We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Why is there no killer disconnect bot ?

Murgleïs
Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,068

Why will it be only for survivors ?

And don’t tell me it’s not fun to play against bots because that is what killers will have to do.

Comments

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,068
    edited July 2023

Then end the game for everyone early on when a survivor DC and increase the penalty.

The game is going to be even longer with the new bots. Now survivors will be expected to try with bots and killers to chase and hooks them.

That’s actually a good point.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    edited July 2023

Regardless of BHVR implementing killer bots in live games or not I'm pretty they want to implement them in custom games, so yeah it's probably more of a heavy workload and technical issue than a dilemma about making people play against bots in live mode.

Even survivor bots took a long time to come and are far from being perfect, so I wouldn't expect killer bots anytime soon tbh (besides the baby Trapper in tutorial mode).

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

survivor bots aren't intended to be a punishment for the killer, they are helping the remaining survivors.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,117
    edited July 2023

Your biggest problem with a killer bot is being a killer is far more involved from a bot point of view than a survivor.

As a survivor your game is a relatively simple one. Your immediate goal is to keep yourself alive, in chase your skill test as a survivor is "What is my best option to stay alive right now?". There are a lot of high level thought and skill to apply to this ofc, but at it's core, it's a simple question. To sum up your game as survivor: if the killer is in range, run and keep yourself alive. If not then do a generator. If a player gets hooked, have one (maybe two) players to go pull off hook, heal, then return to the original plan. This, as simple as it is, if every survivor sticks to it and does reasonably well at staying alive vs. the killer, is pretty much your route to victory.

As a killer your game is far more complex. Your goal is to keep all 4 survivors away from doing gens and down/hook them 3 times each before they succeed in repairing them all. Of course, it's not possible to keep 4 survivors off gens at the same time while also trying to down and hook them, so it's a constant game of questions and risk management. How skilled is this survivor compared to me? Are there a lot of strong loops/pallets/windows nearby? Even weak ones ones, do I need to mind game or can I chase in bloodlust and catch up? Either way, can you catch this survivor in a reasonable time? Have you committed for too long? Does my Killer power swing this in my favour, and how? I secured that hook, where are the other survivors now and what are they doing? Do I camp this hook and catch someone coming in? Do I defend my gens, and if so which gens are more important? How many gens have been done, and which gens are important for me to defend right now? How long have survivors likely been on them? Can I make it there in time, or is it gonna pop before I arrive? Is that still worth it if I can find and start chasing someone else? Who is closer to being dead on hook, therefore is a bigger problem for survivors if their team does nothing help them stay alive?

Survivor bots work, because their simple game plan is actually reasonably effective. A simple game plan for killer, as in run at gens, and chase who you see... is a really bad plan that will lose the game easily.

Killer bots would have to do what a lot of games do, and subvert a large number of game mechanics to simplify their behaviour to mitigate a lot of these questions and cripple the ability to run the killer bot around while everyone else gen rushes, e.g.: -

• Pretty much to give them wall hacks/omnipotence so they can always find survivors and always get into chase quickly, and also slug if a survivor is hanging about for a pallet/flashlight save.
    • Have them be pretty darned deadly in reading and pathing loops and avoiding pallet stuns (basically being scripters).
    • Have complete knowledge of gen states (and likely a web of nearby gens to ensure they pose some level of understanding of defence priority), prioritising those gens that are in the middle of the map to try and ensure a decent 3 gen set up.

On top of that, you have to tweak each AI with relation to the killer they are playing and what their add-ons are. Killer bots would be a nightmare to create without making them a complete putz that just gets bumrushed constantly... to the point you would have to make them busted as hell just to even try and keep up. It'd be cool if they could do it effectively... but you have to acknowledge the difficulty and feasibility of doing so.

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Would take years for them to make 1-2 killer bots but 32? Not going to happen.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

BHVR has already stated that killer bots will be coming into custom matches at some point, and it wouldn't surprise me if they too eventually take over for a disconnecting killer player.