The One who needs a Nerf is Hillbilly.

Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

C'mon, he goes from one side of the map to the other with no counter, the nurse has one, make him the speed as the huntress or something, he just has no counter against him....even with corners, people know how to play him, billy's wait for people to do a rescue and then down both people...

Comments

• Mushwin

@thekiller490490 of course you think that, same as people on PC think the nurse is good, yet she isn't on ps4...lockers only seem the best with billy because oh hey surprise he can just fly at you and get you down, he camps more the buba does....someone rescuse that it's you are both down....no adapting and gitting good is a no....he needs to be nerfed, people who play him obvs just take an easy way out, there is no counter for him, who would want one of a killer flying from one room to another and instant down?

• Mushwin

to me, i have NEVER given any salty comments to anyone playing a killer or vice versa, i actuall condone those who play well and good and having a GG, still....billy needs a nerf

• Mushwin

eh it can happen, but those who know how to play him, really? looping? nope

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

In the PS4 red ranks, killers are pretty much the same effectiveness as in the purple and green ranks. Except Billy. Against Billy everyone that isn't rank 1 or 2 is slugged and sacrificed within the first few minutes.

Before any twelve year old tells me to "Git Gud", EVERYONE gets slugged in these matches that I am in. This does not happen against any other killer. Just Billy.

110% speed is balanced for Hag, Legion and Huntress. What makes Billy so special?

• Mushwin

@JawsIsTheNextKiller thank you! you don't need to be a good player for billy, he can just whizz his way across and thats it.....i get slugged, i see my team mates get slugged.....how can one help but "git good" with a rocket up his ass....ps4 he is defo the worst one to be against, PC, the nurse, nurse on ps4 to me isn't bad...even legion passes this killer

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

And props to you for not taking part of the texting-after-dying movement on PS4.

• Mushwin

i totally agree about swf needeing a nerf, or least letting others know it's a swf to STOP lobby doging

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Nice bait.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Well I'm really trying to tell you guys, even after a lot of time playing Billy, there are still people I play against who juke my chainsaw all match long, and there are people surviving my games. So I guess it's a matter of refining skills.

• Mushwin

it's just my experienced....billy's on ps4....just eh

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

No, he does not.

/thread

• Mushwin

He. Does.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

There is really only one problem I have with Hillbilly and that is only with how easy it is to use billy for how good they are. I wouldn't necessarily advocate for a nerf for billy though as much as I would ask to instead make the power more skillful to use.

If we want to talk counters though, there is certainly a few things you can do against the hillbilly and that's the following ;

1 : You can loop billy like any other 4.6 m/s killer, as long as you can effectively loop using regular pallets or even jungle gyms you will be fine. Billy would only be "broken" if looping did not exist.

2 : Maps (and map types) like Lery's, The Game, Backwater Swamp, Haddonfield and Suffocation pit for instance have a lot of objects in the way that can force hillbilly to stop using their chainsaw for mobility. (This is more so true for Lery's, The Game and Haddonfield though)

3 : Hillbilly can bump into walls if the user is not careful enough, use the stun time to your advantage. Against better hillbilly's they still have a cooldown after coming out of a chainsaw sprint which slows them down for a moment and disables them from hitting survivors and interacting with anything.

Regarding your idea of making Hillbilly 4.4 m/s, this is a bad idea because his power doesn't necessarily give him an edge over looping unlike Huntress who can throw over pallets, Spirit who can mindgame, Hag who can trap and Legion who just straight up ignores everything. Generally speaking, killers that have 4.4 m/s or 110% movement speed have an advantage against looping while Hillbilly can more so hope to find people out in the open with his high mobility and then down them.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Billy is braindead easy to play. Rev your chainsaw and one hit down survivors. You wanna slug? You can easily do it in 20 seconds. He’s easy to pick up and play and is easily the second/third best killer in the game. He is a low risk/high reward killer.

Even saying that, he can be looped like most other killers. He doesn’t need a nerf because it would push him to mediocracy. He and Spirit are the only two killers on console capable of dealing with a good SWF group. Nurse is kinda out of the question with the AWFUL framerates and not having as much sensitivity which massively helps with blinks. She can only do a 180, not capable of a 360.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a 110% movement speed for Billy but it’s not necessary. He isn’t in the worst place of all killers, we need to be focusing on Legion, Freddy, and Leatherface honestly.

• Mushwin

ah so you are basically saying he is an easy killer...okay....no legion has a counter, freddy has been pissed and moaned about as too week and leather face is fine so long as you dont camp in the basement *snorts

• Mushwin

@ShyN3ko any killers counters ARE pallets and windows...so no, not a counter, that is the map not designed or built in killer

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

So whats the problem?

