The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nurse.

E4GLE
E4GLE Member Posts: 2
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello. I am here to suggest a simple Nurse change that can finally make her not super overpowered anymore.

Here is the change:

Nurse can no longer blink through walls (could include pallets), but nurse now has default killer movement speed.

This change will no longer make her an SS tier killer, but still maybe an A+ tier killer and make her not completely reliant on her power to get hits.

Thank you for your time.

Post edited by E4GLE on

Comments

• loki1337
    loki1337 Member Posts: 26

Learn how to play against the nurse. You suggest just destroying her abilities just because you can't run away from her. Nurse is not an all-powerful killer, she is good ONLY in good hands. Trust me, I have 66P on nurse, and 90% of the nurse players you meet will be no problem for you if you know how to run away from her at least a little bit. It takes a lot of experience to really cool playing as a nurse, just like for any other S-A tier killer.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Let me tell you why that won't end well.

A nurse will charge at you like a bull as a regular killer. You'll have to drop a pallet or vault a window. She'll blink through (since she's not going through a solid wall), and you'll get hit with 0 counterplay

• loki1337

Probably because she can teleport from her will not help boards and windows?) The principle of the game against her is completely different, experienced players know and know it, and you can only ask that the developers fixed the killer against which you are difficult to run.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

This would absolutely gut nurse. Her power would be completely useless without 3 blinks, and be far too punishing for its power.

Nurse isnt even overpowered. That stopped being the case in 6.5.0, like 5 months ago. She has counterplay and is arguable (ARGUABLY) weaker than blight.

• loki1337

In fact, only bad players for nurse need 3 blinks to play well for her. With 2 blinks you just need to have experience with the game and that will be enough. Currently the nurse has an addon that adds an extra blink but it makes the cooldown longer than 9 seconds which is too long for a nurse. Anyway she will always be strong in good hands and weak in bad hands.

• E4GLE
    E4GLE Member Posts: 2

I get it, you're a nurse player and you love that she has always been SS tier and very easy to get wins. But her kit is old and should be changed. Nurse completely ignores the common dbd chase mechanics of all other killers. Even after the updates and nerfs, she is still at the very top of killer rankings. My time playing Nurse has been too easy and too forgiving. "She is only good in good hands" is just wrong nowadays. Once you understand her simple kit and are even just average, you will still perform better than most killers. She should be reworked.

• loki1337

For some reason I don't see a 70% winrate in the nurse.... a lot of killers have a much higher winrate than a nurse. At low mmr the nurse is really too strong, but at high mmr you will find that all survivors are quietly running 2-3 generators away from you. Why is that? It's not enough to just learn how to use the ability. You need to predict and read your opponent, dose the distance of each blink, play off the fake actions of survivors and much more. At first when I first learned to use the nurse ability I also thought it was too strong, that but then I realized it wasn't. Nurse has a speed of 3.8 and you must always use the ability and you must do it correctly and with knowledge of what you are doing. Who cares if nurse is on top of the rankings? There will always be someone who is the strongest and at the top of the rankings and every such killer needs to be fixed? Only windows and boards don't work against the nurse, if all you can do as a survivor is drop boards and jump into windows, the nurse is really too strong for you.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

If the survivors you are winning every single game with a 4k thats the survivors fault. Nurse does fundamentally change the way DBD is played. Which is good, I thought we liked variety and uniqueness in this community. The problem is that its so radically different that most players will never really learn how to play against her. None of your looping skill transfers over so thats out the window. Unless you are in the top 5% MMR, where its constantly nurse blight wesker, then you wont have a reason to learn her. You wont be facing her often enough for it to be worth your time. So most players just end up calling her overpowered because they dont understand her counterplay.

The problem isnt nurse, its incompetent survivors.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
    edited July 2023

So make her a worse demodoggi or wesker?

Thats unnecessary. Your idea sucks.

• Worgen
    Worgen Member Posts: 67

just slow down her blink speed, or make a longer cooldown after a missed attack. thats it

• Lovely_Peaches
    Lovely_Peaches Member Posts: 8

idk i think nurse is fine as she is, shes so easy to play aganist if you know how...

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

Give up on Nurse remake.

Even BHVR don't know how to fix that