Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Playstation trophy bug

fercooni
fercooni Member Posts: 2

Any trophy you made progress towards, doubles by the initial amount after you launch and load into the game and keeps doubling each time you launch the game.

4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Legion_S_Tier
    Legion_S_Tier Member Posts: 34

Really unfortunate as well, i was happy that my ps4 trophies came to ps5 but I like the grind for achievements and now I’m getting them for free

• fercooni
    fercooni Member Posts: 2

I have 210 trophies done legitimately, and now notice people on my friends list abusing this bug by relaunching the game non stop many of them popped platinum trophies already

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

I kept getting a trophy every time I loaded in (since yesterday?), and thought they were just ones that I had earned on ps4 - but I just got the "Swirling Death" trophy from the Huntress and I knew I haven't thrown 1000 hatches. I'm guessing this is what it is - I was afraid someone was playing on my account or something.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

For science, I tested this and I noticed that I got an extra 6 added to the progress of one of the trophies every time the game said "Initialisation Completed". The same number that I had originally. I then went in and got an extra 1 by playing the game. After restarting it then started to added another 7.

So the game recognises how many times you legitimately progress a trophy, whether that progression was on PS4 or PS5 and it doesn't matter whether you earned your progress before or after the bug. It always knows the genuine number.

It also doesn't seems to affect the newer trophies. My Singularity and Nicolas Cage progression hasn't increased due to the bug.

• Killer_Queen
    Killer_Queen Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2023

I thought it was just giving the trophies on PS5 that you already achieved on PS4, mostly this is true for me.

Also combining progress between PS4 and PS5 which is nice.

• Jeshthemesh
    Jeshthemesh Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Frankly its kinda upsetting it feels like im not earning the trophys im scared to open the game as i want to actually earn the trophys now it feels like im just cheating by simply opening the game