and again nurse and blight

Options

on the stream of developers there is not a word about their possible alteration. I don't care about facecamping, fix these two

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

They're not getting changed any time soon especially Nurse who is functioning as intended.

Blight is doing some weird stuff, but I mean it's sorta still manageable.

• ili
    ili Member Posts: 61
    Options

the nurse in her condition is perfect, but blight has a lot of addon that needs to be reworked.

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 432
    Options

Well duh. I want the nurse nerfed as badly as I want to nerf well organized mega swfs. That just wasn't the subject of this thread lol

• FootMan2893
    FootMan2893 Member Posts: 333
    Options

One can not be tuned without the other. I think it's a waste of time saying either one needs to be nerfed unless we're talking more broader balance.

• pigslittlepet
    Options

Fine. Let's nerf nurse and high level swfs at the same time! Happy?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

because literally nothing is problematic for them, lol

Just like how 80% of survivors are "not that good", 80% of blights/nurses are also "not that good", so yeah statistically speaking they are fine, and even from gameplay perspective they ARE fine.

• Pavel_Ch
    Pavel_Ch Member Posts: 241
    Options

some addons "survivor" and "killer" can make the chair burn under me, which can fly to the moon. but I'm talking specifically about the power of these killers, who since they were released, have become like legal cheats. one flies through all the textures, instantly reducing the distance and leaving no chance of at least some kind of chase, the other has not yet been corrected by sliding and dpi

• ReikoMori
    Options

There is no "have become legal cheats"

That is just Nurse as she's always been and she's no where near as oppressive as she used to be in the past. Her power is what is it is and is just always going to be fairly strong, but over time people have learned how to dodge her. Not every killer is meant to do conventional chases and she has always been one of those killers.

Blight hug tech and dpi. What do you want them to do that they aren't already doing? They've been looking into ways to deal with hug tech, but clearly it isn't a simple thing to fix, but also not every blight can take advantage of it either. As for dpi, people are going to find ways to bypass the dpi threshold or switch dpi on the fly. At that point you're asking them to probably monitor something they don't have a decent way to do. Even with those issues still outstanding Blight is manageable and even without those things he's going to be the same strength he is now. Sliding isn't propping up an otherwise bad power, it's just tiny unintended benefit along with a very strong power.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

A slide mechanic was added to blight on purpose.

Dpi is not even related to the game… it’s something set using mouse software…

• ReikoMori
    Options

Then someone should inform Pavel.

Blight is definitely a killer that rests in my blindspot a fair bit, I don't play him that often and generally I don't keep close track of changes to strong killers.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    edited May 2023
    Options

For all those people saying nurse is fine...

Watch how her power works. It used to be, she can't attack until her blink finishes.

That's no longer true - at very minimum she is able to hit survivor by blinking over them and pressing attack button during blink (and without turning her head) - resulting in her hitting people with literraly her back.

I have done that as a killer - so no. It's not just desynch. It's her autoaim locking on target and then hitting it even if said nurse had 0 business landing said hit (and same thing can be abused by flicking mouse after blinking while holding m1 - the hit will land even if u won't really see the survivor).

On the other hand very similar thing can screw her over - when game decides to target that tree/corner of a wall/barrel instead of hitting where I actually aimed (and I know about aim dressing - this is not it. Nurse has some kind of autoaim that other killers (like spirit) don't have. All killers have aim dressing, but only nurse AFAIK has also autoaim).

• Gandor
    Options

Reread what I wrote. Yes. It is a bug. No it shouldn't work like that. Yes it robs killers of good hits too

• Pavel_Ch
    edited May 2023
    Options

Before it was more difficult and interesting to play, but now I easily take 1 rainbow rank and all that is left for the survivors is genrush. blight and nurse are two big mistakes in this game. I just remind you that there is a trapper, a bubba and a doctor in the game who do not fly around the map faster than billy and do not pass through walls

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Pavel_Ch
    Options

layers as soon as they see this nurse start to merge on the hook, my teammates don't want to play against nurse and blight. and if there are also these broken addons, then it's easier to sit out a 5-minute ban and go to the next game than to let the killer beat us. I don't need esports in this game, I can run from most of the killers, but these two ruin the whole experience of the game. has everyone seen 1000 victories in a row on nurse and blight on youtube? so this is not a balance, I don’t have a cultural word to say everything that I think about it

• Gandor
    edited May 2023
    Options

in 1000 games you are bound to encounter a few comp sweaty survivors too. Especially if you are streaming it (so people are sniping the lobby). Which BTW did happen.

The overall thing is that no. Those killers are indeed overpowered and they do overperform in highest skill bracket

• Pavel_Ch
    Options

no dude. the killer is either strong in chasing or map control, and these two bugs are strong in everything that makes them op

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

No, Nurse and Blight simply needs to be learned. As I will always say, to learn how to face a strong killer you need to play him. Play blight to learn counterplays, play Nurse to learn counterplays. It's not that hard. I hard looped a P100 Blight that was dead scary, everyone in the match went down really quick, I kept him for like 2 minutes straight in chase, because I know how to face a Blight. That guy was scary how strong he was, but I managed to loop him. Simply learn how to play

• Gandor
    Options

Well. In a game where RNG plays huge role, if someone is able to win 1000 games in a row, that speaks about something.

