Singularity guide?

I got a total of like 5000 hours but stopped playing until now back when they changed the Prestige System because i felt scammed since i had everyone on Lv50 with all Perks and my Mains on P3 Lv with all perks and it didnt got compensated the right way imo.

However, with the release of the Singularity i started playing more again now but for some reason i cant really get the hang on that killer, even tho i am really enjoying him.

It just feels like i never really have any power since there are so many EMPs.

Maybe my placement is bad.

Anyone got a good guide and maybe some good builds for him?

Comments

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

"It just feels like I never really have any power since there are so many EMPs."

Yeah that's how most people feel playing him right now. It might not be you, the EMPs make this killer garbo as they are now.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

I’ll set up a few of his bio things, but I’ve found that they are better when used while chasing. Fire one off ahead of the survivor, take half a second to hit them with the slipstream. If they emp then, you just use another. Then the next half a second that you use will teleport to them, or just firing at them at that point also teleports you to them.

I think most people are using them primarily as gen defense, so survivors will emp the hell out of them.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

The problem with doing it midchase is that it either goes to the wrong bio somtimes or it just looks in such a weird direction that i completly get disorientated.

its kinda stupid how you can remove the bio from your body AND all the close biopods around.

imo it should be body bio or the ones around.

That would give it a bit more risk and would stop the hoarding of the EMPs because alot of times when i shoot someone through my pods, they just instantly destroy everything and undo all my work.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 422

What was the point of the first paragraph?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

Its power lies in changing the battlefield. Some play it to keep pods in static placement, but for me it feels better to be shifting where the pods are constantly. When in a chase, shoot ahead of the survivor and trying to set cameras to constinuously track them. Use them or the mounted gun to slipstream and basically be unpredictable.

Be creative; even create a "killzone" of cameras along a path where survivors will have minimum cover. Just do not use it as a 3-gen or keep cameras in the same place. That's not the best way to work it.

• SleepyLunatic

I think that was my biggest problem so far, i kept the pods too close to gens and would keep checking them sometimes to see if someone is there, wasting alot of time.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 635

He is purely for chase and good for slugging.

Try to emphasize your play around these traits.

Apparently trying to control gens with his pods is not the best idea as those pods will very likely get disabled asap. Putting them into wide areas can work but currently his lock-on is not reliable enough so it's 50 - 50 thing.

• Marc_go_solo

Yeah, that's where things go wrong. An EMP attack there and those pods are gonna be useless until you trek all over there.

I believe quite a lot of people are using it wrongly. The Singularity is a tough killer to learn and shall take some time to master (which is why I do not subscribe to any of the crap mentioning that he's a C or D tier killer). In chase it's a powerful foe that works best with overwhelming the survivor. Ironically, the advert for this chapter subtly shows how best to use it.

• SleepyLunatic
  • Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

Lethal is my favorite perk on him. That and bbq. Always knowing where survivors are,, are the best perks I’ve played on him so far

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

Besides everything that has been mentioned, I want to be able to switch to the next placed biopod with tap. This would be beyond awesome. Just quickly tap through all your little podlings until you find an interesting one.

• Marc_go_solo

I only ever play with randomly-selected perks, I'm affraid. There are some theoretical ones I've seen which are pretty good though:

1. Starstruck, Agitation, Hex: Devour Hope, Hex: NOED

2. Knockout, Infectious Fright, Forced Hesitation, Jolt

3. Starstruck, Mad Grit, Agitation, Iron Grasp

The Singularity is all about being fast and overwhelming. Therefore, go all out on insta-downs. That's the best way. The first option I think is, by far, the best.