The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Made For This oversight?

JdoHybrid428
JdoHybrid428 Member Posts: 87
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

The only specific case where mft is really broken is against tier 1 Myers. I don't know if it was an oversight by the devs but tier 1 Myers since I've started playing thr game and to this day only has 103% speed which means he can catch up to someone with mft(unless of course they get caught on something or turn, etc). It's not impossible to play tier 1 Myers against mft but difficult. I really think mft is overall fine even with the Hope combo but it should probably be reduced from 1/2/3% to 1.5/2/2.5. So tier 1 Myers builds aren't at a significant disadvantage. Especially on certain maps that have plenty of straightaways. This is from a more killer main perspective as well. Even though I play survivor as well.

Comments

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Ill be honest with you, that build is a meme, thats only ever decent on indoor maps, and only some of them.

Scratched Mirror gives a huge info power, but it completely guts your chase potential, essentially nonexistent.

That being said, MFT and Hope are stupid.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    edited July 2023

rip myers another day another nerf

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077
    edited July 2023

i think it's more of design issue with myer's. if people stack haste perks vs his t1, they can create dbd 2016 infinities vs him and hold killer hostage. any time there is an issue with holding one side hostage in the game, there is an issue there. in practice if you stack 4 haste perks dark theory, blood pact, mft, power of two and run along hallways along midwich over and over again while being outside of killer ability to start chase then you can create infinities for a lot of 115% m/s killers. it is like old OoO that had unlimited wall hacks and was big problem.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited July 2023

This is why I'd prefer more haste perks for killers.

STBFL and PWYF alone are already not enough to make Mirror Myers effective, let alone with MfT.

My favourite idea for a killer perk is as follows:

When you hook a unique survivor, this perk gains a token, to a maximum of 2/3/4. When you sacrifice or kill a survivor, this perk loses a token. For each token this perk has, you gain 2% stackable Haste.

It's an effective speed boost for killer, that rewards spreading hooks, and diminishes as survivors are eliminated just like Thanataphobia or Ruin.

Post edited by Seraphor on
  • Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265

im pretty sure if you loop tight enough t1 mike literally can't catch you even without haste

• JdoHybrid428

It's a legitimate build and I and many others 4k with it on indoor and outdoor maps.

• JdoHybrid428

I've played plenty of tier 1 Myers, you can definitely catch people on loops. Even perfectly tight loops.

• Devil_hit11

8% permanent haste is would need to be hex perk. pink bottles on clown with that effect is like yellow bottle+pink bottle on every pink bottle. talk about haste stacking...

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited July 2023

PWYF is 15%

Of course PWYF has a limitation, you get one hit before you have to go gain another charge, but if 8% is too much, then even a 2-token PWYF at 10% is too much as well, that's an entire chase, two hits for two health states.

But I think this mechanic is also a pretty fair limitation. You won't get the maximum speed boost until you've hooked everyone once, and the moment you start 'winning' by eliminating survivors it drops off. It's sort of like Devour Hope, it takes the killer to 'play fair' for the first few hooks, and then gives the killer a powerful effect, which can disappear before endgame, except it is guaranteed to disappear before endgame unlike Devour.

In fact it's almost impossible for this mechanic to be oppressive. The killer cannot have access to it until they've played fair for a minimum of 4 hooks. The killer cannot use it to finish survivors off, and as soon as they start to 'win', it loses power. That sort of perk needs to have a powerful effect like a Hex if it has any chance of getting anywhere near to meta.

• Devil_hit11
    edited July 2023

the thing with pwyf is that it loses 1 stack every time you use majority of killer powers. I am not going to say you cannot use with killer power but it is not beneficial with killer because its timing consuming to get stacks. with 8% haste, huntress and spirit are moving at 118%. those killer are slower because their abilities are supposedly really good. Nurse going from 96% m/s to 104% m/s is close to release nurse that moved at 110% with 3 blinks. that perk removes drawback of certain killer powers and somewhat buffs specific powers related to speed. it might work as a perk but I could only see it as hex perk.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on