survivor to recover from exhaustion while being chased by a Killer.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

I'd absolutely take this Vigil over some meta perks. For example out of the perks you listed I would take it over: Prove thyself, Deliverance, Urban Evasion, Botany, Borrowed time and Unbreakable.

You don't give a ######### about the 8 second out of a chase. You take the perk because it brings the cooldown IN a chase from FOREVER to 32 seconds. Or in other words if you can use sprint burst and then maintain a 32 second loop, which a lot of survivors can, then you can get a second sprint burst making it possible to sustain the chase for much longer since you can do it a 3rd time

• Luigifan64
    Options

Oh, sorry, I thought you were referring to the current Vigil, not to the idea I proposed.

• TAG
    Options

Ah, okay. Yeah, I'm referring to your Vigil idea. The upside to recovering from Exhaustion while in the middle of a chase seems really big to anyone who is good at being chased.

• Luigifan64
    Options

It wouldn’t be 32 seconds in chase, I apologize that I didn’t preface this in the OP earlier, but Vigil would also bring back the old exhaustion status. That being the exhaustion timer doubling when you’re running. I’m sorry, that was just information that I had in my head that I forgot to specify in this post.

• Luigifan64
    edited March 2019
    Options

I mentioned it in the comment above, but the timer would double while you’re running, so with the effect of Vigil’s 20% decrease it’d be 64 seconds of running before a sprint perk becomes useable again. It’d also be a viable counter to exhaustion addons again, especially against huntress’ 60 second one and any clown one (seeing as how easy they are to hit). But I do agree, a 32 sec cool down in chase is FAR too strong, and I’m sorry that I didn’t mention the doubling effect earlier, it was a piece of information that I thought everyone would just automatically assume even though there was no way to.

• TAG
    Options

Ah-ha. There we go. Hm, that would mean that it would take 64 seconds to recover from Exhaustion if you are being chased by the killer from the very start. That would basically mean that your Tier 3 Exhaustion perk is effectively treated as a slightly worse Tier 1 Exhaustion perk (since the 20% would make it take 32 seconds to recover, but being chased would double that to 64 seconds) but with the advantage of being able to recover from Exhaustion in a chase.. Obviously, they had to nerf Exhaustion for a reason, buuuuuut on the other hand this DOOOES eat one of your perks. Is that a balanced trade-off? Hard for me to say.

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

I'd still say that's way too good. Remember that the times when that is going to come in to play are going to be the most unfun situations ever.

• Luigifan64
    Options

So what do you think of the second idea? Where you don't have the recovery while running, but 4 can stack at all times as long as someone has the perk equipped (so it would be like Open Handed where you don't have to be by the person who has it).

The trade off for running Vigil (the one that DOES recover exhaustion while running), would be using that perk slot just for that ability. However if it proved too strong (we won't really know unless it got tested), it could apply the whole 80 seconds while running and only would apply the 20% while not running; then again I believe using a perks slot just for exhaustion regain is a fair trade-off.

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

The second idea is fine I guess. A little weak but outside of the exhaustion interaction, but the perk's fundamental idea is niche

• Luigifan64
    Options

So if the second idea is too weak what would you say would be a good buff to this perk? Obviously you already know how I think it should be buffed, but do you have any ideas to make the perk better?