Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Ready Up Lobby issues with SWF

Folix
Folix Member Posts: 1

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Stay in menu and await invite from friend, or Play as survivor and invite friends through steam or through DBD (by pressing the plus button on the shaded out survivor in the lobby)

Step 3 : If receiving invite, load into lobby (usually as normal), or wait for my friends to join the lobby from my invite.

Step 4 : Once we are all in the lobby, we all ready up. On one of our screens, which is random regardless of invite order or host, not all of us will appear readied up. Usually all but one person will be ready on someone screen, but everyone elses screen will show we are all readied up

Step 5: If we wait like this, everyone but the person experiencing the bug will load into a lobby. If I try to refresh by leaving the lobby and getting reinvited, I either join and the issue persists (sometimes to a new person), or it takes a unusually long time to join the lobby, only for the join to fail and it boot me back to lobby.

Additional information

This issue began yesterday. I always SWF with the same people and have for the last 6 months with no issues whatsoever. I usually SWF with 2 others (3 total)

We all play on DBD for Steam on the PC, and are all located in Australia

None of us are using cheats, VPN's or any other form of 3rd party software aside from discord.

This bug does NOT effect solo queuing or killer games, nor the game itself. Just the lobby screen.

The bug first occurred to a friend playing DBD for the first time, and happened in duo lobbies. When trying to play with them in a 4 SWF, it started effecting us weather they were in the lobby or not. I dont think they in specific caused this problem, its just coincidence.

All have tried verifying integrity of game files, updating windows and drivers, and the person who originally had the bug did a reinstall of the game, but it did not fix it.

This is extremely frustrating as this bug will not allow us to play SWF. It happens less common with duo, but we have only successfully played 1 trio game before the bug occured again. After loading into the lobby at the end of the game, one person remained on my screen as 'in a match', even though they werent, and stayed that way until they joined a new game.

The picture attatched shows in the bottom corner how 2 people on my screen were unreadied, even though on theirs it showed us all being ready. Sometimes it will not display the 'looking for a match' on my screen, despite it doing so for them.

4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 248
    edited July 2023

I have experienced this too. I was not the one having the issue, but another person in my SWF lobby was having this issue every other match

• Doubleagent
    Doubleagent Member Posts: 7

having same problem on steam. i use my friend account on my pc and it was working fine and i gave my account to a friend , he is facing same issue from my account into his pc so the issue is with account.

• Doubleagent
    Doubleagent Member Posts: 7

having exactly 100% the same issue with me

• L1keZo1nks
    L1keZo1nks Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I have the same issue while playing on the Steam version. Whenever I solo queue I have no problem joining a game. I have tried both reinstalling and verifying game files and I still have the issue. I'm new to the game so I'm hoping this gets fixed soon so I can play with my friends.

• Moby
    Moby Member Posts: 11

yup same

• AceHuman
    AceHuman Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    edited January 17

Me and a friend on xbox have been experiencing this issue on for 3 months now. Still happening today and it didnt even fix itself by restarting twice.