Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

How do you get the mini-perks (Perk Preview?) to show up on character screens?

Zensunim
Zensunim Member Posts: 157

My wife logged into her account on my PC (Steam) and I saw that she could see her character's perks displayed outside of the Loadout screen. When I swapped back to my account, the icons went away.

I saw something in the patch notes: The Perk Preview icons are now disabled in Anonymous Mode.

Is that what it's talking about? Are those things the "Perk Preview"?

I tried turning Anonymous Mode on and off and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Answers

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,635
    edited June 2023

Yeah this feature has also never worked for me at all either.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

I never even knew this was a thing but I've never turned the anonymous mode on ?

Since when does this exists I'm quite confused

• Zensunim
    Zensunim Member Posts: 157

We're not sure. My wife took a break from the game and recently starting playing again in 6.7.0 just before the Singularity came out. I kind of forgot about it until I saw the 7.0.0 notes and remembered that was a thing.

I wish I could figure out how to turn it on because I like to swap characters often and the mini-perk preview is wonderful! (Not sure why it's tied to Anonymous Mode in any way though.)

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

The anonymous thing would make sense if the preview was visible by your teammates, but considering that's most definitely not the case this is quite weird indeed. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow and report here if no one shows up with an answer in the mean time ^^

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599

It seems they're doing A/B testing on this feature. Some people have this and some people don't. There doesn't appear to be a way to opt-in.