The One who needs a Nerf is Hillbilly.

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Of course not. The other killers are under powered and need buffs

• Gem
    Gem Member Posts: 37

I always have a smile on my face when I see a Billy as a survivor main. I love playing against him and his mobility is fine too me. I've played against him for 3 years now and he's still my favorite to go into a match against. After they got rid of the flick bad in the day I don't see a need to nerf personally. I don't know your backstory on how long you've played, but it just takes practice! :)

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Hag, Wraith and Spirit are also amazing on console red ranks.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Billy is mostly where the other killers should be at. Theres even room for improvement for his ability lol.

I hate it that after the spirit ptb every. Some survivors demand killers to have those obstrusive weaknesses , long cooldowns, limited uses, restrictions to the basic tracking tools, deep wounds tacked to everything, basic movement reduced.

Imagine if we didnt have nurse until now and they would release her in her current state. The backlash would be reviewbombtastic.

I sincerely hope the next killer shits on survivor entertainment and "fun" . but provably it will be another haunted houses attraction for survivors, totes spoopy but perfectly harmless to be around (, like a jawbreaker contraption on your head.)

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Other killers simply will not have a power that grants them that amount of map pressure or mobility. Unless you wanna see Clown and Leatherface zip zapping and mighty morphing across the map, they’ll never be at the same level as Nurse and Billy. Putting people into dreamworld can only go so far as a power.

You cannot give general killer buffs to help weaker killers without making the stronger killers EVEN stronger. Nurse and Billy need NO buffs and NO nerfs. Weaker killers need buffs specifically for them but just like I said, some killers powers will only take them so far. There is much you can do to make Freddy and Leatherface that great and they will mever be considered on Nurse and Billy level, ever.

The only “buff” I’d give Nurse is making fatigue considerably shorter since just like you, I hate admiring floor graphics for 70% of the round.

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314

Please close rhis salty thread

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Billy is the killer that most other killers should be balanced to become. He's a solid killer that's overall balanced in the Dead by Daylight.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Neo is the Hillbilly confirmed?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Mushwin if you’re being snipe sawed then you need to get better against billy.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

@TreemanXD sorry but "git good" wont work to this one down killer, who ends up slugging everyone, i tried a lot so...no

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Maybe billy weapon can be jukeable if he weapon dont be more "larger than my life would be." End My Misery.

Btw the only problem I see with billy, he dont gets any punishment for fail he's weapon than just a simply stun? and he has addons for REDUCE THE STUN... Same with nurse, if they fail using their power they should get a cooldown of X seconds..

• Raptorrotas

"Just a stun" , get a load of this. He has a cooldown, it even disables his normal attack.

Hes fine. Not billy's fault the devs designed those after doctor to be weak by design.

• MegMain98

After Doctor? Huntress, Spirit, and even Clown are WAY better than Doctor. Doctor is honestly weak af

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Most balanced killer, can be extremely tough but beatable when you pickup on the the player's style.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Most balanced killer. 80% of the killer roster is just straight up worse than him in every aspect LUL

• Arroz

3 seconds stun... he can use it again that's why i complain, he should get a punishment for fail he's chainsaw or nurse blink, like he can't use it in X seconds..

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Mushwin Hillbilly has several counters to his terrifying saw power. The largest counter however, is looping. Sure he can run across the map is certain areas, but 9/10 times once he arrives he can't do jack diddly to actually catch survivors without wasting time at loops while the engineers now on the other side of the map get down to business.

• MhhBurgers

What a great counter, let's ignore the fact that the only one not affected by looping is the nurse

• Raptorrotas

Yes, he cant do it for X = 3 seconds, and nothing else at all. Thats a cooldown and a disable at the same time. Isnt that what survivors want killers ideally to have? A period of time in which theyre incapable of doing anything at all?

Spirit and legion can still attack and move normally during their cooldowns, hillbilly is basically stunned similiar to nurse whether he hits, misses or stuns himself on a wall...

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

His movement speed is fine. It doesn't make any sense for him to be slower.

All they need is a few tweaks to his current power. Right now he can take instasaw add ons and just swing, swing, swing, swing, swing that chainsaw with little downside. Most people agree rhe instasaw needs to goz on top of that I think the charge speed should slow him down more like Leatherface. Right now it's easier to get hits with hillbillys chainsaw than leatherface's which makes no sense.

Perhapd a cooldown to his sprint too so he cant hook a survior, run away, then instantly sprint back for the tunnel.

In this way he could still be strong with the instadown and travel speed but he just wouldn't feel as cheap as he does now.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Spirit can't make it as far as Billy, nor does she travel as fast. On top of that once she uses the power to move across the map she then has to wait 15 seconds for the power to recharge.

Take Azarov's resting place for example. Billy can make it from one end to the other very quickly. Spirit by default can't make it that far. You could take the mother-daughter ring for speed and an add-on for duration but then she has a long recharge time - on top of this she can't see survivors so she cant stop if she sees one mid way like Billy can. You could take a recharge add-on instead but then she had to sacrifice either the speed or the duration. Spirit is far more balanced.

Hag can't travel map wide either with most of her add-ons. Most importantly she needs to wait for a survivor to land on a trap. If a survivor doesn't do this then she can't teleport across the map at all. There is mint rag but that's an ultra rare add-on and like spirit it comes with a 15 second cooldown after use.

Legion - lol

Nurse - Omegablink Nurse yes but nobody ever said the Nurse didn't have balance issues.

Billy can travel across the map whenever he wants, as many times as he wants, and his power is immediately available again after using it for crossing the map.

• MhhBurgers

How the heck would you buff the other killers. Where would you implement giving freddy an insta-down and where would the other killer's map presence come from. You simply cannot buff them to this extent and it would be WAY more work than just bringing the 2 broken killers down.

