Balance = Stale

Options
Freddy96
Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
edited May 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I hope that by now it's clear how the more the balanced the game becomes the more boring its becoming.

Maybe it's due to the fact that some people like to feel as the power role or "bully" the other side but in my opinion it has more to do with the fact that by nerfs and mechanics removal anything that deviates from m1 on gen or spacebar on pallets is gone.

For example burning a wraith was clearly broken but it was something that added some interaction with a killer other than just spacebar, while removing crows that were swarming your teammates was something ok in my opinion that offered a bit of extra mechanic, rather than staying on your generator you'd run around with your flashlight trying to help your teammate thus, reducing gen speed, making killer-survivor interaction more frequent.

Another issue is BHVR war to small numbers. Let's take into example ataxic respiration addon: what kind of balance does -5,5% to a QOL addon offer? It's a niche addon and it would've still been a niche addon even if they buffed it by 100% considering nurse would still need to recharge her blinks.

Or why would you remove bloodpoint bonus to the 2 medkit addons? getting 500 extra bps per match doesn't offer any competitive advantage whatsoever unless the devs are still stuck in a wolrd where 10k bps is a pip as if 90% of the playerbase still plays for pips.

Now if this wasn't enough, imagine a world where all perks, addons, offerings and items are gone. The game would surely be more balanced than it is right now but it would be incredibly boring and pointless.

In conclusion i think that you should stop let us wait 3 months to nerf blighted crow by 0.05% or give us perks that allow the killer to gain 1% haste for 0.5 seconds, DBD thrived when it was the most unbalanced ######### ever, noone gives a damn about being efficient on gens or strategically secure 2nd stage in the basement.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

At it's most unbalanced period known as the Dark Times, that's a real thing btw. DBD was not thriving.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 671
    Options

period. the sweatier and more competitive the game has gotten (this includes mmr system), the more boring it has become and more players have quitted because it's not the purpose the game had to begin with.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Funny that the streamer that made this video coincidentally abandoned DBD once it was out of the "dark times"

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 963
    edited May 2023
    Options

You’ll care if it means on average players start using those builds every match allowing them to hyper-tunnel, hyper-repair, always escape chase, etc. And not because of skill either, but because of numerical assurances just dressed up nicely.

More emergent and varied gameplay (for all involved) is important, yes. But it’s easier to implement systems to facilitate that if you’ve got a balanced state to begin with.

Make a strong foundation, then build/iterate off of it. If new additions fail, you can still rebuild off that foundation with a lot less work than rebuilding everything.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

SO then it's up to BHVR to do more changes instead of leaving it as is for so long

We need more 6.0 type patches

• devotedDBDenjoyer
    devotedDBDenjoyer Member Posts: 269
    edited May 2023
    Options

I hella agree with you on the medkit bp addons. They took the bp bonus away and didn't even give anything that helped with general bp gains at all, they literally just nerfed it for the sake of nerfing the addon in some capacity. It wasn't op, it just gave extra bp (only when you hit greats, might i add) and apparently that's a bad thing according to this company. So irritating. Even with BBQ and WGLF getting their stacks removed they didn't help with us getting more bp they literally just made it so we'd have too much bp and we'd get bored spending it until auto bloodwebs came. Exhausting company. They know damn well they could've just removed the speed and kept the bp bonus on greats but they chose not to. Little changes like these annoy me more than big changes because it's just like

WHY

like genuinely I cannot get behind their reasoning. it was so flimsy. why purposefully ruin perfectly fine addons when so many busted addons exist? i don't get it! like damn! y'all are petty as hell!