If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

It's time for built in unbreakable and self unhook.

Options
aerogaxd
aerogaxd Member Posts: 49
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

killers have shown time and time again that they will slug for 4 mins and play as scummy as possible and in my opinion not having this released before the event was one of the biggets misplays.

its time that we add this in now. for real.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498
    Options

No thanks. I'd rather not have killer base kit be buffed to hell and back to compensate.

I also think corrupt should be baseline but only affect 2 gens and the perk should be reworked in exchange for a hemorrhage nerf.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

I think they could address this in a few ways that are fair. One is to reward zero bloodpoints for any survivor that bleeds out. You didn’t wanna take the time to hook or mori them? You get nothing for their death then. Another way is not to make Unbreakable base-kit which IMO would be a tad OP but to change the way the perk works. Unbreakable can be a very strong perk but it can be pretty useless if a killer is just slugging all match. I think they could add a token system where safely unhooking a survivor (or another action) grants a token up to a maximum of 2. Each token could grant you an additional usage. I think taking the abomination that is No Mither and changing it could help too. I get that it’s a high-risk, high-reward perk but in its current state it’s more risk than anything else as the killer will immediately know you’re running it and many will tunnel you out. I believe they should change it to the following: you start the trial healthy but will become broken upon taking damage. Being unhooked will reset the broken status but will only give you a certain amount of time (around 30 seconds) to heal before the broken status activates again. Once again, taking damage will inflict the broken status and the cycle continues. This change allows you to get usage out of the perk without being forced into an injured state while still having conditions that impose a risk to use. Lastly, they need to rework the bleed-out mechanic. I had a game with a slugging Demogorgon that slugged Kate all match without hooking her and though we continued to pick her up during the EGC he downed her and she literally lasted 1 second before before dying. If a survivor is healed completely to he healthy state they should have their bleed out timer completely reset.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

If they nerf Blight & Nurse, i am good with this idea. Killers should not get any general buff while we still have both of these killers.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    Options

I'm all for nerfing Blight and Nurse. Idk why BHVR didn't do that yet.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,069
    Options

Basekit unbreakable would be fine if there was just 2 survivors left?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,212
    Options

how about the survivors pick the slug up?

boom, solved and you didnt even have to undeservedly/unrelatedly nerf the top killers.

Its funny tho that mostly survviors talk about needing basekit perks. Imagine Killers got some top meta perk at full tier3 strength added basekit, the community would rage so hard.

Although, funnily I think not much would change if we got all 3 Wraith perks as basekit improvements, blood is barely helpful/visible, scratchmarks always suck and the FOV is horrible.

• Slaphappyhobbit
    Slaphappyhobbit Member Posts: 47
    Options
  • Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

The self unhook / antifacecamp mechanic will probably be in the next midpatch.

• DavidHypnos
    Options

Dude, killers will slug regardless. It’s like when they tried to discourage camping and tunneling but killers did it anyway even without needing to resort to it as a last hope. It’s not punishing killers to change these perks - hell, changing No Mither simply makes it viable! Slugging, camping, and tunneling are never things that are forced onto you - it’s just a decision you make to increase your chances of winning and most killers do it without it ever needing to be possible. Why should survivors be punished because you might have to resort to slugging? Easy answer: they shouldn’t.

• DavidHypnos
    Options

If the killer doesn’t stray from the bleeding survivor (which in my games they often don’t because they use them as bait) it’s not that easy to just pick them up unless all 4 players work together which would not only take everyone away from their objectives but is hard to pull off outside of a SWF. What’s really funny is how so many killers complain about SWF and wanting to nerf survivor perks yet they want to be able to do things like slug and camp which there isn’t a good counter for unless you SWF. So what I’m basically hearing is that no matter how a killer chooses to play they should be entitled to the kill. Also, if we don’t take the bait and get our gens done instead then that survivor gets to have a lousy game most likely from the beginning of the match. Fun for everyone.

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308
    Options
  • JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Killers already have basekit haste when chasing (Bloodlust) and also have basekit ways to skip healthstates (grabs) and camping, tunneling and slugging are also all basekit.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,360
    Options

No thanks.

Just give me a concede button and then replace me with a bot or something, idk. I've really got no interest in being stuck in a 3v1 at 5 gens, but I've currently got to play that out.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,172
    Options

Anything else? How about base kit DS, Windows of Opportunity and Made For This while we're at it?

Seriously, the more you punish killers for everything they do the more 'scummy' they'll play. That is until they won't play at all.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

BHVR has already stated they gave up on basekit Unbreakable as it was OP.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

But if you work together then you are doomed as this altruistic behaviour is what the killer is expecting you to do. It's like Bubba camp. Except: 1) you can't move on the hook and 2) you can't force yourself to die faster while being slugged. The anti-camp feature - I think - was born mainly because of number 2. People just kept trying to unhook themself and they "let it go" at stage 2.

If slugging / tunneling is that bad then can I please have a something-something-basekit for scenarios when I'm found first during the match? Invincibility or teleportation?

The developers stated many times: the 4 survivors should not expect to fully escape.

• DavidHypnos
    Options

I never expect to escape a match. I have to work for that. Killers should have to work for their kills too.

• CorvusCorax86
    Options

True, but if slugging / camping is recognised survivors can immediately start working on the gens to finish them in time. In this way the killer is punished (1K is not an accomplishment).

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

Why not basekit unbreakable that activates only when all currently living survivors are slugged? Up the time it takes to self pick-up to accommodate killers who aren’t trying to slug but just trying to keep hatch from popping in a 2 survivors left situation and I don’t see it affecting anything but pure slug to bleed out killers.

• DavidHypnos
    Options

That still screws over one player, and I also don’t like the idea of “1k isn’t an accomplishment.” If you played your best then it doesn’t matter if it’s a 4k or 0 you accomplished something. Same with survivors - if you die and there’s still gens to do so long as you did your best it’s an accomplishment. On the other hand a 4k isn’t an accomplishment if you had to slug and camp to achieve it.

• CorvusCorax86
    Options

Then let's give a bare minimum score for bleeding out players. Ensure only real sacrifices matter. No rework needed with mechanics but punishment BP-wise.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

Wow most survivor entitlement I've seen in a while. You are aware they've tested basekit unbreakable? And it broke the game? No?

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    edited June 2023
    Options

To make it more fair I'd say just give us a button to give up after a certain amount of time has passed, when slugged that is.

I've seen killers so desperate for a 4K they drag the match out leaving me or the other slugged. It's like let's just move on, who cares. Win some and lose some.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 639
    Options

We just need them to implement the basekit "unbreakable" we were already promised like 2 updates ago. I do not know about self-unhook, I mean there is already the Kobe chance. I am good with the 4%. But there should never be an opportunity for a 3-4 way slug, it is beyond cheap and should just not be an option. Or make the perk unbreakable more like distortion where it can be recharged and reused.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,314
    Options

Can we have a mechanism to kill survivors standing at the gate when they can leave?

I guarantee you this happens to more Killer mains than survs getting slugged for 4 mins.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,896
    Options

Lol time for survivors to be able to auto escape for free from any of the mechanics that they may have to face in game.

You didn’t think this one through did you?