New DS: I like it but...

Superpablog
Superpablog Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 66

The new DS is a perfect "tunneling counter". But i would do that the perk don't waste after use (because is only activated during 40/50/60 seconds), and a way to counter this perk as killer is chasing the rescuer (Or wait 60 seconds before hook again the same survivor)

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Am I understand correctly that you want to use DS multiple times?

• Superpablog

@Master said:
    Am I understand correctly that you want to use DS multiple times?

I only can use it if the killer is tunneler, anyway 2 times is the max amount of times XD
    (Know that DS is not on my set of perks)

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

If DS were a multiple-use perk, the killer would know that as well.

So, after you used the first DS, what would the killer do? Let you get unhooked so that you can use DS a 2nd time? No, the killer would just camp you to death so that they don't have to deal with another DS.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

If DS were a multiple-use perk, the killer would know that as well.

So, after you used the first DS, what would the killer do? Let you get unhooked so that you can use DS a 2nd time? No, the killer would just camp you to death so that they don't have to deal with another DS.

I would be guilty of that. I don’t wanna deal with that idea of multiuse. I’ve seen people use a one use DS well...oooor horribly.
  • Superpablog

If a partner farm me, i can use it again; if killer don't tunnel, i won't use it neither once

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

How bout we see how it works in the ptb first??.... hhmmmmmm!?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

But that was the problem with it before, that it could be activated at anytime and was thus too powerful and too unfair on the other side.

The aim of the rework is to change that.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

So you want it to be stronger then before ?

You probably don't understand that devs intend to nerf it and not buff it more. This new change is as close to perfect as Behaviour can ever get.

• kaister901
    kaister901 Member Posts: 64

If a team mate farms you?

So the killer has to the pay the price for a dumb team mate? That makes sense....

If you want a multiple DS use....then gens need to take significantly longer. 3 minutes per gen at least, if not more.

A 4 man team with multiple DS use...is just back to sqaure one....

DS and NOED aren't meant to be perks that help new players. Making them too strong would mean disastrous at higher ranks for killer or survivor.

• Marvett
    Marvett Member Posts: 159
    edited March 2019

It's too early to propose changes to the new DS considering that it isn't live yet.

• Superpablog
    edited March 2019

"So the killer has to the pay the price for a dumb team mate? That makes sense...."

Yes (Chase the farmer, and don't tunnel)

And what i propose is still a nerf, because you have not a 100% garantee that the perk is going to be activated during the trial, is just a counter to tunneling, instead of being a extra life in the hook: IF KILLER DON'T TUNNEL, THERE ARE NO PERK ACTIVATION!!!

I think this info is needed: I don't use DS because fail the skill check means lose a perk, and i'm not survivor main (neither killer main), i like this change because i can get my barbacue token without trouble, and i chase the rescuer, not the rescued, so the timer will run up and my survivors will never use the perk.

In conclusion: If the killer don't tunnel, timer will run out (Because the perk have now a timer, i don't know if you noticed that), and if the killer tunnel, deserves more than 2 DS... for tunneler

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

It's probably going to be quite a strong perk. You won't waste it if the killer decides to leave you on the ground for 60 seconds. The perk is only used it you attempt to pass the skill check during pickup. If you don't hit space during the skill check, it won't be used either.