Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Playing 110% killers against 113% Survivors

Tunneling is the ONLY way to play DBD, if you don't do it and the team you play against has even a remote knowledge about how to run loops, you will lose to predrops and Shift W. Yea sure you can win against a complete beginner team, but 70% of the time you have to tunnel.

So how the heck did we get to have survivors that are FASTER than killers for 10 seconds straight, after unhooking along with the Endurance status effect? Chasing a 103% as a 110% is already painful enough, that 3% is so strong that makes TL mind games safe as hell for survivors. The "T" 50/50 becomes a guaranteed fake because what otherwise would be a killer hit, now because of the 3% translates to the survivor making it to the "L" safely fast vaulting.

TLDR: 113% is stupid, MFT is stupid, and something needs to be done about this.

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Where did this 113% movement speed come from?

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Tunneling is the ONLY way to play DBD,...

He said so already.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Do you mean 112% with Hope during endgame?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

If someone brings Guardian it's 120% for 8 seconds.

I don't really think this is a big deal though. It's very limited duration and is meant to make sure the survivor has some chance after being unhooked.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,232

Tunneling only beats weak Survivors and soloq, so relying on tunneling to win will win most of people's matches, but will cause a swift loss against anyone with skill. After losing to someone with skill, it will falsely reinforce the idea "I just didn't tunnel hard enough", when the truth is the opposite. Learning how to win without tunneling will improve one's skill in the game against the Survs that actually matter. If Killers crutch on blindly tunneling they will make silly and blatantly false claims just showing they never learned to play the game.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

Have you tried Make Your Choice?

Good? They've just been unhooked.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

Yeah, but at that point you are going to lose anyway.... It just means tunneling won't save you from that.

• DaddyMyers_Mori

Make your choice is valid only on few killers, but it's fun when it works.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

Pair it with the right aura perk, such as Floods of Rage with Lethal Pursuer extension, and you widen the killers who can use it effectively quite a bit.

• Zeita
    Zeita Member Posts: 70

its just the Toxic side of the community purposly dying on hook ect to manipulate the stats to the Developers will Mistakingly Nerf killers giving Toxic bully Sqwads an Unfair Advantage.

ive been playing both Surviver and Killer since 2018.

and certian things are just broken fir survivers.

But alot of things are perfectlt balenced.

Most things are actually pretty balenced.

its just a select few things that when Ran gives the Survivers an unfair Advantage were the killer has to sweat there ass off in order to secure 1 or 2k.

1 of the issues being to many Pallet spawns on Maps.

ive seen pallets spawn within 10 feat of one another as well on Midwich in the Libary.

they need to slightly reduce pallet spawns for some maps.

Pallets werent Deaigned to be Permement guarenteed Safe Spaces/Havens.

they were Designed as a Surviver Utility tool to help them Lose the Killer. survivers had to Relie on there own basekit skill to Crouch and hide and lose the killer. with Perks being support Utilitys as well.

most perks are pretty balenced imo.

but alot of it is Vault Locations and Pallet Spawn Rates

• mizark3

That's why I take the risk to learn something new and how to actually win against them, instead of crutching on something that only kills soloq/newbies. I have reached the point where I can consistently win with Meme perks on Blight/Nurse, 1 gen Slowdown on Ghostface, and 0 gen slowdown on select powerful killers. (I could probably win with 0 gen slowdown on Ghosty, but I like hiding Floods with PR. People catch onto Floods much sooner without PR.) Lose some matches in the short run in order to win far far far more in the long run. I understand some people have a poor ability to recognize delayed gratification, but that is their problem to overcome.

• DaddyMyers_Mori

You still need fast M1 killer for it to be good.

I usually use make your choice mainly on Wraith and Dredge.

Spirit can work too.

Otherwise you need to wait on minimum range possible waiting for unhook, that's highly inefficient.

Dredge can play normally and just teleport back after unhooking.

Wraith can also zoom across the map with addon.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    • Tunnneling is absolutely necessary to win as killer

This just isnt true. I dont tunnel in the vast majority of my games and 2k-4k in almost all of them. Only low tiers need to tunnel to get a 2k. Any other killer just tunnels for an easy 4k that could have been actually earned. If you actually NEED to tunnel to get a 2k-4k on actual decent killers then you just aren't that good at killer.

