Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anniversary Cake need changes.

MegHasDirtyLegs
MegHasDirtyLegs Member Posts: 14
edited May 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

TL;DR

Anniversary Cake bonus Blood Points should only stack with other people who bring cake.

EDIT: Just to clarify. If players 1-4 bring cake and player 5 doesn't. Players 1-4 would get 4 x 107% bonus BP for bringing cake. Player 5 gets none. Nothing else changes, just how the bonus is applied.

DBD Anniversary is the time of year when all the scumbag playstyles come out in full force. I see more hackers just doing their thing, more survivors and killers doing their best to annoy other players.

The anniversary event becomes less of a celebration, but more of a "worst of" moments all concentrated in that short week(s).

Personally, the Anniversary event when when I see people on my friends list stop playing the game. They come for the extra BP, but soon find it not worth the trouble and go back to playing Civilization.

Quite often, the scumbag player(s) are the ones who didn't bring cake. It's like the one person that didn't bring anything for the potluck dinner, eats more than anyone else and then complains about the quality of the food all night. Neither actions are against any rules, but it just ruins the party for everyone else.

There's nothing that can be done to people who decide to play DBD just to ruin other people's enjoyment, but if they at least brought cake it would soften the blow for other players.

However, If they decide to use map/ hook offerings to compliment their annoying schemes, then they shouldn't be rewarded with extra BP other players brought to the party.

Cheers, and have a nice day, everyone. 😗

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• MegHasDirtyLegs
    MegHasDirtyLegs Member Posts: 14

@OneGoodBoyDemo Nothing would change for you if you bring cake. You'll have as much cake as before, even more since this would encourage people to not hoard it.

@KingFieldShipper I could complain about gen rushing, camping and tunneling if you'd like. I don't understand the second part of your comment.

Let me clarify. If players 1-4 bring cake and player 5 doesn't. Players 1-4 would get 4 x 107% bonus BP for bringing cake. Player 5 gets none. Nothing else changes, just how the bonus is applied.

The motivation for this post was from a conversation I recently had with a couple of friends who used to play DBD. The anniversary event came up, it reminded us of all the obnoxious games we had during the past anniversary events. We can't be the only ones to notice an uptick of hackers and trolling during the anniversary events.

There is no negatives for people who plan to earn and use their cakes. It only negatively impacts players who plan to mooch off of other player's cake offerings.

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302

I have been playing DBD for quite some time (long time actually) and never even had a thought close to this.

That said I completely agree OP.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

Yeah I like this idea. Last anniversary it felt like every single match was 4x cake and a mori offering.

Make this year's cake only give the bonus blood to the players that bring that offering. I dare you BHVR.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

This would just make people play even more scummy. There has been quite a few time I've seen cakes and decided to let everyone live. On the survivor side you would get people sandbagging you just so you get less points.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Yes. They need to be changed to something else, like last years flans. Maybe some…

wait? You want to take away the BP bonus for those that don’t bring the offering?? 🤨

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,899

Nah

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You would literally solve nothing by doing this and you would be penalizing a ton of survivors as that side already doesn't get enough cakes due to their bloodwebs being over saturated by the usual slate of items and addons on top of event items and addons. So your solution would not only make people not do the things that annoy you, but you'll be giving a middle finger to any survivor that gets thirty party starters before getting a cake. I've been in that position of watching bloodwebs give me basically not even one cake after 20 webs.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I want to share my cake with everyone, no matter what playstyle they choose to use, or whichever offering they choose to bring. Everyone will feel my love through these cakes!

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Yup this says it all .... With how many times I have gotten sandbagged by FELLOW Survivors who also brought cake and the Killer wanted to farm and just have fun didn't bring it.....yea Cake is to be shared..

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,435

Cakes are made to be shared

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

To be blunt I don't think gen rushing, camping or tunneling are truly issues either. You just need to accept that you may be camped or tunneled when I you throw on bps or cake you really gotta learn to accept that the other side isn't obligated to play how you want or farm. It's still your gamble, it sucks but it's completely fair. And to be honest you are already taking this gamble, cakes or not. This game is completely rng, you don't know what to expect in the next match. Perk wise, play style, killer, etc.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

Lmao I love the DBD community.

• LeFreezy
    LeFreezy Member Posts: 228

Cake is a lie

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

It should be an event game mode, for entry you have to use 1 cake. That way every game in that mode would have 5 cakes every match, and leftover cakes would be possible to use outside of anniversary just like now

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

CAKE!

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 272

Ah yes, the yearly "I burned a cake and don't want anyone to feed off it when they don't deserve it" thread.

You can always hoard them and burn them afterwards if you so desperatly don't want to use them during the event. People will still camp/tunnel/slug or genrush even with 5 cakes so what's the point of this mindset?

There will always be a reason people find the others undeserving of their cakes... I just find it silly you need to dictate who will and won't deserve anything. Just don't burn them then.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

After the last chapter, I'm not so sure much else would surprise me.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited May 2023

lol, survivors couldn't even bring a cake 24/7 in anniversary timeframe, what are you even asking for.