Dear Fellow Console Users

Options

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    ThePloopz said:
    weirdkid5 said:
    Sigh updates for Warframe are still behind sometimes by month and the community is general patient and understanding.

This isnt BHVR fault. And no  they shouldnt wait to release PC updates just to appease consoles players. That is called "console holding PC back" and is actually one of the quickest ways to kill your PC population.

Just. Be. Patient. You not giving them money isn't going to make MS or Sony make their cert process faster lol
    A lot of people probably come from games that do simultaneously releases so that’s what they’re probably used to. Then there’s the people who are just frustrated by multiple things and not just this alone
    I get it if a lot of these players are say Fortnite players, which I am myself.

But something they need to understand is that technically Fortnite is still in Beta. This allows them to take advantage of the less stringent Beta Cert process and it allows them to make weekly updates on point. Keeping Fortnite in beta is an incredibly smart business tactic, and nothing will change it unless MS and Sony change their cert processes.
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Few things ppl still seem to miss.

1. When they say 1-2 weeks that's in business days not 7-14 day weeks, so Monday through Friday.

2. Microsoft is based in Redmond Washington, while Sony is in Japan and BHVR is in Quebec Canada.. Now true it's all done via electronic probably or even via UPS/DHL/FED EX etc each company doing the console testing is on a different day. .

3. Japan it's currently Wednesday and 4:30 am PST. For Microsoft it's 12:32 PST. For BVHR it's 3:37 pm PST.

4. They just posted an update about the Xbox cert process which is still within the timeframe they gave and before the 29th shrine update.

5. The PS4 update cert process they haven't hear anything yet from Sony but given the time it's not surprising given the time. So expect to see a possible update on the cert process in about 4-9 hours assuming anyone at BHVR is there to post about it. If not expect it some time tomorrow morning.

So there's still a possibility that both consoles get their releases this week on a non standard release update, IE outside the normal weekly updates. IF there's a delay they'll probably delay the Shrine release for all users hopefully.

We will probably find out information regarding the PS4 update during the Dev Stream this week.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    weirdkid5 said:
    ThePloopz said:
    weirdkid5 said:
    Sigh updates for Warframe are still behind sometimes by month and the community is general patient and understanding.

This isnt BHVR fault. And no  they shouldnt wait to release PC updates just to appease consoles players. That is called "console holding PC back" and is actually one of the quickest ways to kill your PC population.

Just. Be. Patient. You not giving them money isn't going to make MS or Sony make their cert process faster lol
    A lot of people probably come from games that do simultaneously releases so that’s what they’re probably used to. Then there’s the people who are just frustrated by multiple things and not just this alone

But something they need to understand is that technically Fortnite is still in Beta. This allows them to take advantage of the less stringent Beta Cert process and it allows them to make weekly updates on point. Keeping Fortnite in beta is an incredibly smart business tactic, and nothing will change it unless MS and Sony change their cert processes.
    Yea I think if people knew more about the games that do simultaneous releases they’d understand more. Like I know overwatch can do them because they put in their cert while their ptr is up so they have plenty of time to work with on that
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2018
    Options

:/

Post edited by only1biggs on
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2018
    Options

:/

Post edited by only1biggs on
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited June 2018
    Options
    fcc2014 said:
    Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

@Lowbei said:
    you will patiently wait for the clown and like it

Isn't the Clown in jail at the moment? When do you get out?

jail club is too exclusive for most :)
    I see people flag your comments on ever thread i read. I guess you got life without the possibility of parole.

he returns the favor ten-fold.
    Probably i don't get the point of flagging a comment just because you don't agree.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options
    I laugh every time I see a comment flagged. Like, why? (Unless it's legitimately breaking the rules)
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    ThePloopz said:
    weirdkid5 said:
    ThePloopz said:
    weirdkid5 said:

Yea I think if people knew more about the games that do simultaneous releases they’d understand more. Like I know overwatch can do them because they put in their cert while their ptr is up so they have plenty of time to work with on that
    All I will say is there is no reason this game *shouldn't* do the same thing as Overwatch does. I assume it would have to do with all this "spaghetti" code I've been hearing about.

