Please add instant suicide option

Options

Since nurse, blight etc won't ever be balanced to be playable against in soloq etc, can we please have an option for our character to instant kill themselves on hook or whatever and save some time? thanks.

Bonus points for a suicide hotkey so we don't have to be hooked to save from bleed out trolls. have a nice day ;)

Comments

• uganda_calm
    uganda_calm Member Posts: 125
    Options

what you suggest is just to get rid of the time-outs when disconnecting.

But i am highly interested, how exactly is nurse and blight less balanced for soloq and how would you balance them?

• jeffkillsyou96
    jeffkillsyou96 Member Posts: 249
    Options

Learn to counter killers granted some are stronger than others but guess what I still managed and was able to loop this killers you claim are uncounterable it’s a difference of skill

• sickdeathfiend
    sickdeathfiend Member Posts: 130
    Options

Hell yeah, brother. I think it's more unhealthy for the game if most players have to suffer, will turn more players away. It's like the face camping/ tunnel abuse that just makes the game miserable to play. At least they are addressing that issue which is nice!

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Fun fact: the more people will suffer from a person disconnecting, a player disconnecting makes four players miserable.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,343
    Options

Did Pyramid daily. Don´t play him much.

One player disconnected on first hit.

To me this is just embarassing.

There are some killers i hate... but i never dc. Had a Starstruck Midwich Nurse lately. Bad game.

But at least try. Maybe i only get one or two good jukes against her but maybe someday i get some more.

You will never improve in anything if you just quit trying.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 722
    Options

Exactly; DC ruins my BP Farming for hooks, it Ruins my adept Achievement for any Killer's, it ruins certainly perk builds regarding obsession based perks like Save the Best for Last or Rancor. It simply not also fair for the others to have a fair match; just because some nay sayer cannot stand being outplay and want to give up and quit because of it.

Everyone playing Dead By Daylight, needs to understand that they are playing a online game and that; one doesn't simply quit like they can in a single player game anytime; as it ruins the match for everyone. Especially how linear it is with 1v4, instead of typical battle royal games with 100 players and one player quiting doesn't make a difference.

That, and survivors given up after being down for the first time; they are cringe and sour losers in my opinion. They didn't even bother thinking for a minutes and Realized what mistakes they made that led to their down and opt to hit the DC, as to not give the killer the satisfaction of a hook or kill. Just accept the DC penalties and be a better player next time, next match; or.... just quit playing and go play something else fun.

I am just hoping for the day bots do come into DC players place, as I am sure that will teach DC players a lesson about Giving up so quickly.

• DoctorBoufous
    DoctorBoufous Member Posts: 4
    Options

The only time I really get this sentiment is when I'm going up against Bubba. (WAILING CHAINSAW MOVE IS DUMB.) But the reality is, there are going to be rounds that feel unfair or one-sided for whatever reason; any game that didn't have those moments would be boring as hell. I take the attitude of making the game as unbearable as I possibly can for the killer until that second hook times out. I may be going down, but I'm gonna go down fighting.

• sickdeathfiend
    Options

More fun fact, everyone can move on quickly to the next game without a terrible OP killer to bang your head against! So actually less people suffer. Either balance the game better, improve soloq or add the suicide option, something's gotta give.

• uganda_calm
    Options

balance the game better

its hard to balance a game when there are people like you who complain about everything they loose against and automatically think its op or unfair. Just because you cant play against certain killers does not mean they need a nerf or a rework, it means you need to get better. And self-awareness and self-improving are good things.

improve soloq 

thats literally impossible, 4 players talking to each other will be stronger than 4 solo players. There is no way to balance this. Either the game is easier for groups or easier for soloq, there is no way around 4 comps being better.

add the suicide option

No. Thats the most terrible idea ever. There is no serious pvp game that has no penalty for just leaving a match and theres a reason for this. When 1 person leaves the match right at the start, just because they dont like the killer, the other 3 survivors have little to no chance to win. This means they are all gonna leave too, because why even bother playing 1v3. All of them wasted there addons, killers AND survivors. And wasted there time in macht-search and loading screen, for nothing. Its also bad for the killer, if a person just leaves they loose point in chase and get no points for hooking.

everyone can move on quickly to the next game without a terrible OP killer to bang your head against!

