If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Unique perk slot for survivors and killers

Options

So something I was thinking here that can give both killers and survivors a little more uniqueness to them is have a unique perk slot that can only be filled with that specific killer or survivor perk

For example: Dwight unique perks are PTS, Bond and Leader so Dwight can only add 1 of those perks at tier 1 only maybe tier three as a reward for prestiging or something but that can be discussed and the same is for killer as well

An example for killers is nurse her perks NC, strider, and Tantaphobia so the nurse can only equip 1 of her unique perks to the unique perk slot

So some potential benefits I can see with this is more creativity for strategies that are more unique to that individual killer or survivor to stir up the pot a bit in the meta and it can also help give a better read on how a killer or survivor is going to play kinda like a clue based on the survivor or killer someone picks.

I hope this doesn’t potentially break the game since some perks for either side are just generally more powerful than others.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I hope this doesn’t potentially break the game since some perks for either side are just generally more powerful than others.

Well then, you already see it could break the game. Even tier 1 perks could be problematic in some scenarios. It would just create a meta for survivors too, killers doubt would change that much, cause it's mostly their power that makes a killer good.

• inkblot
    inkblot Member Posts: 22
    Options

So basically, please correct me if I'm wrong, your saying that on top of four perk slots for any and all perks, you want a fifth one for just the teachables of whatever character? Ignoring the fact that certain characters have extremely weak teachables, this wouldcompletely break the game. Imagine a survivor having dead hard, off the record, unbreakable, decisive strike, and Deliverance. That would be broken af lol

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,304
    Options

I've always liked the idea of making practical use of the charms. One could be personal to each character, granting a tiny bit useful bonus.

Like 0.5% faster healing for Claudette, or a second quicker trap setting for Hag & Trapper, or a 0.5% vaulting bonus for Feng, or a small crouch speed bonus for my beloved Piggy.

Nothing too crazy or substantial, just a little bump that makes sense lore and/or power wise.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

It shouldn't be related to killers/survivors, what it should be is a slot for something less "meta".

Survivors could put bond there but not lithe, something like that.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 230
    Options

But what if survivors had a special ability too, like a personal power that makes each one unique. A small buff to whatever fits their lore and story in the best way.

I'll list a selection of survivors:

• Dwight: A 5% speed boost to cooperative actions - Makes sense, as he is supposed to be a team leader.
    • Meg: Runs 2% faster - She is an athlete after all
    • Claudette: Grants a 5% bonus to healing speeds (self-healing or otherwise) - She is good with herbal medicine.
    • Jake (on being injured): Grits his teeth and keeps quiet for 30 seconds - The true survivor of the 4.
    • Nea: Has a built-in 15% reduction to being staggered by falling from high ground. - Makes sense as she is good at parkour.
    • Kate: Inflicts blindness for 10 seconds after being picked up by the killer. - A mini-version of Boil Over built in.
    • Feng: Vaults windows and pallets 3% faster.
    • Jeff: Has a 30 second immunity against aura reading at the start of the match.
    • Jill/Leon: Flashlight/flashbang and blast mine blinds lasts 10% longer - These two are a quite similar.
    • Ada: Scratch marks lasts for 2 seconds less. Kinda makes sense, as she is a trained secret agent.
    • Thalita: Grants a 3% buff to generator repair speed.
    • Renato: Gets a small Haste status as soon as a survivor is downed
    • Mikaela: Blessing totems is 10% faster

That was just a few examples. I am sure the numbers could be tweaked, but this should make each one feel unique in a way.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,206
    Options

No, we don't need survivor character meta.