Then he is just a normal M1 killer.

But he can quickly get over the map.

• Mushwin

that is the point, no other killer flies over the map as he does, and very much can camp and slug everyone,

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited March 2019

Currently yes, with the exception of Wraith, but I play basically every killer except Nurse because those stuns piss me off, I don't like looking at the ground.

When I'm pissed and want control of the match I take either Billy or LF and very rarely nurse but good players CAN wreck me with her because I don't have the muscle memory on her.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

I hope you realize how much your own main is broke AF.

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

Nothing says broken like a 110% ms m1 killer who needs 4 (3 with a purple addon) hits to down people (even injured) unless he m1's them with his nice 110% ms, with m2 vs being able to down anybody but it takes them at least 15 secs with frank's mixtape:

a 115% killer with a chainsaw that takes 1 sec to charge with just green/yellow addons, can ######### over survivors at pallets due to breaking them very fast with a little mindgaming involved and having complete map presence while being able to down people in like 5 seconds.

Oh and let's not forget that you can catch up to survivors who are far away from you with your power and you can still after that after missing the survivor use your power AGAIN instantly while legion has to wait for it to refill.

Yeap, totally broken 10/10 legion best killer in the game, hillbilly is not considered toptier at all.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

What makes looping not a good tool against the Hillbilly?

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

He is less affected by looping than other killers (exception Nurse, Legion and potentially spirit/clown), for example if somebody drops a pallet you move them away from other jungle gyms/pallets and chainsaw the pallet, you can start revving your chainsaw during your way to the pallet where you essentially break it in maybe 1 sec leaving the survivor at worst completely exposed in an open area against a chainsaw.

the difference to legion and spirit/clown is that billy will instantly kill you if you mess up as surv, the others still give you a chance.

• TAG

Perhaps I am mistaken, but that to me kinda just sounds like pretty straightforward looping but with a faster pallet break.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Just loop and you counter the Billy... I mean really? The chainsaw is nothing when you're at a window or pallet... only players that complain about Billy are inexperienced

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

The difference is that billy exposes you basically after a fast pallet break unless you're right next to another junglegym, experienced billys will even hit you with the chainsaw on loops if you screw up. I'm not saying it's not earned, I'm just saying other killers have no way to outplay survivors like that.

All I'm saying is that if the devs want to bring SOME semblance of balance to this game then killers like billy and nurse need nerfing, only then can we really start asking to nerf ridiculous crutches like BT that are not super op against those guys but screw over 70% of the killer roster.

• TAG

I mean, the good Survivors are going to have a pretty good idea of how to chart their course so that their chances of being led into a dead zone are minimized, no? To me, it seems like Billy is about as good at loops as, say, Leatherface (though obviously Billy's map control is unparalleled, which makes up for the looping).

• MhhBurgers

No because LF cannot catch up to you with his chainsaw, he needs to be right behind you, a billy can chainsaw you when ur running around a corner even tho it's really hard. Also you can be the most experienced survivor ever, you will at least take a hit if you have no other choice than to loop somewhere on the outskirts because your team used up for example jungle gym pallets.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

He can do all of what was done in loops. The rest is survivors caught in the open.

Counterplay to billy? Stay out of the open, he needs a roughly straight path in order to sprint over to you so never give him one. He has terrible stealth so it is entirely plausible to do this consistently.

Idk if you know this but leatherface actually does get a movement speed boost from using his chainsaw. Not nearly as fast as billy obviously but still enough to matter in a chase.

• TAG

No, but a Leatherface can still just rev up the chainsaw and down the pallet about as well. Leatherface can also just use add-ons to reduce charge-up (like Billy) to be able to just down them before they can drop the pallet. Easy? No, but still possible.

• MhhBurgers

No it's impossible unless they REALLY ######### up hard.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Get good ! Your statement is wrong he can easily get a chainsaw hit only with certain addons or only if he catch you off guard

• MhhBurgers

Doesn't change the fact that he is MUCH stronger than any other killer with the exception of nurse. His design is outdated and he would never be released in this state today.

Legion cannot see Scratchmarks during his ability, that's the least that Billy would lose during chainsaw sprint, he'd probably have a powergauge that he'd use up while chainsawing if he was released today to make him unable to zip around the map unlike any other killer.

His mobility is paired with basically no downside when compared to the likes of freddy, the clown or even the spirit.

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019

And you certainly don't see a problem with Billy and Nurse being only the 2 killers able to outplay almost perfect survivors and having to balance the game around them instead for 70% of the other roster. Are the other killers just there for show just to be worse in everything else?

This discussion has been closed.