Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

For/Against Removing The DC Penalties When DC Bots Get Introduced?

13»

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Considering that I've seen complaints about every aspect of the game being unfun, that's not really something you can do.

Simply put, if you are finding yourself consistently not enjoying DBD then go play something else. No reason to stick around and rage quit every game that doesn't go perfectly.

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685

“then go play something else” yeah thanks for the great advice. Going up vs toxic players but when i dont enjoy it its my fault and i should play something else.

• EmmaFrostyEyes

Again, Not saying dc penalties should be removed because we need them. But like i don’t understand people that just want to make the punishments we already have hasher. Why on earth should i just sit there on the hook with a bubba is camping me. Why on earth should i sit there on the ground when the killer wants to force bleedouts. Why shouldn’t i just miss both skill check after a wesker tunnels me off the hook at 5 or 4 gens?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

You know, I wouldnt have thought that someone agreed to my jest when i saw Ive been quoted.

I personally think though, even if the BP compensation may be questionable, the killer should be notified theyve been left with bots and be asked if they wish to continue or end the trial instantly.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I can assure you, I'm not in my thirties lol

I think we shouldn't let people know when they're playing against bots until the match is over.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    edited July 2023

You should sit there on the hook, because if you D/C or sac yourself, you’ve taken 2+ minutes of objective time away from your teammates. You queued into the only team role in the game—you should feel obligated to help the team escape.

If you can’t take one for the team, you need to acknowledge that while the game can be fun, most of the time it is not…or acknowledge that you’re not a team player, and you either need to work on yourself or go play a different game.

All that said, BHVR should definitely address the elements of DBD that players use to torment their opponent.

You should consider, however, that some elements (such as sitting on a hook for up to 2 minutes) are problems that may have no real solution.

Sitting on the hook is like being a benchwarmer. You’re probably doing it because you’re the weak link, but you love the game and your team is going to need you at some point so you endure.

• EmmaFrostyEyes

“You queued into the only team role in the game—you should feel obligated to help the team escape.” Yeah i have done that before. I have held on for 2 minutes while a bubba is camping. You know what i got out of it? Nothing. No bloodpoints, depip and overall a boring experience. i play on console so i cant even get a “thank you” from my teammates

“you either need to work on yourself or go play a different game” nah sorry thats bs. What should happen is bhvr should fix stupid mechanics get rid of unfun. It’s definitely my fault that i dont find getting face camped fun. Its my fault that i find being slugged for 4 minutes on the ground fun. The game is fun when its normal win or lose. It is not fun when you get an ######### as your opponent. This is a casual party video game. Not a competitive one. You dont sign contracts to stay in games either like facecamping bubba games.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited July 2023

Not everyone have that much time. Some people have time for 2 - 3 matches and maybe they don't wanna waste it against these killers?

Camping and tunnelling are clearly issues, BHVR should fix them. Because killer player is not letting other players to play game in cases like that.

• KayTwoAyy

I'm not going to pretend like I've never felt underappreciated as a teammate--as if all of my efforts were for naught. That is the nature of playing a team game; you a win and you lose AS A TEAM. Great players will succeed as a result of their efforts, and they will also lose despite their achievements.

How you handle that defeat is a reflection of your character.

Call this a "casual party game" all you want, but you're clearly not having a party playing it, and the players you are facing are putting in an effort to beat you. Nothing you can say or do will ever change that latter fact.

What is the catalyst that will get you to stop playing this game? Evidently you are not enjoying it, and logical people stop doing things they do not enjoy. It is noble that you would endure so much pain, to be a statistic in BHVR's data logs, but at some point you need to walk away.

If you don't have a lot of free time in your day, why would you waste it gambling on having a good time playing DBD? It does not make any sense.

There are so many other amazing games you could be playing that you will enjoy every time you sit down to play it.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

So you are deciding what game is fun or not? Maybe they love horror multiplayer and DbD is best choice for this? Now you will tell them go and play Minecraft?

Makes sense? No.

• KayTwoAyy

What makes sense is that people don't waste their time doing things that make them miserable.

