Bhvr can balance all they like, the players are the problem.

Options

Title says it all really, players are by far the biggest problem. Given the basic mechanics of the game it's possible for both sides to abuse mechanics to make life miserable for the other. Killers can camp tunnel and 3 gen to force wins or use cheap perks like NOED for easy kills. Survs if they have a team of strong players can make life absolutely miserable for most killers.

And people perpetuate it. A killer gets a team of clicky, teabaggy sweats, gets a frustrating 0/1k game, takes it out on the next weakish surv team they come across, hits on hook, nods as they die, the survs then teabag in gate at the next time they manage to survive a game. And round and round. Idk what the purpose of this rant is but maybe next time you dominate a game as killer then let one surv go, or next time you see a killer off in exit gate, drop them a present instead of clicking and bagging.

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

Sadly the cycle will go on and on till the game drops dead. Though there are better players out there, so there's a sliver of hope yet.

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

100% agree. There is no end in sight though which is sad. Fortunately MHR has kept me entertained and busy and now my cheap ass finally bought Dead Island 2 so it's GG for now.

Side note: Can't believe NOED is still considered cheap. What does the perk need now a 30 second deletion timer? Good lord people.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,541
    Options

The only thing I think cheap about noed and I don't blame killers for this, but I played a game where I was camped on hook and the killer grabbed someone saving me off the hook. Then wapped the other dude with noed.

Something just didn't sit right with me when that happened. Again, not a killer issue but a game design issue. Maybe I have more of a problem with hook grabs. Not sure.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,384
    Options

Some of those are on BHVR. 3 gens, facecamping, etc. can and are being worked on and can be made less viable. I don't have a problem with NOED, but hypothetically I did the solution would be simple, remove NOED.

The teabagging and hitting on hook, yeah, it's a problem. I slightly disagree with the community in that I don't encounter it that much more compared to other games, but it is a community issue that would be really hard for BHVR to address.

The "sweatyness" is a game design choice on BHVR's part and not one that I think is good.

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

Yes I truly believe it's time to look into healthy grabs in general. Perhaps generator grabs should stay but healthy hook grabs is another help in the battle against camping.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Everyone goes through a toxic stage of dbd. I made this account in 2018 when I was going through that stage. Eventually you mature and it gets tiring to be toxic every match. Ive never sent hate messages but I have done in game toxic stuff, but like I said it's gets tiring and you grow out of it past a certain point of playing dbd

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,879
    Options

It's something that I've always believed too. An argument that goes against this is BHVR encourage this because of some of the mechanics which allow certain actions, but the reality is that the player has a choice and they decide to act like a prick. To say BHVR give the tools is a bit like saying: "Yeah, I was doing 50mph in a 30mph zone, but really the manufacturer ought not to have made a car I can do this in!". It's just avoiding responsibility.

What BHVR has not done is to take action quick enough. It looks like they'll be doing some of this now (hitting on hook to be punished by anti-camp). There are also some things they literally cannot do anything for, like teabagging at the exit gates. They could block crouching within the exit gates, but those player will just wait outside to do it. Make it punishable, then someone who does the "GG" quick crouch before leaving might get punished when they were just saying "Thank you". There's nothing that can be done about that other than players taking responsibility. Unfortunately, until the entitled dodo-wankers learn some empathy, this won't become solvable.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

But BHVRs are the one who made bubba, rancor, tombstone myers, all that toxic selfish perks, a perk that discourage people to go unhooker, all such.

BHVR even have a mechanics that encourage survivors to intentionally kill their teammates (which is hatch).

Honestly, even though players are the problem, ultimately BHVR is what made it.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

Both are the problem, not only players.

If the devs took away the possibility of genrushing from the survs and gave incentives to the killers not to tunnel (rewards in game, that is), without punishing the tunneling too much, you see how all the possibilities of being toxic and break the game decrease.

• buffcoyote
    buffcoyote Member Posts: 120
    Options

How do you take the possibility of gen-rushing away from Survivors? I am genuinely curious about this. I don't know if they even can without outright pulling Gens as a game mechanic out completely.

They've given killers incentives before. We seem to have this same conversation every thread. Incentives do not work if the player is toxic.

