Idea To Fix Tunnel Vision

Options
Heaphaistos
Heaphaistos Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 4

Tunnel vision is a really toxic behavior in the game, it is unfun and make a lot of frustration for 1 player. I just get too many games with players that get focused so hard that they hand up leaving the game or just giving up.

Even when you try to prevent that behavior by taking damage, body blocking and blinding, most of the time the killer just doesn't give a dam about everything else. So I think we need a feature to punish the killer for this behavior.

Prerequisite to activate the "Anti-Tunnel" buff : The player has 2 hooks, and everyone else has 0 hooks.

(The buff is lost when the killer hooks another survivors.)

So here some idea :

• #1, Each time the focused player receive damage they instead gain endurance with 150% speed for 10seconds .
  • #2, The focused player gain +300% to Wiggle speed and when drop by the killer they are fully healed.
  • #3, When the focused player falls in a dying state, the player is fully healed.
  • #4, Each time the killer damages the focused player, the killer get stunned for 15s.
  • #5, The killer can't interact at all with the focused player.

I really wish the devs set up a solution for the tunnel vision behavior.

Comments

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

What if the focused player try to body block or try to take a hit?

• Squippit
    Squippit Member Posts: 89
    Options

I suppose they'd just lose collision at that point. They really ought not to be putting themselves in harm's way x)

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

How often people actually see 3 hook total tunneling?

It's so long since I have seen it. Most of tunneling I see is simply understandable for me.

Either my teammates screwed it and created situation, where it's simply too easy to tunnel someone, or it's 1-2 gens left.

But kill is usually around 6-7 hooks total.

• Squippit
    Squippit Member Posts: 89
    Options

At 6-7 hooks left I wouldn't really call it tunneling

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 580
    Options

No,

Potential gen speed is too fast for that.

• Heaphaistos
    Options

It's not about win in this situation, I'm talking about fun. The fact that the killer can just focus one player because of X reason, make the game really unfun when it happen. Even though for some players this is a rare case, this behavior is truly toxic.

It could be anything... The devs can try to make it more appealing for the killer to not tunnel focus.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,152
    Options

The entire point of the killer role is to kill survivors. There is nothing toxic about killers playing the game.

• Heaphaistos
    Options

So one survivor can play the match for only ~5 min because of this behavior. Sound really fun...

Also, we all know the killer has to kill the survivors, I mean it is self explanatory...But that doesn't mean the killer should just tunnel focus and make the game unpleasant for one survivor.

(A situation where one survivor has two hooks, early game, and the killer is still chasing them is what I am referring to.)

• Crowman
    Options

It's not the killers job to make sure you have enough "fun" before dying.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,414
    Options

Nope, that won´t work.

I play both roles at a medium range i would say.

Even if getting tunneled is very stressful and "unfun" you have to learn to deal with this - or any - behaviour. Even if your teammates "don´t do anything".

As killer you also have to endure the stress if the survs team is better.

This is intended to be a game for adults which should be able to handle this (.....)

It is the same that you can´t turn a real sport game into "fun for everyone". One side always loses.

• Heaphaistos
    Options

Oh i know, it's not the killer's job to make sure we had enough fun... That is why I ask the developers for a solution, so that the toxic player does not act in such behavior.

The issue is not about the killer , it about the player behind the killer.

Tunnel Focus is not a healthy way to play.

• Crowman
    Options

Again the killer is not toxic for killing you when it is their sole objective.

It would be like saying that survivors repairing generators is toxic and that bhvr should remove that ability from survivors.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,414
    Options

In my opinion there are far less toxic players than a lot always call them.

As Crowman said it is the killers goal to kill you. That is not toxic. Only some players reaaallly want to win.

It is only a speciality of this game that you feel very engaged and very emotional if you get destroyed - no matter if killer or surv.