No mither + plot twist shouldn't get rid of Corrupt Intervention

Options

Corrupt can be a very essential perk to having a great start of the match for some killers. I think that corrupt shouldn't be removed from Plotwist and No Mither because it is a one-time perk use it has nothing except slowing down the beginning of the game.

You may ask then why is distortion allowed against Lethal?

This is perfectly fine because lethal has two effects which are showing you the exact locations of survivors at the start of the match and extending the aura reading of other perks which can be really strong for you in the information department.

This is how corrupt intervention works right now at the time this post was made.

• Suggested changes
  1. Make it so the first survivor put into the dying state by the killers m1 or m2 end Corrupt Intervention and not a survivor

Maybe we don't change the perk corrupt at all and we just make it so that No Mither and Plottwist don't work together. Just like how the new perk Scene Partner perk that comes with Nic cages as well doesn't work with calm spirit because it removes the screams.

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

1/8 perk completely countering 1/4 perk, without any interaction between two.

A perk being meme/weak doesn't really mean it should be allowed to completely disable single killer perks at only half a survivor's cost.

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233
    Options

I mean, you can make Corrupt have an interaction where the killer must down the Survivor by their own hand, but it really is not that big of an issue that'll arise, especially in solo queue. Not to mention, there's Lethal as an alternative to an early game perk and would basically help you find that No Mither Survivor easier; even if they run Distortion, you know most of that person's perks right off the bat.

• WiseTraveler
    WiseTraveler Member Posts: 110
    Options

@Hex_iButt If someone does this in a match and they know where to hide you ain't gonna find them because they make noise because of the perk. By no means is Plot twist a weak perk it's like a self-choice unbreakable it can change scenarios of matches. Plus not all killers gonna want lethal, not everyone gonna use multiple aura perks to get the full value of it and simply killers don't go the speed or the surprise aspect to use lethal to get a good start. corrupt is good because it's an actual slowdown. Those two perks remove the aspect in what is the reason you use the perk.

• jeffkillsyou96
    jeffkillsyou96 Member Posts: 249
    Options

I don’t understand how this combo has anything to do with CI

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 806
    Options

Corrupt is not worth running tbh. Better running Lethal.

Corrupt deactivates once someone is downed. No Mither and Plot Twist let's you down yourself thus removing Corrupt.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I cant believe I never even thought of this.

Survivors are so damn evil lmao.

• jeffkillsyou96
    jeffkillsyou96 Member Posts: 249
    Options

Really I didn’t know that part happened that’s dumb and shouldn’t be a thing

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233
    Options

Plot Twist isn't a weak perk at all, but is it really worth it to make a gamble with No Mither to counter one singular perk? Only if you're in a coordinated team maybe; solo queue players are not going to be doing this on the regular. You may not find the guy responsible for killing Corrupt, but your main focus should be finding the other players who are doing gens.The combo is a meme and that Survivor is effectively removing themselves from being useful while on the ground. Using it as a self-reset tool when the game is going south is going to be the best way to use Plot Twist.

Not every killer will want to run Lethal, just like not every killer will want to run Corrupt. Not every Trapper will want to set up in the early game with Corrupt, and will instead go for a full endgame focused build, not using the perk at all.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 527
    Options

Oh noez, the No Mither meta is upon us! The End is Nigh!

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    edited July 2023
    Options