I am not denying those killers are hard to learn. All I am saying that if one side learns to not make big mistakes and so wins 1000x in a row... It tells something about those killers

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,340
    Options

We did reread what you said. BHVR admitted that aim dressing can steal hits from the killer. However, they also said that aim dressing will never give killers hits they weren't supposed to get, because it's not an auto-aim.

• Gandor
    Options

Then how could you get a hit with nurse by your back? Also how can it steal hits and not give hits you were not supposed to get? You just take 50% you like and ignore the rest

• illNicola
    Options

Can you please link me the proof of what you're saying? Because winning 1000 games in a row is just not believable. For it to be, the guy/girl who made this win streak would have to record every single game, every single win without pause. Considering that an average game lasts 10/15 minutes, to be credible this guy / girl should have done a live broadcast of about 15,000 minutes, which is about 250 hours. Also considering the time to look for a game, breaks due to eat, go to the bathroom and so on, probably even 300 hours can be reached. Do you understand that something like this is hardly credible?

You understand that one could have played about 20 games in a live, once the live went off he/she could have quit like 50 matches in a row in order to lower his MMR, or intentionally lose many games in a row to, in fact, lower his MMR and face potatoes.

• Gandor
    edited May 2023
    Options

Look it up yourself. Blight main with 1000 winstreak is named lilithOmen. He streams so you can watch his games yourself.

Nurse is a bit worse - she "only" has like 555+ wins (I didn't watch him for some time now, so it might be higher) in a row. The player is supaalf and he streamed all the game. But it's true he's playing nurse quite a bit less now.

As for how long it took... Supaalf's streak still goes on and it's more then year now

I don't know how much to the past both player's VOD's go so IDK if u can watch every single game now. But they were all recorded.

And if you think any of those 2 streamers just go after stream and lower their MMR... Well watch their matches and see what kind of survivors they both get (and yes - they DO get beginners too. Same as everyone else)

• illNicola
    Options

Ok, but as I said, is impossible to win 1000 games in a row in dbd. Too much RNG. Unless you give me a live without breaks where I can see from the first to the last game that you haven't lost one, you're not credible to me. I haven't exceeded 40 win streaks either, ok that I play mixed killers and not always the same, but even if I always play my main (Pyramid head) I find it hard to even be able to exceed 100. I don't question their skill, mind you, I question the credibility of "1000 wins in a row with the same killer". Again, they could very well have lowered the MMR by going offline. We all catch novices, as we all catch very strong people, but this is because the MMR is indicative but it doesn't really work well. Even I sometimes catch people who barely know how to run. Now, I want to see "lilithOmen", let's see if he is this strong.

• Gandor
    Options

OMG. Go watch lilith omen. Check his VODs. They are quite long. Common sense would tell you that after playing for that long EVERY DAY you will not hop on again to loose on purpose. And if you do, it would be visible on survivors for whole stream to see it.

Just check part of the VOD to see for yourself and maybe ask some more veteran/dedicated people on the stream if he really played all those games and if he cheated those numbers in any way...

• illNicola
    Options

Because obviously their followers will say me "Obviously he didn't cheat those numbers" even if he cheated. I'm watching some of his videos with blight, that he's pretty good is undeniable. Of course seeing it used well, blight with alc ring is truly op.

Anyway, don't take it the wrong way, but usually my chases have the same length as his chases... The problem is that the time it takes me to do a chase like this, I find a gen done, the time to hook the surv starts the second. So there is a big difference of gen speed.

I'm absolutely not saying that I'm better than this guy, before you think I believe myself the god of dbd (As some people think, as some on this forum think I think I'm the self-proclaimed best dbd player, that's absolutely not the case and I'd like to point this out), but ok pressure, ok everything, however I close the chases with the same speed as lilith and my opponents start 2 gen time to arrive on the hook. I wonder if this win streak was made when the game was more balanced, because if it was about a year or two ago ok, at the time the Blight was really op, but because genrush was much rarer.

With this, I'm saying that lilith isn't that strong? Absolutely not, indeed, we would only have to learn from someone like this, but for me, even if he is so good, 1000 win streak is still not very credible. And in any case, suppose he actually succeeded, to be able to use the combo of add-ons he uses (alc ring and crow) in such an efficient and perfect way, he must have trained so much, but so much, that he probably took months to get to this level, so it's only fitting that someone who puts so much dedication into learning a complex killer of his own, with a high risk high reward combo, can win so many matches in a row and nerfing it because survivors are too lazy to learn how to face a strong Blight is just ridiculous.

• Gandor
    Options

Killer is hard. Insert 1000 hours into him and you will then win. But not before. The plus side - survivors can insert 2000hrs into countering specifically him alone to no avail.

