How did EMPs go basically unchanged?

Lochnload_exe
Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

It is crazy that EMPs shipped with the smallest nerf and not even a huge one. It doesn't even take a coordinated team to turn the new killer into a M1 killer and it is embarrassing. Ironically the most efficient way I've found to play him is, you guessed it, 3 gens. Since you are always near your cams and can just destroy and replace if they are EMP'd.

The EMPs basically do 3 things that separate them from the other item-based passive slowdown. 1) Open passively

2) Can be used in chase while running with no slowdown nor interruption

3) apply to teammates.

One of these three just have to go to make the EMPs fair. Personally, I hope they take away the option for them to be used in chase while running. This will mean they will only be used for taking out sacs watching over gens but it won't really work midchase. His power already has plenty of counterplay mid chase, no reason survivors should also get a button that just removes the power all together.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,191

I think my main issue with EMPs is that they work for others. When playing in SWFs, it felt way too easy to just remove all progress Hux made in chase since we could always have someone on standby with an EMP.

They would always just waste their time setting up infection, only to have it all removed, and effectively have a complete restart to a chase with no consequence. You could argue "but only 2 people are doing Generators" but it's not that hard to bring a Commodious Toolbox anyways.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

That is my mindset as well, it's really just those three aspects together that are problematic, but remove even one of them, any of them, and it is instantly way more fair.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,263

That's the thing though. He's fairly efficient at 3 gen'ing now with EMPs the way they are. Think of how horrendous this killer would be to play against with nerfed EMPs.

EMPs are way, way, way too strong at the moment, but dialing them back turns this killer into another Skull Merchant.

The base concept is good, he just needs more time to iterate. They'll need to figure out how to keep EMPs as a viable and consistent counter to a stalling playstyle but also eliminate their ability to lock the killer out of his power for large stretches of the match.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,405
    edited June 2023

you need to use it with deadlock and tinkerer. you need deadlock because if you want to use this perk 5 times per match. you need make sure that you do not get multiple gens to pop at same time and you need tinkerer to get information for what gens are about to be done. It is still pretty bad perk but I got the perk to be useful on Infinity evil within 3 Myer's where he walk around undetectable and have 10% haste with instant downs. I do agree it is very bad perk though.

I said this was a problem in PTB where SWF could delete his power. they did try to reduce availability of the EMP's but unfortunately you can still spam them.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233
    edited June 2023

The fact that you can be doing a gen right under a camera, get slimed, and then fire off your EMP to get un-slimed AND disable the camera before the killer can TP to you, and then immediately resume the gen, is so bonkers. Someone mentioned this strategy during PTB, and it still works just fine in live. Even worse if there are 2 people doing the gen, because one of them can still be using a toolbox while the other has an EMP.

It's so bizarre that all of the other "something on you" killer powers are way easier to apply, way harder to get rid of, and way more useful.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,636

We're working on addressing feedback surrounding EMPs; we do have a planned fix upcoming including reduced EMP crates, longer generation time for EMPs, a survivor slowdown while using it, the time to charge increased, and reduced the pod disablity period from an EMP.

• SirJustSir
    SirJustSir Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2023

Hello Jocelyn,

I was wondering, are BHVR also checking the Singularity’s controller sensitivity for console players? I play Singularity on PS5 and controlling the biopods to get survivors slipstreamed and trying to teleport during a chase feels clunky and does cause chases to go much longer. I feel it’s a problem.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,636

I do not have any further information regarding that! If there's not a feedback thread for that yet, please feel free to create one!