Either way, we understand, we just wish more could have been done to ensure we got a closer release to when all the hype has been built up. I've been purposely not watching videos of the clown and even my hype on him as wained just from the discussions. We all know it's just a matter of patients, some just want to vent our frustrations. It's catharsis, what's the harm in it? 

After all, at least the attention this thread gained may have inspired the more detailed update
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

Either way, we understand, we just wish more could have been done to ensure we got a closer release to when all the hype has been built up. I've been purposely not watching videos of the clown and even my hype on him as wained just from the discussions. We all know it's just a matter of patients, some just want to vent our frustrations. It's catharsis, what's the harm in it? 

After all, at least the attention this thread gained may have inspired the more detailed update

As I've said earlier and some ppl not you but some completely ignore the fact they said 1-2 weeks. As in business days Monday through Friday. MS got back to them today which is still under that 2 week timeframe. So tomorrow aka Wednesday would be the 14th business day.

• Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    As I've said earlier and some ppl not you but some completely ignore the fact they said 1-2 weeks. As in business days Monday through Friday. MS got back to them today which is still under that 2 week timeframe. So tomorrow aka Wednesday would be the 14th business day.

They never anywhere said 14 business days. Stop just stop making excuses for them. As far as we know you are not on the payroll.

They never anywhere said any kind of time frame.

• jessie_12
    jessie_12 Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Kevvie said:

@fcc2014 said:

They never anywhere said 14 business days. Stop just stop making excuses for them. As far as we know you are not on the payroll.

They did give a time frame.  In one of their streams they said the certification would take 1-2 weeks, 3 max.
  • ThePloopz
    Options
    The reason this wait isn’t like to affect anything is because most people don’t know anything about the game. As in they don’t know the dev team they don’t follow the social medias or pc releases. They just don’t care enough about the game or gaming in general to do these things and I believe that’s the majority of console players. Like someone on Reddit thought their game was broken lol
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175
    Options

@jessie_12 said:
    Kevvie said:

@fcc2014 said:

They did give a time frame.  In one of their streams they said the certification would take 1-2 weeks, 3 max.

They said "We do not have an ETA right now it is in the process. USUALLY it is a couple weeks, 2 to 3 weeks at the most" and that was 12 days ago.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Kevvie said:

@jessie_12 said:
    Kevvie said:

@fcc2014 said:

They said "We do not have an ETA right now it is in the process. USUALLY it is a couple weeks, 2 to 3 weeks at the most" and that was 12 days ago.

Which is within that time frame but in another thread they'd also said they expected it to take 7-10 business days, so my points still stands. But if we go by the 2-3 weeks you said then all the complaining from console users has been completely and utterly pointless. Since it's still within the timeframe they estimated and since they posted an update today it should be quicker.

• awsome_predator
    awsome_predator Member Posts: 35
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@245_Trioxin said:
    The PC update was June 12. It's been 2 weeks. Stop blowing this out of proportion. If we get it this week on console, then it's right in the time frame that BHVR stated. 

Apparently you can't read the chapter first came out on the ptb on the 29th. I was stating they should have instead released the chapter on ALL platforms at the same time(smaller patch) everyone happy. The ptb could have still been used to test the new chapter and store with console getting a later release and access to the store as that patch would've have taken longer.

I can read. I also have a very solid understanding on how these businesses work. To boot, I understand that the PTB and the actual release are two very different things.

Looks like we have one thing in common. We're both literate. 

Getting all worked up when the update isn't actually late is a ridiculously immature and entitled thing to do. Trying to get other players to boycott is even worse. 
    The update is late they said would all come same time, then they change the goal posts. Look at there plan also we have tournaments on all platforms which face it joke!! But even so pc can have new killer for it but console users no, n I know people wouldn't have used anyway but still it's a joke
  • awsome_predator
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

245_Trioxin said:

It's a very common practice in PC gaming. PTBs and PTS's are in a lot of games. Other communities don't make a huge fuss about it.

I'd rather know that we're getting a proper update on console, because of the PTB, than to get a bug-ridden update that went through zero rebalancing.

If we don't have it by the end of next week, then make a fuss. But, as it stands, it's only been ten business days (QA, testers, and auditors don't usually work on weekends). 