So you want to lock killers just because you cant play the game? Sounds like a you problem, not a game problem. If i like to play a killer, i want to play him and not just have all 4 survivors disconnect at the start just because the killer i play is strong.

To me, all of this sound like a guy who got his ass beat by mediocre nurse and blight killers and now puts the blame on the devs and the game they made. And thats not enough, you even want to punish people for playing strong killers. Did you ever play any other game? Do you whine about everything strong in every game like this? Just being bad is no reason the change up the game.

But i am highly interested, how exactly is nurse and blight less balanced for soloq and how would you balance them?

And you also not answered my question here, sooo...

Either you have no idea why and how things are unbalanced or you are just butthurt because you loose a lot.

• Nikkiiii
    Nikkiiii Member Posts: 2
    Options

This is a terrible idea. DCs are already at an all time high because teammates don’t do anything as is so people get unhappy and quit. Leaving the match when the game is designed for 4 players and not 3 ruins the experience for everyone.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,424
    Options

Can killers also get a portal to walk through to exit the trial if survivors brought a map offering?

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options
    • Cant counter nurse and blight
    • wants to dc but doesnt want penalty
    • "pls add dc without penalty"
  • Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 98
    Options

It reminds of a player I met in-game with the name SM or Knight = DC. That same match we got a Knight and they DC as soon as they saw the killer, ruined it for the rest of the survivors. It's still a team based game, it don't matter who the killer is, everyone else is making an effort, you should too.

• sickdeathfiend
    Options

"noooo nurse and blight are fiiiine just get gud! Balancing is too hard!" says the blight/nurse main. Very funny reply though, props!

• sickdeathfiend
    Options

It's better than what is being done now, which is nothing. I know some people get a nice dopamine hit essentially playing on recruit mode but its ultimately bad for the game as a whole and we all know it. It would be a simple and easy thing to add, BHVR can even reuse the pig's headtrap animation when you click the suicide button, Ez GG.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

It's objectively worse than nothing, you are trying to actively hurt the game.

• Rise432
    Rise432 Member Posts: 162
    Options

u are just asking for a way around the DC penalty. Blight and Nurse are fine and playable to deal with, I promise u, those "god" nurse and blight players people keep talking about only make up a 0.1% of their playerbase. harsh truth is most of them are very generic and play them in a very basic way that is not super difficult to counter

• sickdeathfiend
    Options

"I main nurse and or blight, please don't balance the game or add a way to dodge this unfair unfun matches, please just ignore the problems, I love easy 4ks that take no effort, gg no re kthx" nice.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

While there should be a bleedout suicide option when 95'd on recovery, this would be more accurately dealt with by implementing Killer bans. A variety ban for whatever the last Killer you went against, and selected bans. A decent rate would be 1 per 5 killers released, and would allow people to play the game by such personal filters such as 'no ranged' (Huntress Slinger etc.), 'no stealth' (Ghosty Pig etc), or 'no sweat' (Blight Nurse Spirit).

• uganda_calm
    Options

i think thats just how the game is and also how it is supposed to be, you have no control over, what killer is played and thats good.

If all players just would dodge/ban the best killers every round you could just take killer after killer out of the game. Even if they get balanced there will always be a killer that is just better than the other ones, its not possible to balance all killers equal to each other because they are just not the same.

I am a killer main and i also dont want to play against toolbox survivors in every game but it is the best survivors can do right now, so i cant blame them for it. And if the devs just take everything out of the game that is strong or hard to play against, the game will end up boring, blank and just not divers enough to be fun. Every round would just be the same.

And i personalty dont want that.

• uganda_calm
    Options

I hate to play both and only play them when i get a daily for them.

But as i said

i am just interested, i dont play them and i also dont play survivor, so i have really no idea why they are more unbalanced for soloq, i just know they are very strong if played right.

This question was not rhetorical and not an insult, its just a question i want to hear the answer to.

And 90% of my points still apply btw.