Do you think that's fair? I don't think it is.

Also most of his games were supposed to be played with double speed addons (but he does not do any limitation for himself).

One other thing - he's comp player. His chases are not his only advantage. His game sense is the other half (know who to chase and who to leave).

Another thing - as he plays all his games on the stream. Do you really think everyone on his stream wants him to succeed only? Do you think there would be 0 people that would not point out that he cheated? Also there are youtube videos already acknowledging his killstreak. Do you think at least a few people would not swarm those with clips of where he cheated the numbers?

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Aim dressing, and the short m1 attack bug, both have a double validating system, that can steal hits, but can't give hits.

In the case of aim dressing, the first validation is to see if the killer is making an attack, and is aimed properly. If this check passes, then the game might yank the camera away from the killer, to have to "look better" for the survivor. This camera yank can steal hits, if the camera yanks improperly, or if the camera yank disorients the killer so much that they overcompensate their camera turns and miss the survivor.

However, aim dressing will never just say "hey, the killer wants to make an attack, let's yank the camera so the killer is aiming towards the survivor, to help the killer".

And yes killers can attack survivors, but the aim dressing system itself will never give the killer a hit they weren't supposed to get. It's not an auto-aim system.

• Gandor
    edited May 2023
    Options

Not possible, but then you can try to play nurse and see you blink over survivor (see nothing in front of you) and you still get that down... Well. That doesn't sound like "there is no auto-aim". It sounds more like "killer can lock his target even before he can attack" (which more broadly can be called auto-aim).

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

No, that can't be called auto-aim. It's called "Nurse manually moved their camera and aimed for the survivor".

There's no target lock on with Nurse either. You shouldn't just make stuff up that is objectively wrong.

• Gandor
    Options

Except that I had a hit like that. And didn't move mouse. So you are saying to me that thing that happened to me DID NOT happen... IDK what to tell you about that one

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 240
    Options

Nurse is difficult to use. Thats why she’s strong. She’s easily loopable though if you understand her power. You loop her power not pallets.

• pigslittlepet
    Options

The fact you call her loopable is laughable. Go play against some actually good nurse players then form a opinion that matters.

• fulltonon
    Options

Lol, some actually good survivors have no problem against actually good nurses, because they are actually good.

What's the problem in losing against better players bruh.

• Pavel_Ch
    Options

maybe then add a survivor who will blink through the walls? and let's call it "what's the problem of losing to a stronger player, bro"

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 721
    Options

Core loop of the game is:

Do gen and escape for survs

Protect gen and hook surv for killer

How is Nurse braking this?

• Pavel_Ch
    edited May 2023
    Options

Blight camper - combo. Those who say that there is no need to change anything are obviously playing the same way. I'm one step away from deleting the game because the next game was against the same nurse

• pigslittlepet
    Options

Sure you wanna go watch jrm or ayrun or some top 1% of course they're gonna run her. I'm talking everybody else. If you think she's actually runnable then your lying to yourself and I pity you

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 721
    Options

I played 3 matches against nurses yesterday (it was more than for 30 days earlier... Idk why they start showing up).

One was baby Nurse that was struggling to get blink hits. After gens was done i let her do daily (i think she was trying do daily), and let her sacrifice me.

Second Nurse was extremally good. I was looping her for quite some time. My team done 2 gens at that time, but she finały got me. When Jill resqued me, other two was already downed... Ultimately she killed 2 survs. But it only shows that people cannot play with Nurse.

Last Nurse was struggling so hard. She also brought NOED... Yet we all escaped, with only 1 Hook.

Yes, none of them was top Nurse.

If we add one Nurse that done 4k, then its 7k across 4 games... Its less than 50% killrate. Is she really as problematic?

• pigslittlepet
    Options

Yes she is problematic. They keep nerfing perks and releasing underwhelming things into the game because of the fact she exists. Every change they make to the game has to take into account she exists. Look at the awakened awareness nerf. They changed that just because she exists. I'm tired of weaker killers suffering just because she exists.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Yes. I’m telling you the thing you think happened……didn’t happen. I don’t care what you personally think happened. You’re wrong. Aim dressing is not an auto aim system, and it never ever helps a killer get a hit.

But BHVR admitted aim dressing can steal hits, and I can personally confirm the short m1 attack bug absolutely can steal hits.

• Gandor
    Options

I don't play nurse that much these days and I don't record my games. But I will create a clip for you some time. It won't be soon, but I will add it here just to show you how deep your copium is

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Make sure to have a mouse and keyboard overlay on the recording, to prove you didn’t manually turn your camera!

• fulltonon
    edited May 2023
    Options

if you want something like that it doesn't even need to be a blink, just add a survivor who can down killers in two hit.

You are basically saying something like that, not sure if that's a good argument lul

There is no indication or official announcement about it, we still have countless perks that works funnily strong on nurse yet none has been nerfed.

• Gandor
    Options

Why? You will see me looking at one direction and not moving my mouse - hitting survivor literally with my back.