Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - Missing characters

lostlocker
lostlocker Member Posts: 13
edited August 2023 in Bug Reporting

I'm missing characters since this new chapter release . Last time it happened, it happened to previous Stadia users (which I am).

I'm missing The Onryo, Nemesis, Executioner, Oni, the Cannibal, and Mikaela, Leon, Yui, Yun, Cheryl, Ashley, to name a few.

Post edited by BoxGhost on
3 votes

Not a Bug · Last Updated

This looks like an account issue, if you still require assistance please ask other forum users in the Ask the Community sub section as we do not offer technical support on this forum.

Comments

• CaptCaddburry
    CaptCaddburry Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2023

I redownloaded the game today to play after not playing for roughly 2 months and I've lost all my characters. I had previously purchased the Ultimate Edition and a ton of chapters on Stadia before the servers and the store were taken down. I also made sure to sync my Stadia account with my Steam account, so I know that isn't the issue. But now, I have nothing, except the defaults from the base game.

I also opened a support case with BHVR to see what's going on, but that is just within the past hour. I really hope I don't have to repurchase all these expansions again.

• xrayatom
    xrayatom Member Posts: 12

I also am having the same problem that I had last time. Missing ALL characters previously purchased while on Statia. They fixed it last time, which was a little over a month ago, only to have it break again. I guess another support ticket is in order for me too.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913

We already have several threads about this, but sure. They were still missing earlier today, but I'll check again. Been too lazy to file a support ticket yet.

I also noticed that some of my cosmetics are missing.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday

Yeah, all still missing.

• xrayatom

Same. They were a little faster on the fix last time. Maybe because the anniversary was starting up.

• lostlocker
    lostlocker Member Posts: 13

Characters still missing for me also

• Tulsic
    Tulsic Member Posts: 4

Popping in to this thread as well to say I am also still missing characters from my Stadia transfer.

• JMNB
    JMNB Member Posts: 2

I also have been missing characters, (31 in total- both killers and survivors) , since the latest update on July 25. I was also a previous Stadia player and now play on Steam & my accounts are merged. The first time I had this issue was the last update, and it was fixed pretty quickly. It's the same characters missing with this update, but as of July 31, they are still missing.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday

Been without my favorite characters for five days now.

Almost had all my killers and survivors P3'd. Just waiting to get Haddie back.

C'mon, guys. I spent, like, $25 on those Attack on Titan killer skins, and I don't even watch the show...

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    edited July 2023

Support just now responded to the ticket I sent in June when this first happened.

Our only hope is that the devs see our forum posts and fix it again somehow.

EDIT: And their answer was basically, "Please give us more information next time. Your ticket is now closed. Were you satisfied with your experience?"

• xrayatom

@hailxsatanxeveryxday I wonder if it'd be easier to just give the old Stadia users with this problem codes for the DLC in Steam, instead of fixing this issue every update or having to accommodate for old Stadia support. I could see that as borderline sketchy from the company viewpoint though, and I'm not sure if we'd lose character progress.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday

It appears that character progress is linked to the account separately from the DLC/characters unlocked since we didn't lose any progress last time this happened, and I still very clearly have the red backgrounds from P3ing them before that one big update even though they're grayed out and I can't play them.

But I think the bigger issue is that you can't, as a developer, just generate free infinite Steam codes for whatever reason. Also, I'm pretty sure some of those DLCs might come with extra cosmetics that I didn't pay for since I bought some of the characters with auric cells - not that I'd complain much if I got cosmetics for free.

I just wanna play Michael again.

• fogsten69
    fogsten69 Member Posts: 1

Had the same thing happen to me and my friend. This was the first time since we enabled cross progression with Stadia back in January that we've had this issue. Behaviour has only said they're looking into it. Lost a P72 Mikayla and a 5-10 other P3 or higher survivors. Just want to play my main again :(

This discussion has been closed.