Rework Deja Vu

Options
SpiritsHusk
SpiritsHusk Member Posts: 169
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Perk is just downright weird, you practically have 6% boost on all gens across the map if you use it right, the perk should only highlight the closest 3 gens at spawn, you should not be able to complete a gen and get a boost on another one.

Comments

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,079
    Options

Remove the 3 gen killers and then i would agree.

Until then, this perk is a god send against 3 gen SM players.

Wouldn't be able to complete a game against that SM today if it wasn't for this perk.

Also, the 3 gen that she created wasn't part of first 3 gens that the perk showed.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,747
    Options

it is good gen-jockey perk. I think there are survivor player that always wanted to run gen progression flat % bonus perks but there was never any good ones to really use until now. Deja vu fits that niche now.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yes, there are many players of X side that want to complete their sole objective as quickly as possible. Should those people be catered to and given powerful tools to do so?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,053
    Options

Preventing a 3-gen from forming is a game-long endeavour, not just a thing to consider at spawn. I could see this perk being changed after the 3-gen problem (IE, killers being able to drag games out for 40 minutes by refusing to take chase and get downs) is addressed, but even once it is, unless 3-gens become completely impossible in general it's meant to show you where those three are throughout the match.

The highlighting isn't a problem, at all. I personally don't think the speed percentage is either, it's a literal 1% boost from a number that was in the game for a year without being problematic or even all that useful, but it's also the part that could be changed once the wider problem is addressed.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 204
    Options

It’s the top perk in the game I think, free generator information and speed increase on the most valuable generators which also works with Prove Thyself to make generators pop in no time.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,747
    Options

i cannot answer that properly. it is a player fantasy combine with a preferred play-style. it is like asking why certain survivor run second chance perks vs running information perks like Window of opportunity.

• SpiritsHusk
    SpiritsHusk Member Posts: 169
    Options

It's amazing against 3 gen killers but considering how few of them there are and how it also affects killers just playing normally is a bit annoying

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,487
    Options

My issue with it is that it doesn’t only help against 3 gen killers. It helps no matter how far apart the gens are and once there’s 1 gen left, it is guaranteed to be on whatever gen you’re on all the time. I get wanting to have something to help against 3 genning until they implement a more permanent solution, but this was not the correct way to do it.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 143
    Options

I'm not a huge fan of the new Deja Vu and I actually used the old quite often.

It's once again a solution that has only limited viability against the most egregious instances of the problem but at the same time provides some value even if the problem doesn't even arise in a particular match.

I'd also imagine that it rises the skill floor in low MMR considerably.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I think they should've made it basekit rather than buffing it for a marginal value?

Like 3 gen is a problem but... do people really use it just for permanent 6% boost?