• Basekit BT + MFT is broken and something must be done

No...? You're the one tunneling off hook. How about you go chase then rescuer? Nobody is forcing you to deal with basekit BT. In fact I'd the same combo is good since it improves anti tunnel. Do you also think that getting SB off hook is broken? They actually gain massive distance on you and you cant just wait out BT if they've got it.

• MFT is stupid

yeah I agree. Its a 20% chase increase while injured for LOSING. Its not like unbreakable where while it only does something for failing, that scenario almost never happens and you have to escape with 3 perks. Except MFT rewards failing in chase with a better chase. absurd.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258
    edited July 2023

BHVR pls pls pls. Do something good to counter tunneling.

The reason - OP's post. It's absurdly unhealthy. Killer that still has 0 game sense, but is boosted, because tunnel. So now "you can't play without tunnel". That's super unhealthy

• DaddyMyers_Mori

Oh right, you think you 4k SWF on level where tunneling is not possible as a Ghost face with 0 slowdown.

Of course you do buddy.... Everyone believes you, don't worry.

I can play and win most of my games without slowdown on my main killers. But I would never dare to say I can do that against competent SWF group. Either stack slowdown to give myself more time or tunnel someone.

If you can 4k with average killer (not top4) SWF without any slowdown or tunneling, then I doubt they were good SWF...

I never go into the game with plan to tunnel, or 3-gen. That's something everyone should decide during the game imo.

Some games need it and some survivors deserve it.

• mizark3

Why are you so worried about the boogeyman of SWF when something like 60% of matches are solo survs. It was only like 5% of matches that are actually 4-mans (and probably only 1/5 of those are even worth worrying about). Even then pressure based slowdown is better than all slowdown other than maybe Pentimento. Penti is 30% slowdown, but if I have a survivor on hook and a survivor in chase, I have effectively 75% slowdown. By maintaining heavy pressure you can have far greater slowdown than the best perks can provide. If your chases are so short due to lethality perks like Enduring, Spirit Fury, Devour Hope, or Bamboozle, then you reach that 75% slowdown (or greater) all the more often.

Ghosty's strength in particular is based on not being in chase. You 99 as many Survs as possible, spend longer approaching from odd angles to get rewarded with a 2s chase. If you are chasing as Ghostface you are playing a different killer entirely, Chaseface, which I would argue Chaseface is worse than both Trapper and even Sadako. Sometimes you have to fake a chase to burn a pallet or force someone else to rescue, but a bog standard M1 chase if the fastest way to lose as Ghosty. Intel perks are ideal to know where people are, and playing Survivor is key to knowing what they should do, and how to intercept or prevent their goals from being reached. Most 4-man SWFs are only a threat when they intentionally force a double M1 hook trade (sending only 1 to rescue) or intentionally leave their friends on hook to 2nd stage. Both of those tactics are exceedingly boring however, and only the sweatiest of teams do that. Luckily I can only remember 1 team EVER that was that sweaty, and the match was over in less than 5 minutes so it really didn't waste my life or ruin my day.

• DaddyMyers_Mori

Try to play after 2 AM, that's when sweat festival begins.

I don't think average SWF are an issue. They are usually mixed skill levels, you just need to pick when to commit.

Thing is you said tunneling will make you hit a wall against good SWF.

You are the one who brought the Boogeyman.

Tunneling doesn't work basically against tournament level squads. Ghost face will get destroyed, especially without slowdown and tunneling.

I agree with you that most groups you face don't really need tunneling. By tunneling I mean getting someone out of the game asap. Like 5 gen tunneling.

I don't really consider tunneling when killer is trying to find someone dead on hook when there is 1 gen left, that simply seems understandable to me.

But if you face your Boogeyman, you better hope to have strong killer and perks. Otherwise it's GG.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    edited July 2023

Is that some incorrect grammar correct or what?

I meant "your"

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730

Lol no I was just referencing your avatar. I did a bad job at trying to be lighthearted.

• DaddyMyers_Mori

No, I am friendly daddy Myers.

Calling me a Boogeyman, such lies...

Definitely ignore the Mori part. Nothing to do with some add-ons we don't talk about.