How to fix MFT without changing the perk itself or removing anything about the perk

not_requested49
not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

In order to charge Made For This to get ready for activation, you must have healed a survivor before getting injured

Once you are injured, the perk will activate as current IF it was charged by healing a survivor beforehand

If you heal a survivor while injured, this perk does not activate/charge If not currently active

If you lose or gain a health state after getting injured, this perk deactivates until you heal a survivor again

Simple, this perk will be less used because it'll have the exact same requirements as renewal and only be occasionally used instead of hard meta while still saying objectively the same

No, it does not need any more than this and if it really DOES then it can be disabled in the endgame or its endurance shortened

Post edited by not_requested49 on

Comments

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,805

Not a bad suggestion. I'd also argue for tokens, a set amount of time after being hit, or give a % boost to each slugged survivor but making it akin to renewal is at least more interesting and a better activation than just being hurt.

Actually the more I think about it, it makes it very interesting.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

This would give it an actual requirement, so sure.

• iphone_T
    iphone_T Member Posts: 8

Honestly think disabling it when exit gates are powered is good enough. The main issue with MFT is it’s pairing with hope which that change would fix.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,805

Except that this perk pretty much counters most M1 killers throughout the trial so deactivating at endgame is pointless.

• not_requested49

All of those make it trash tier so no

Hardly anyone run renewal as it is, so anything more than that will make it as much a meme as Mettle of Man

• tuttoinunavolta
    tuttoinunavolta Member Posts: 198

It can also be chained into DH/BL/Smash Hit/Lithe, and that's also a problem

• not_requested49
    edited June 2023

How is that a problem? You're using a perk to deactivate another perk, they can't be used at the same time, it's one or the other

The perk does NOT deserved to be nerfed into the ground, ESPECIALLY since my idea is probably the best way to go about it

Otherwise, we would have lots of posts complaining about renewal because "it's a free health state after getting hooked"

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,968

This would just encourage tunneling, Why would I ever go for the healer now if there is a chance they have MFT and its active?

• not_requested49

Why would you go for the healer in the first place outside of endurance? One is injured, another isn't

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

According to nightlight, the perk has 3,9% usage already (and this is still too high considering ppl wanted to try new perk out). That's even lower then 6% I predicted. At this point any nerf is undeserved.

I know I already swapped back to my balanced landing or bg player as both of those are much better in my eyes.

• not_requested49
    edited June 2023

I know but tbh we already know bhvr is going to cave in eventually and nerf it because of the sheer amount of complaints

I just hope they see this one and decide to do it instead of the other plethora of terrible ideas that nuke it into the ground or are COMMANDING it to be gutted completely

• tuttoinunavolta
    tuttoinunavolta Member Posts: 198

I never said the perk should be nerfed into the ground (but it should definitely be nerfed in its current state) and I never even commented on your rework idea...

The user I replied to said that the sinergy between MFT (the perk in its current state, not your version) and Hope is basically its only problem, and I think that its possible sinergy with perks like BL, Dead Hard and Smash Hit are very problematic too.

It doesn't matter if MFT deactivates when you can pair it with Exhaustion perks that you can activate very late into a chase. MFT, as of now, gives you guaranteed haste with no time limits nor requirements. You're gonna get injured, you will always have MFT active. It's free haste, something no other perk of its kind does, having either time limits or special requirements. Exhaustion perks specifically activate the Exhaustion status effect so you can only use one at a time. Being able to gain considerably more chase time for free thanks to MFT makes it even easier to get to activate that exhaustion perk's requirements (ex. finding a upper floor to trigger BL) and then get even more haste and extend chases even further, with no more effort required than the one used when using BL/DH/SH without MFT. The fact that current MFT gives such a nice advantage for free, in situations that are guaranteed to happen in game no matter what, makes it a big problem when paired with any haste bonus perk at all. It's busted that MFT doesn't cause exhaustion.

I think your suggestion is solid, its restrictions make MFT's possible sinergy with exhaustion perks a bit less worrisome. But again, the comment I replied to and my response were both referring to the offiicial version of the perk, not yours

• not_requested49

Oh ok, sorry the the misunderstanding

And yeah I do think my idea will actually make the survivor need to "earn" the effect before it can happen, like renewal and I think (most) would be happy if it was nerfed that way as it isn't too big a nerf to render it completely useless but also enough that it isn't just "free"