• PwnyFish
    PwnyFish Member Posts: 70

Billy and the Spirit are in my opinion the balance bar where all other killers should be. Nurse should be nerfed a little bit, so she isnt that dominant on higher skill levels.

Nerfed in the sense something like, instead of having a bit worse vision during the fatique, take away all her vision during the fatique time. That would punish her harder for bad blinks.

• Arroz

Nurse can too in the stun effect..

I mean, they can still attack like a normal killer but they can use their chainsaw or weapon for X seconds.. they should get a punishment, not a trash 3 seconds punishment

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Billy needs a nerf. Not a great one, but its mobility should be a bit more limited. Same goes for nurse. Their mobility is just too OP atm.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

If Billy was released today he would be a 110% speed killer.

• MhhBurgers

And he'd not see scratchmarks and not be able to spam his chainsaw lol

• MegMain98

It wouldn’t punish just bad blinks. It would punish blinks in general. Having no vision during fatigue means that you have no way of tracking a survivors movement during fatigue. Even if you get a successful hit and go into fatigue, you’d have no vision. It just wouldn’t work. Nurse already has pretty poor tracking. You’re just nerfing something that’s already the worst part of the killer.

Nurse doesn’t need five blinks. Make the third blink an ultra rare offering with a considerably larger blink distance than it is now.

I have no problems with Nurse being as powerful as she is. Although my opinion may be skewed because I play on console, but I’ve run into some REALLY good Nurse players.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Saint_Ukraine And Lery's

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited March 2019

The Hillbilly doesn't need to be nerfed. Case closed.

• Raptorrotas
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Balanced doesn't mean resting between the whole roster, which several are low end for the purpose of fun design not competitive viability. When he is played well, survivors can feel the pressure but he is still bound by traditional chase weaknesses.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

the real counter to him is

-git gud

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Billy is one of the few killer that can deal with large maps demanding he get nerfed because hes able to pressure survivours is not acceptable. Billy competes well with swf and is meant to allow killer players an answer to swf without resorting to nurse who has mechanics that are not for everyone.

Until a solution is found for reducing swf power across the board and large maps can allow some form of fast movement or transport for all killers who struggle on large maps. Billy and nurse will remain as are. The nerf of nurse and billy is necessary for solo however as swf remains as is he along with nurse must exist.

Despite this killers power you as a survivour have the tools to succed and drag him on long chases. But if your team wastes pallets or loop poorly you will lose. The survivour is 4 v 1 everyone has to do well and your weakest player will lose you the game if this annoys you your playing the wrong role.

• Eesane
    Eesane Member Posts: 27

I'm not reading all the pages.

But have you tried playing billy on console? I haven't, so I can't say how easy it is. What I can say it's easy to miss chainsaws on PC. I'm assuming you're playing claudette and hide in a corner then get body blocked and chainsawed. That's dumb, don't do that against any killer that can one shot you. I have no real sympathy for people that play claudette, you're playing the stealthiest character in the game.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

Honestly, Billy is the most fine tuned killer. Every other single killer needs to be buffed and nerfed to his level. That's how the game should be. In fear of the killer and needing to either watch around you while on the gen or get the ######### off it quickly.

• Mushwin

@Eesane i am on console but you are assuming way too much, though i prestige 3 on Claudette i am currently playing as Ming and Nea..i don't hide, or get body blocked to be chainsawed.....again he is the one who slugs and has an instant down with no counter, pallets DON'T count....all killers have pallets used on them, least Bubba who has a chainsaw one hit down does have a counter.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

For the umpteenth time, git gud. You're the problem, not the Hillbilly. Oh, and Leatherface isn't balanced at all. He's terrible. His chainsaw is just a glorified pallet breaker. So I wouldn't use him as a good example of "killer that has a counter".

• Mushwin

How can i "git good" when he tunnels, slugs and one hit down, sorry but i have and was at rank 1 for weeks, i am in the red ranks currently, and billy doesn't break pallets either with HIS chainsaw? okay

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Yes I'd certainly be happy with buffing the others to match. Followed by a buff to solos or nerf to SWFs to compensate.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

The Hillbilly and the Nurse are fine where they are, it's the other killers that are underpowered and need to be buffed to their level. No compensation required for survivors, who, if they are good, can still beat those two killers.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

HillBilly is stronger than Nurse actually the only exceptions are some maps where HillBilly doesnt have insane map pressure

• MhhBurgers

Thing is you cannot buff the others to his power Level. What would you do to for example clown? He will never have Billys pressure

• MegMain98
    edited March 2019

You can’t buff Trapper, Wraith, Doc, Pig, Leatherface, Freddy, and Legion to Nurse and Billy level. Their power simply isn’t good enough. Not EVERY killer will be on their level. The closest ones are Spirit and Hag who I believe are in a very good spot. Huntress, Myers, and Clown are next in line...they are also in a very balanced spot. The bottom half of the killers just have weaker powers that can’t compete. You can only give general killer buffs which would make Nurse and Billy EVEN MORE powerful which is not needed at all.

Don’t get me wrong, there are definite buffs that they can get and become better but not as great as Nurse and Billy.

I’d love for every killer to be as good as Nurse and Billy but it’s not possible when the other killers just have weaker powers.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited March 2019

Asking to nerf things you dont even know about .You dont even know that nurse by default has no mobility

• Mushwin

Seriously nerf him, it's no fun playing against him....he gets 1 second stun yet legion gets 4 and people moaned about legion been a week killer? least make him not be a one hit down or stop him from even so fast as it's such a joke...but billy mains wont want him buffed because he is the most OP killer on the game.....no matter what i do....even his chain saw sometimes looks it never hits me it still does -.-

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Bring other killers up to Billy's level.

This discussion has been closed.