It doesn't matter how much you enjoy the horror genre, if every time you engage with it you feel awful--the same can be said about literally anything else in life.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 335

So it's their fault for being slugged and getting facecamped on hook?

Also, I doubt it's because they were a "weak link", there are way too many killers that will tunnel to tunnel, or, bleed out or face camp to be toxic or think they're in for an easy 4k. I have seen so many killers mindlessly attempt to tunnel people better than them, and often times will stand there and watch them bleed out or camp them on hook hitting their body until timer runs out.

And most of the time, killers fail to apply pressure slugging and struggle doing so.

I have legit ran a killer for basically 3 gens before and when they finally caught me, guess what? I was getting camped on hook, teammates go for a save, killer tries tunneling me. You can't just tell someone to play another game if the current one is making them miserable. Blame the mechanics being too easy to abuse for malice with little punishment.

Killers putting in effort to win =/= being toxic

"Taking one for the team" works when you're buying your team time to escape, but getting bled out or just face camped on hook til timer runs out is not excusable behavior.

• KayTwoAyy

You can’t just tell someone to play another game if the current one is making them miserable

Buddy, it sounds like you’re struggling with the same addiction they are. The same one that I struggled with for several years.

It is not healthy to chase dopamine highs. If I can’t make anyone here realize that, I hope someone else can get you all the help you need.

I love DBD and I wish BHVR all the success in the world. But I cannot in good faith recommend y’all keep playing the game

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363

I think the best option would be to restructure the DC penalty so the first two or so DCs have no penalty (maybe you really had a bad match or two with someone who was slugging you to death or whatever) but then there's a harsher penalty after the first few DCs

• Pulsar

Okay, consider this. DBD is now a victim of it's own success.

If you get burnt out of COD, you can play Battlefield.

If you get burnt out of fortnite, you can swap to Apex.

If you get burnt out of DBD, you can play....DBD. There are no other games like DBD to turn to if you get fed up with DBD. DBD's success has killed all the competition off.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

That doesn't mean the idea of not playing a game you don't like atm is not correct.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 335

I am addicted to this game, yes, but that was not what I was getting at. You can't tell someone to play another game if they're not happy with this one when they're a victim to bad actors. Things will never get fixed that way.

• Pulsar

I didn't say it was.

I explained why it's difficult to not play DBD. You can love the game, but there's just nothing like it on the market, no other game to turn to.

• KayTwoAyy

Maybeee....?

I actually think it works to BHVR's benefit that DBD has no real competition.

Mathieu felt comfortable recommending players go "play something else" like Civilization, all those years ago, because he knew BHVR was sitting on a unique player experience that couldn't be had anywhere else online. Players can walk away from the game, and unless they are genuinely tired with the format/game mode/what-ever-you-wanna-call-it, they will come back to Dead by Daylight.

If people are tired of DBD, they shouldn't look for something similar to DBD. They should explore other genres, and return to DBD when they're emotionally recharged.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 314

I meant in the sense of having bots replacement. I agree as of right now the DC penalty shouldn't be removed but with a replacement, lets see how bad it would be if bots took over a game someone didn't want to be in. Because right now if someone doesn't want to be in a game, they will run to the killer, stay on the ground slugged doing nothing, hide, or try to kill themselves on the hook. If someone tries to save them from killing themselves on hook, they will drop every pallet or mess up every skill check on purpose. I would rather that person DC and be replaced by a bot. Is that better for the health of this game? I don't know. If bots are worse than that, then yeah I'm all for DC penalty staying the same.

• jayoshi

I meant in the sense of having bots replacement. I agree as of right now the DC penalty shouldn't be removed but with a replacement, lets see how bad it would be if bots took over a game someone didn't want to be in. Because right now if someone doesn't want to be in a game, they will run to the killer, stay on the ground slugged doing nothing, hide, or try to kill themselves on the hook. If someone tries to save them from killing themselves on hook, they will drop every pallet or mess up every skill check on purpose. I would rather that person DC and be replaced by a bot. Is that better for the health of this game? I don't know. If bots are worse than that, then yeah I'm all for DC penalty staying the same.

• jayoshi