• KenwanObinobi
    KenwanObinobi Member Posts: 185
    edited May 2023
    Options

The problem is the core design of the game, it is broken and invite players to use cheap mechanics.

The hook system invites killers to camp and tunnel.

The gen speed and the lack of diversity in objective invites survivors to gen rush.

The fact that perks are usable by all killers/survivors invite players to abuse broken builds.

And the devs literally refuse to address those problems. So yes, the game will stay broken and will keep being in a terrible state.

• KenwanObinobi
    KenwanObinobi Member Posts: 185
    Options

Yup, BHVR are the one promoting toxic ways of playing the game.

They even promoted the Booba Face camp so...

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

Incentives don't work if they don't make sense and aren't useful incentives. How do you set up genrush? Simple, destroy pt, bnp and toolboxes, as they destroyed all slowdowns. Simple isn't it?

I would love to see the generators removed from the game, but completely reworking the game I don't know how convenient it would be. At this point it would be better to directly make a dbd 2

What incentives would they give? Come on let's hear, "Killers, we nerf you pop, eruption, pain resonance, thana, ruin, corrupt because we want to encourage you not to tunnel".

What the devs are doing is not incentivizing mixed hooks, it's trying to punish camping and tunneling. With free kicks you don't get anything, because people will keep doing it as long as it's the most convenient tactic, or if you punish them so much you get to a point where people just quit the game. Again, to fix tunneling you need to fix genrush first. You can't nerf and punish tunneling without blocking genrush, because survs rush their objective, so the killer has to be even faster at killing to counter the speed of the generators. I hope I explained myself.

dbd right now it's a race to see who rushes to their objective first.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Always check on your killers when a teammate is a little #########. Chances are it's not the first or last time that day someone is being a dick to them for no reason.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Ppl are usually the problem with most things.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

It's always nice to stand up for killer if a surv is being nasty. Killer can be a bit of a frustrating lonely roll

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

I just try to be the change I want to see in the game. Generally friendly to other players unless they are really toxic, and as killer I deliberately avoid 4ks most of the time because I know how frustrating they are when I play surv.

As for NOED... That's just a personal peeve. I'm not a fan of one hit down mechanics and I always see killers score free kills that they couldn't earn otherwise. I just wish survs got warned about it before someone goes down.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,234
    Options

The players wouldn't be as toxic if the game was balanced and would not create the toxic scenarios in the first place.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    edited May 2023
    Options

Except for the fact that if the game was balanced then one side couldn't just make the other miserable without them having any option to fight back.

I'm all for positivity and calling out toxic behavior, but lets not pretend that BHVR has done anything even remotely close to balancing their game.

• caramelpudding
    caramelpudding Member Posts: 118
    Options

I think the real problem is the definition of a win aka kills and escape, instead of the overall performance.

Of course, toxic people will always be toxic, No matter what, but imo many players would play more relaxed when they know that the full performance is important.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,005
    Options

Not really, a survivor can be hit on hook until death even without doing anything. A killer can still get BM (tbag, fast vault) even if play fair.

Its in the person who play the game decide to toxic or not.

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685
    Options

Yeah take away the ability to do gens ok fair. Maybe do the spare parts idea. Or have something where all the gens are blocked until the survivors find a glyph.

”let’s incentivize killers not to tunnel”. Nah sorry if your gonna remove something from the other side that makes games boring and fast then you remove the other. Killers tunnel because its easy so leaving it in when you remove the ability to do gens is just really unfair. Killers dont care about incentives lmao its all about the wins. Also when i say remove tunneling i didnt include the endgame

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 376
    Options

Sadly enough is, that humans remamber bad things more so I dont think this will do anything, if there are ao many players that do such things, also I dont thing its nessasary to drop your item for the killer for me it would be enough if survivors would just leave if they cant do anything usefull anymore. Also as killer if I tunnel I do not tunnel cause bad masures I just need to tunnel sometimes, if the survivors play a little bit better or bring brocken #########, but if I see I dominate a team I nearly always give hatch.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,620
    Options

Unfortunately this is how it’s always gonna be in DBD, can’t force players to play a certain way or be nice whatever. Just gotta play the game as best as you can.