If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Rework Deja Vu

Options
SpiritsHusk
SpiritsHusk Member Posts: 169
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Perk is just downright weird, you practically have 6% boost on all gens across the map if you use it right, the perk should only highlight the closest 3 gens at spawn, you should not be able to complete a gen and get a boost on another one.

Comments

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,079
    Options

Remove the 3 gen killers and then i would agree.

Until then, this perk is a god send against 3 gen SM players.

Wouldn't be able to complete a game against that SM today if it wasn't for this perk.

Also, the 3 gen that she created wasn't part of first 3 gens that the perk showed.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

it is good gen-jockey perk. I think there are survivor player that always wanted to run gen progression flat % bonus perks but there was never any good ones to really use until now. Deja vu fits that niche now.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yes, there are many players of X side that want to complete their sole objective as quickly as possible. Should those people be catered to and given powerful tools to do so?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

Preventing a 3-gen from forming is a game-long endeavour, not just a thing to consider at spawn. I could see this perk being changed after the 3-gen problem (IE, killers being able to drag games out for 40 minutes by refusing to take chase and get downs) is addressed, but even once it is, unless 3-gens become completely impossible in general it's meant to show you where those three are throughout the match.

The highlighting isn't a problem, at all. I personally don't think the speed percentage is either, it's a literal 1% boost from a number that was in the game for a year without being problematic or even all that useful, but it's also the part that could be changed once the wider problem is addressed.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 204
    Options

It’s the top perk in the game I think, free generator information and speed increase on the most valuable generators which also works with Prove Thyself to make generators pop in no time.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

i cannot answer that properly. it is a player fantasy combine with a preferred play-style. it is like asking why certain survivor run second chance perks vs running information perks like Window of opportunity.

• SpiritsHusk
    SpiritsHusk Member Posts: 169
    Options

It's amazing against 3 gen killers but considering how few of them there are and how it also affects killers just playing normally is a bit annoying

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,414
    Options

My issue with it is that it doesn’t only help against 3 gen killers. It helps no matter how far apart the gens are and once there’s 1 gen left, it is guaranteed to be on whatever gen you’re on all the time. I get wanting to have something to help against 3 genning until they implement a more permanent solution, but this was not the correct way to do it.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 143
    Options

I'm not a huge fan of the new Deja Vu and I actually used the old quite often.

It's once again a solution that has only limited viability against the most egregious instances of the problem but at the same time provides some value even if the problem doesn't even arise in a particular match.

I'd also imagine that it rises the skill floor in low MMR considerably.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I think they should've made it basekit rather than buffing it for a marginal value?

Like 3 gen is a problem but... do people really use it just for permanent 6% boost?