We are not getting a proper update. PC is reporting all kinds of issues.

OK, but if they had rushed it out on console to match the PC release, it would have wound up worse for console.

Keep in mind that the console release was not originally planned, and only happened because of people asking about it week in and week out. It's a pretty shoddy port, to be honest, and if they did rush things out to it, it would be in a really broken state.

All I'm saying us that a little more patience is worth it. I'm really willing to put money down that it is going to drop very soon. 
    They shouldn't need to rush anything it's called good planning, lots of other companies manage huge expansions which all come out simultaneously and like the person said before is it that hard to integrate changes such as shard cap removal? Not really at least then it means people can store up and get ready there main issue is the buy cosmetics store, I don't really care about paying them more money bring it out whenever they will still get money from people who want the stuff but they wont be mad if that's all they had to wait for.
  • 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171
    Options

@awsome_predator said:
    The update is late they said would all come same time, then they change the goal posts. Look at there plan also we have tournaments on all platforms which face it joke!! But even so pc can have new killer for it but console users no, n I know people wouldn't have used anyway but still it's a joke

It's not late, though. This has already been discussed ad nauseam. BHVR did state that the console release would take approximately 2-3 additional weeks due to the size of the update and Microsoft's and Sony's certification process.

It's currently week 2 since the release of the update on PC (June 12). The update shouldn't technically be considered late until the end of next week. If it takes longer than that, then I agree that something should be done by BHVR to accommodate for time lost. But until it's actually late, based on the timeframe that was stated by BHVR, then we just just need to show some patience.

Why do you think the shrine is closed until the 29th, and the double bloodpoint weekend isn't until July 5th? These dates are based on the need for an extra 2-3 weeks due to the certification process.

Microsoft certified the update, Sony has not. So, wouldn't this now be the fault of Sony for PS4 users?

@awsome_predator said:
    They shouldn't need to rush anything it's called good planning, lots of other companies manage huge expansions which all come out simultaneously and like the person said before is it that hard to integrate changes such as shard cap removal? Not really at least then it means people can store up and get ready there main issue is the buy cosmetics store, I don't really care about paying them more money bring it out whenever they will still get money from people who want the stuff but they wont be mad if that's all they had to wait for.

Yes, it would be.

1. That would add a separate update that would need to be certified.
    2. They would then need to pull the original update that contains the cap removal, as it needs to be removed from the code, because it has been added as a separate update.
    3. They would then need to turn the update code back in, after the removal of that code, and restart the entire certification process.

This would cause the whole update to take far longer to get certified. We'd be looking at another 3 weeks to get the full update.

• fcc2014
    Options

@Amanda55 it has already begun.

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415
    Options

Soon!

• fcc2014
    Options

I'm in spaceballs!

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Mel Brooks is a shining beacon of humanity's achievement.

• fcc2014
    Options

@TheTimeMachine said:
         ...I’m still gonna pay for my pouch or Auric Cells... regardless of how I’ve been treated. Masochism at its finest friends.

I appreciate your honesty and humor but i'm sure you won't be alone.

• Coriander
    Options

You've seen the new cosmetics, right? Many are totally worth paying for (and can't be purchased with Shards).

• ThePloopz
    Options
    Coriander said:

You've seen the new cosmetics, right? Many are totally worth paying for (and can't be purchased with Shards).

To me none of them are worth buying even with the shards right now
  • Coriander
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    To me none of them are worth buying even with the shards right now

Oh yeah? Well... I disagree! :)

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Not buying something they have made play to pay is not going to effect their bottom line at all. 
    Mid 20k people on this forum didn’t but cells that’s less than 1% of their player base, more than that will already be accounted for as players who’ll play for content...  o one gives you something for free if they are concerned about the bottom line.
  • fcc2014
    Options
    When you troll the devs out of frustration and the coolest guy in that room responds.
  • fcc2014
    Options
    @Amanda55 someone in another thread several days ago said july 3rd. He got shot down and called a liar. Maybe it is true. Im sure you put a lot of time in. It is extremely frustrating but i wouldn't quit over it.
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options

@Amanda55 said:
    If it doesn't drop tomorrow i'm done with this game. One can only be patient for so long.

