Am I just bad at Killer, or are Survivors too strong right now?

Orthane
Orthane Member Posts: 425

I either get completely stomped and barely have 2-3 hooks by the time they get 5 gens done, or I completely stomp them and they only finish 2. There is almost never an inbetween. Having an actual good game is super rare. I've had a few where I didn't have to tunnel and still got 2-3 kills and those feel good. But having to hard facecamp and/or Tunnel because I have 2 hooks and they're on last gen, and they spread them out so I can't 3 gen is so unfun. I hate tunneling but I HAVE to do it in most games or I won't even get 1 kill. Gens pop so extremely fast that every regression perk is completely unviable and useless. 125% of normal Regression whoopy doo that means it'll take survivors 22 seconds instead of 20 seconds to repair 1 whole minute of regression! The only useful one is Jolt, and that's just because on pretty much every M1 killer there's no better options.

Idk what it is about the games I've been having lately but it truly feels like tunneling is a requirement if I want to get even just 2 kills most of the time. With how fast gens fly by when 2 people have boxes, Prove Thyself, and maybe a few other tools for gen speed, and God forbid one of them has a BNP. Which means you are forced to take someone out of the game as quickly as possible or before you know it all gens will be done. And if you injured everyone too bad, because Adrenaline is picked by over 25% of all Survivors, and if that pops not only can you not catch them, but they've also healed instantly. Incredible.

I've started playing Survivor with a No Mither build and even when I'm basically exposed all the time I have so much more fun than as Killer. When I'm playing Killer it's a constant battle with frustration while I desperately try to get 1-2 kills and getting annoyed when 2 gens pop in a minute when I'm on first chase. But with Survivor, I can genuinely just have fun. Maybe I'm just bad at Killer, but playing Killer is just so demoralizing in so many games.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited May 2023

1 thing I know about playing as Killers:

Given equal skill, which side try harder win the match. Its simple to understand that you may beat so many equal skill teams, and even better skill one because you try far harder. Only MMR can humble you by matching you against teams that have skill far superior to you that even the hardest try, you dont have a chance to win.

My way to play is aim for 8 hooks before kill. Weaker teams would lose to me anyway. Until MMR put my at correct place, 8 hooks before kill still give me roughly 2-3 kills every match.

Know my place that I should not be at high MMR. And I have fun every match, unless its a toxic squads

" Should stop trying so hard for 4K every match so their mmr will go down and they'll face easier teams" would be more correct quote to killers.

If 39% escape rate is already try so hard, how low is the escape rate for survivors to consider they're not try hard?

Post edited by C3Tooth on
  • Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 480

Yeah survivors are too strong.

• buffcoyote
    buffcoyote Member Posts: 120

You literally just said why though. It is because of the declining player base numbers. The matchmaking system will just throw you in with whoever is queueing because it doesn't want you waiting forever for a match.

• Ebonbane2000
    Ebonbane2000 Member Posts: 160

The way I understood it is it's an average. So one survivor should be below ur rank another will be above ur rank and final two will be closer to your rank (or high and low again). But it should even out in a perfect world. Yes queue can make it toss that equation out of the windows, though.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2023

For me, I just kinda stopped having much fun against SWFs. Even games I get a 4k aren't that fun against SWF players. I don't want to stomp on a team but I want to have a game that feels fun and I just don't find that to be the case in SWF

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on
  • MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,426
    edited May 2023

Can't really answer the main question without knowing which killer you're playing.

If it's Nurse, Blight, Or Spirit then yeah you just need more practice.

For the rest of the cast it depends on:

A) do they have busted add-ons

B) are you running them every match

If either are untrue than your killers power level might be stopping you from being able to compete with good teams and/or how strong most of the maps are.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Although those nerfs do exist, killers have been neefed pretty heavily too (and will be soon getting more nerfs as well). I'm also not just including this last year since I've only come back in the last couple months

-nearly every gen regression perk nerfed (call of Brine, hex ruin, pop goes the Weasle, pain resonance, eruption to name a few)

-camping nerfed (more so soon)

-borrowed time base kit for survivors

There are obviously other big changes, but I think on the whole killers have gotten more heavy nerfs since entire methods of playing (Gen kicking, camping, etc) are getting done away with while survivors is mostly having single perks nerfed that don't prevent a method of playing being viable.

And to be clear, I'm not saying some of the changes shouldn't have happened but losing an entire method of playing is much more frustrating than a single perk getting kicked down.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

You don't need to camp and tunnel to win.

Camping for the kills is increasing your MMR giving (OP) harder matches.

If your playing like that you should get harder teams that are also playing to win. Why should you get weak teams to play against?

