Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Will you get rid of the ban timer yet?!

PC-Steam- I just waited 24 hours for a time ban that wasn't my fault to be over and now my game closed itself mid match causing me to have to wait 48 hours to play again. I'm over this crap. Why hasn't my timer reset?! Get rid of the time ban or I'm done with this game. There's too many connection issues to have a "DC penalty" right now. It's not just me experiencing this either so we need something done about this ASAP!

Answers

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,995

The Disconnect penalty decays over time, we do not state how long that time takes - it is for sure a lot longer than the actual penalty to discourage players from disconnecting and giving time for players to sort out their game / internet issues.

• Nonyabizness
    Nonyabizness Member Posts: 8

It's not my connection that has issues, It's the server. I keep being disconnected from host randomly and that's causing my penalty time to stack and it happens almost daily now when it never did before which is not giving the timer the chance to reset. What's going to be done about this?!

• Nonyabizness

Again, It's not me DCing by my own free will. It's the game losing connection to the host or crashing.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,995

We are unable to provide technical support on the forum which is what you seem to require, we do not have the resources to do so here, neither are we tech support agents. There are articles for technical support on our support site which you might find helpful.

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/

• Nonyabizness

It's not me who needs the technical support, but thanks anyway.

• Atheraine
    Atheraine Member Posts: 1

I've been having the same issue. All was good until the 7.0.0 update. Now I can't even make it through a single match without disconnecting.