We just need a responce, I hope they give us an update for PS4 on the dev stream tomorrow.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Options
    fcc2014 said:
    When you troll the devs out of frustration and the coolest guy in that room responds.
    That’s awesome
  • fcc2014
    Options
    @GhostEuant they still can laugh at themselves a little.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to understand what a working week is :(

• awsome_predator
    Options

@awsome_predator said:

It's not late, though. This has already been discussed ad nauseam. BHVR did state that the console release would take approximately 2-3 additional weeks due to the size of the update and Microsoft's and Sony's certification process.

It's currently week 2 since the release of the update on PC (June 12). The update shouldn't technically be considered late until the end of next week. If it takes longer than that, then I agree that something should be done by BHVR to accommodate for time lost. But until it's actually late, based on the timeframe that was stated by BHVR, then we just just need to show some patience.

Why do you think the shrine is closed until the 29th, and the double bloodpoint weekend isn't until July 5th? These dates are based on the need for an extra 2-3 weeks due to the certification process.

Microsoft certified the update, Sony has not. So, wouldn't this now be the fault of Sony for PS4 users?

@awsome_predator said:

Yes, it would be.

1. That would add a separate update that would need to be certified.
    2. They would then need to pull the original update that contains the cap removal, as it needs to be removed from the code, because it has been added as a separate update.
    3. They would then need to turn the update code back in, after the removal of that code, and restart the entire certification process.

This would cause the whole update to take far longer to get certified. We'd be looking at another 3 weeks to get the full update.

Before they said delay due to blah blah they said when new dlc comes out it will be same time. Just like pig launch they got that wrong too they should learn from there past mistakes as although I don't know the process of there work much like they wouldn't know mine I understand the need to plan ahead and if there possibilities of delays u start early with ur ptb so that all issues are resolved n ready for same day release get the certs in order in good time before u announce this is our release date then u don't have problem with people complaining, Christmas is here in 6 months time I think I will wait to Xmas eve 10mins before shops close to buy my kids presents already got my wife's but I can just tell my kids hey kids  ur mam got her present because she knew what to expect but u will have to wait a few days to get yours as the shops didn't stay open long enough and if u have a problem many ppl struggle just look at dbd devs they couldn't get it sorted but not there fault it the certs pff load of rubbish planning is key

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171
    Options

@awsome_predator said:
    Before they said delay due to blah blah they said when new dlc comes out it will be same time. Just like pig launch they got that wrong too they should learn from there past mistakes as although I don't know the process of there work much like they wouldn't know mine I understand the need to plan ahead and if there possibilities of delays u start early with ur ptb so that all issues are resolved n ready for same day release get the certs in order in good time before u announce this is our release date then u don't have problem with people complaining, Christmas is here in 6 months time I think I will wait to Xmas eve 10mins before shops close to buy my kids presents already got my wife's but I can just tell my kids hey kids  ur mam got her present because she knew what to expect but u will have to wait a few days to get yours as the shops didn't stay open long enough and if u have a problem many ppl struggle just look at dbd devs they couldn't get it sorted but not there fault it the certs pff load of rubbish planning is key

I know they said that they would get DLC out at the same time, but in this particular case it's not just DLC. This is a really big version update that changed a number of things, added two more characters, another map, an entire in-game shop, etc. If I read correctly in another thread, the Xbox update was 12GB, which is the size of the entire game. I'm not saying that it's 12GB of new content, but that's still a really large update to push through the certification process. The purchasable DLC is just a small key file that unlocks The Clown and Kate.

Again, they planned for this, and warned the community. They blatantly said that it would take around 2-3 additional weeks for console to get the update, and planned the re-opening of the shrine and the double bloodpoint weekend around that time frame.

I get people feeling left out, but everything points to BHVR planning for this delay and making it pretty obvious to the community that there would be one from the start. This is why, personally, I found the knee-jerk reactions to the delay to be ridiculous. It's not actually late until after the end of next week. Anytime prior to that is well within the time frame that BHVR stated.

• Damaho
    Damaho Member Posts: 44
    Options

@245_Trioxin said:

Again, they planned for this, and warned the community. They blatantly said that it would take around 2-3 additional weeks for console to get the update, and planned the re-opening of the shrine and the double bloodpoint weekend around that time frame.

