We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

New Survivor Perk Idea.

MTA
MTA Member Posts: 27

Thought of a cool new perk Idea that can change up the gameplay a little bit and could be quite interesting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Perk: "Handyman":

You start the trial with 4 tokens.

You have the ability to repair any Pallet or Breakable Wall that has been destroyed by the Killer.

Once you or a teammate fully repairs any Pallet or Breakable Wall that was destroyed by the Killer with the use of "Handyman" or from a Toolbox, a token will be consumed.

Depending on how many tokens you have left in the trial determines on how long it takes you to Repair a Pallet or Breakable Wall:

4 Tokens: You Repair Pallets and Breakable Walls 75% Slower.

3 Tokens: You Repair Pallets and Breakable Walls 50% Slower.

2 Tokens: You Repair Pallets and Breakable Walls 25% Slower.

1 Token: You Repair Pallets and Breakable Walls at it's normal rate.

Once all Tokens have been consumed, you can no longer Repair any Pallets or Breakable Walls with "Handyman".

Base Time to Repair Pallets or Breakable Walls takes 30 Seconds.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also have an idea of implementing the effect of repairing pallets and breakable walls in toolboxes.

Sounds a bit busted a little bit, but it is quite time consuming, and using up all 4 tokens is about the time you could do a generator.

Idk, thought it was something interesting so thought I'd post it here lol.

Comments

• MiniPisa
    MiniPisa Member Posts: 31

I don't think it should be 4. That's way way too many. From 1 survivor alone that's enough to restore the best pallets on the map, and with 2 that's 8 pallets, 3 that's 12, 4 that's 16 - and with the spawn randomiser, that could potentially be the entirety of the pallets in that map, if not close.

If the killer's "counter" were to be leaving the pallet there unbroken, someone with AMN can come along and fix that.

It should only be 1 pallet imo, or..

Get rid of the pallet part altogether and make it the ability to repair breakable walls

• MTA
    MTA Member Posts: 27

The part you mentioned "and with 2 that's 8 pallets, 3 that's 12, 4 that's 16", you must had read past one part i said,

"Once you or a teammate fully repairs any Pallet or Breakable Wall that was destroyed by the Killer with the use of "Handyman" or from a Toolbox, a token will be consumed."

So if someone else repairs it but you don't, you would still lose a token, so the max regardless would be 4, but idk, i had only suggested 4 so each individual survivor could have a chance to use it, the time it takes to do it, idk, i just thought making it that long would be fine because it is quite time consuming, but just being able to repair it once along with other effects probably does sound a LOT better for sure.

Hopefully an idea like this bhvr can maybe consider bringing into the game without actually hurting the killer too much and without easily abusing it as well.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Okay, either my math is wrong or something, or it would take 120 seconds to repair a pallet/wall at 4 tokens.

So, skipping that part... I once was worried about a perk that could reset a pallet so you could use it again. However that fear turned out to be false, can well you could still kick god pallets anyways. This has no counterplay for really good pallets, except time (which at the moment would have to get reduced anyways to not be a meme perk lol).

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

I don't think survivors should be able to repair pallets and killer to destroy undropped pallets. It creates too many issues (and pallets are not created equal - so it would be nightmare to balance)

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,418

i do not see a problem with a perk like that for survivor if the perk is limited to 1 pallet per trial. at most 4 survivor can add 4 additional pallets even if the perk instantly re-build the pallet in like 5 seconds. I do think though that they might need to re-balance god-pallets though to not spend as much time breaking them as less safe pallets. Like should shack pallet and pallets like Badham's basement pallet really be 2.34 seconds? I don't think these pallet are equal to less safe pallets. ultra-safe pallets that completely block your way should be like half break time like 1.25 second to break. The perk re-build pallet is not main issue. it is the fact god pallets are not balanced for 95% of the killer cast.

The killer version of breaking pallet likely would not break pallets but instead block them for rest of trial. I suggested once upon time that Claustrophobia/Cruel limits blocks all pallets in addition to windows in 16 meter radius every time a generator is completed for the entire trial.

• Spectralfx
    Spectralfx Member Posts: 605

Yikes, reparing pallets?

Big yikes, there is like a million per maps already!