The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

GIVE US A DO NOT MATCH AGAIN OPTION!

EEP
EEP Member Posts: 39
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

In general I like this game. But I am so sick of the toxic players. We need a do not match again option. Give those who get to a certain threshold of do not match again requests their own little server where they can play with other people who like play like them. And yes I play survivor more then killer but this should be implemented for both sides. I've had my share of toxic survivors as a killer. I also know the famous killer main statement of "get good" is coming but ya know what... camping, slugging and tunneling does not make you a good killer. It's nothing to be proud of. Side note, Survivors also get toxic survivors on their team.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• EEP
    EEP Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2023

Let me clarify, my rant is on toxic gameplay not toxic behavior thankfully I don't have a game chat so the only time I deal with that is here with the community. My response to the statements of the "rules don't say you can't do that" is just because the rules don't say you can't trip someone during a race does not mean it's not toxic way to play.

Post edited by EEP on
  • NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Eventually everyone will end up here cause dbd players would report anyone they lose against.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,350

If they ever added a do not match with feature everyone's queue times are going to be long, because the dbd playbase calls basically everything toxic.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

"Toxic gameplay" is even less of a reason. The DBD-Community is super-sensitive, basically everything classifies as toxic which is not liked by the player claiming that it is toxic.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,863

I really need to stop coming to this forum.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

While yes camping slugging and tunneling by themselves don't make you good... It's when to know to apply those strategies that make you good. Because if playing off people constantly swarming or staying out in the open doing no gens doesn't make you camp then that's just losing out of an opportunity to make 3 people be doing nothing.

• Eleo
    Eleo Member Posts: 25

Yes indeed before we can discuss this topic we must first define, "what does it truly mean to be 'toxic'???" Only then can we reach the truth.

OP's point is some players display poor sportsmanship and they want to avoid those players, some of y'all are super pedantic

If the response is "basically no one would want to play against each other" then maybe there's something big wrong with the game

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

In a perfect world where people actually reserved the use of such a function for genuinely unpleasant people (and cheaters, obviously), I'd 100% agree.

But this is a world where some believe it's straight up evil to click on the invite friends button in the survivor lobby or click on the portrait of the Nurse or Blight, so it wouldn't work.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,399

I've said before that we should all have a limited block list - so maybe like 7 block spaces to block 7 people. So that way people aren't blocking willy-nilly, and if they are then theyll have to eventually remove someone from block when they want to block someone new. I have a note in my note app of people I don't want to play with and there's only 2 people on it. But it'd be nice if I could have just blocked them in game, especially since they can just change their username and I'll have no idea.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,738

Some of us are somewhat ok. Almost sane most of the time. Sort of.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,863

There definitely are a lot of wholesome people on here but the ones that make posts like these are a much louder group.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

If they add this I give it 2 days till someone either complains they can't find the person they matched with to get revenge, or that someone can't find a game because they blocked everybody/get too hard/easy game because they blocked everyone at their level

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

Overwatch already tried something like this,turns out people just kept avoiding good players and those good players started getting massive queue times.You do NOT ever want to punish people for being good at your game.

Currently they have an "avoid as teammate" option limited to a couple people,DBD shouldn't go further than this either.It also means it would be a system killers can't use.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,215

I agree with this, but I think 7 might be too much in smaller population areas. 5 would probably be fine enough. Also I do the same with avoiding the same Anonymous P13 Feng who killed the entire team in the last soloq match, but we currently don't know who the Killer is. This personal block/ban allows for preventing rematching with a jerk, as opposed to revealing who the Killer player is (and potentially giving away their perks/Killer choice/etc.). I know some people say "then SWF gets 4 times the bans!", but that could be fixed by only using the lobby leader's bans.

That shouldn't be a problem if the number is small enough. Even then, the most frequent use is to stop playing with the person who does the equivalent of the schoolground kid saying they are immune to everything. No one wants to play with them, and in real life you can physically avoid those anti-social people/behaviors. Online though, we need these type of protections to ensure people follow basic human decency.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited July 2023

Basically I can ask the game to not match me with anyone who beats me and can circumvent MMR by blocking players of similar skill to only get matched with players who frequently fail to win against me.

This is a great idea!

• Arkren
    Arkren Member Posts: 10

im ok with this change but would change the people that go to a different server, i would do it so that the people tha complain too many times about other players by pressing that button are the ones that go to their particular server, full of whiners like them, once there if you keep complaining by pushing the button you simply stay there more and more time, while the others get to go to the real server after a while. of course there would be not info that you are on the different server or the time that you have to stay in it,

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,917

And what would cause them not to ban every player that is better at the game than then?