I get people feeling left out, but everything points to BHVR planning for this delay and making it pretty obvious to the community that there would be one from the start. This is why, personally, I found the knee-jerk reactions to the delay to be ridiculous. It's not actually late until after the end of next week. Anytime prior to that is well within the time frame that BHVR stated.

They planned for this? Highly doubt it. They announced 4 days before the clown release that consoles would get it later. If they had really planned for this they would have told us sooner. It seems to me more like they finished the patch and then remembered that there is a certification process for consoles and submitted it late, resulting in this wait time.

If they had really planned this they would have had the DLC ready a month prior to release and would have used the PTB to look for bugs or balancing changes while certification was being done. As it was now, the PTB came way too late and it seemed that they barely got everything ready before the PTB release. This really makes me worried and I hope that they work on upcoming killers even before the next one is released, otherwise it seems highly likely that they won't finish the next killer, when it took them 5 months for the clown (but they can't be that stupid, right? Right?)

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 412
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Damaho said:
    They planned for this? Highly doubt it. They announced 4 days before the clown release that consoles would get it later.

No, they already said in Reddit Q&A from May 14 that the certification process would be slower because it's a big update and consoles would very likely get it later.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
    The op reminds me of that little girl from Charlie and the chocolate factory. You know the one! she turns into a huge gum ball Bc she’s super impatient. You’re a bad nut dude. 
  • awsome_predator
    Options
    rha said:

@Damaho said:
    They planned for this? Highly doubt it. They announced 4 days before the clown release that consoles would get it later.

No, they already said in Reddit Q&A from May 14 that the certification process would be slower because it's a big update and consoles would very likely get it later.

Surely as game developers u would know bigger the update longer the process so that being said if u plan correctly there wouldn't be any issues saying it big and that's why surely they know the ins and outs of the process basicly they dropped the ball n don't want to take liablity for the shambles. When ps4 mess up u get freebies so hope behaviour do the same for there disgruntled fans
  • ThePloopz
    Options
    rha said:

@Damaho said:

Surely as game developers u would know bigger the update longer the process so that being said if u plan correctly there wouldn't be any issues saying it big and that's why surely they know the ins and outs of the process basicly they dropped the ball n don't want to take liablity for the shambles. When ps4 mess up u get freebies so hope behaviour do the same for there disgruntled fans
    They’re not doing anything for anyone lol things will just go on like this never happened tbh
  • TeambossFloze
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    awsome_predator said:

rha said:

@Damaho said:

They’re not doing anything for anyone lol things will just go on like this never happened tbh

yep once the dlc is released on PS4 it'll all be like this never happened and the world will continue to turn as it has done this past few weeks.

• ThePloopz
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    awsome_predator said:

rha said:

@Damaho said:

yep once the dlc is released on PS4 it'll all be like this never happened and the world will continue to turn as it has done this past few weeks.

I don’t have a problem with people being impatient or upset it’s just like you have to follow through with actions or it was all just pointless. Which most people who were upset will just buy stuff as soon as it drops so it’s like what was the point of it all
  • TeambossFloze
    Options

I don’t have a problem with people being impatient or upset it’s just like you have to follow through with actions or it was all just pointless. Which most people who were upset will just buy stuff as soon as it drops so it’s like what was the point of it all

in the malaise of multi-ps4-dlc-whine threads I've actually lost track of what we was talking about but yes...you are correct - what is the point of it all. I don't necessarily have an issue with impatience, I do have an issue with people clogging up what is a great forum with multiple posts complaining like little bitches about the same thing over and over and over again

• TeambossFloze
    Options

@GhostEuant said:
    fcc2014 said:

That’s awesome

Love Dave - guys a legend

• awsome_predator
    Options
    rha said:

@Damaho said:

Surely as game developers u would know bigger the update longer the process so that being said if u plan correctly there wouldn't be any issues saying it big and that's why surely they know the ins and outs of the process basicly they have dropped the ball plain n simple
  • fcc2014
    Options

So any fellow PS4 players feel different about them cosmetics now? Are we still waiting patiently? Is everyone at their shard cap?