Again you don't need to camp and tunnel to get kills if you have to then you don't belong in that area of MMR.

• VdG232
    VdG232 Member Posts: 17

I have around 250h as killer. I assume with spirit I have my highest MMR, because here survivors I go against are really good and in worst cases I only get one or two hooks. Not a single mindgame works, they know how to run every tile and building, they seem always to know where I am, and so on. Of course it feels bad to lose that hard, but I'm fine with it, as they are clearly better.

What I don't get is when watching popular killer streamers, who are winning in more than 90 % of their matches, the survivors seem to be worse as the ones I'm facing. They get super easy hits and the survivors can't loop efficiently. Is it only because the streamers are that good and don't let the survivors shine? It just looks so flawless from my perspective.

• I_am_Negan

I see, another reason why I say kills/escapes should not be the answer to MMR all it does is increase their ego and make them think their good and better then you when their really not.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I prefer it that way. You play only for kill, matched against survivors play only for escape. Perfect pair.

MMR count on hook only make camping 2 hooks for 2 kills play against more newbie where they can 4 hooks 4 kills. And again, drop MMR. I dont like that I care for other side's fun, play for 8 hooks before kill and matched against Ayrun and other great streamers.

• I_am_Negan

To each their own

I play for hooks not kills try to make a fun match. I win some and I lose some but I play for the 12 hooks a game.

Really 11 hooks I leave the last one alive to tell the tale of the Spirit.

• I_am_Negan

I find it more rewarding when you do get the kill plus I like the challenge. I only let the last one go if it was a good team. Bad team I'll play around with them (practice) let them get some points, but I go for the 4K.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

If you only get 2-3 hooks you're probably just bad (no offense). Don't hate tunneling, use those 2-3 hooks on one person then with a 3v1 you got the game in the bag even with only 1 or no gens left. Some games ur gonna generally get stomped but it shouldn't happen every match. Just try every killer and make sure you have a full build on them. Add-ons help tremendously, but more so the add-ons that don't make you change your playstile but instead just help out bake kit

• mustdogen
    mustdogen Member Posts: 371

seems like you really don't get it.

"Improve yourself" including lot of things , it could be chasing skill, better mind reading, gaming sense etcetc.

If you try to win in the game, you will naturely.......at least for killer will naturely try to do their best at every part of it.

And strategy is one of them.

It could be 3 gens, hit and run,sluging , tunnel or even camping.

You couldn't just think nothing in game and wish that you somehow win the game, no you can't.....at least for killer.

You must have a plan and keep improve your plan with every game.

And right now, these plans leads killer to tunnel and camping because killer NEED to get that 25% debuff to survivor for remove 1 player ASAP.

And yes of couse ,your oppoent will be stronger and stronger just like you, nobody complain about it.

What people complain about is that in high......no even in normal level gameplay.

Survivors are so easier than killer.

people can constanly being down in 30 sec with every chase and still wining.

People are complain about the balance of the game, not their oppoent are too strong.

These is totally different.

Idealy people would want their oppoent become stronger and stronger ,so all of your hard work to improve yourself will have it's meaning.

But right now,most of the time when you lose as a killer, you asking yourself "Why am i losing? how could i get the wining next time?", you can't really find the answer,you feel like you already do what the best you can do,but the game just ....... not balance,which is the most depair moment at least for me,and that's why i am complaining.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,184

I came here, expecting "gid gud" and "lol. skill issues", but the very first comment is a measured response and solid answer. Awesome! Maybe there is hope for this community?

But you are right, I have said this for a very long time: every basekit waters the game down and allows everyone to pick the strongest options without having to "equip unfun perks", actually solidifying the meta. IMHO, if something in the game bothers you so much that you want the counter perk to be basekit, WHY wouldn't you not just equip that perk?

But instead of that we get endless crys and wailings from both sides, nerfes and basekits aplenty, and still most players get the nagging feeling that the game is at its lowest point since forever, even though mathematically it should be at its most balanced.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,549

It's MMR...

you get a win in one match then they put you into the next match to see if you actually can perform at the next level

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 717
    edited May 2023

You get that my first comment there was in response to someone saying the second comment except about killers right? Killers are constantly told “don’t camp and tunnel, stop trying so hard so your mmr will drop”

I don’t seriously believe the second comment, I was just being facetious. But that’s the exact sentiment being expressed towards killers over and over and over and it’s a little frustrating that the same never applies to survivors. It’s a double standard and it bums me out.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 422
    edited May 2023

It's kind of both. The game is still fairly killer sided, but that's only when both sides are good at the game. It's a lot easier to be a good survivor than a good killer, but once you actually become a good killer, you win at least 90% of your games. And no, it doesn't matter what killer you use.