Is the 1st resident evil chapter worth it?

Just wondering because there is a sale on playstation and since it is licenced you need to spend money. Any advice would be appreciated. Also if you disagree it would be very helpful if you left some recomendations for other chapters. Thanks :).

Answers

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 465

Are you looking to buy the entire chapter or just certain characters?

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

get the whole chapter its better value both jill and Leon have fun perks like blast mine and flashbang while nemesis is a decent killer with good perks

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

I'd say so, yes. It depends if you play killer or survivor- I'd say killer gets more out of this chapter than survivor, but it's not nothing on either side.

Killer gets a pretty strong killer, one incredible perk, one decent perk, and one kind of okay perk. No real failures here.

You do get two survivors which is a higher density, but the quality of the perks isn't quite consistent. Leon has two strong perks, one of which is a very fun active perk in Flashbang, and one decent perk to help track generators. Jill has weaker perks that are all still usable, and Blast Mine is an especially fun perk as well.

All in all a pretty solid all-rounder chapter, imo.

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 465

Alright so I'll do my best

Nemesis: good killer, power is similar to Myers (The Shape) you want to get infection levels fast.

Nemesis perks: Lethal Persuer and Eruption are really good perks, highly recommend. Hysteria is an ok kind of perk

Lethal shows the aura of all survivors at the beginning of the match, and it extends all aura reading from any source by 2 seconds. Eruption marks gens after kicking them, once you down a survivor any affected gens explodes and loses 10% of progress and the survivors aura is shown for 12 seconds. Hysteria causes all other injured survivors to suffer from the oblivious effect fpr 30 seconds after injuring a healthy survivor.

Leon's perks: Bite the bullet is a decent perk, no noise while healing. Flashbangs are kinda like flashlights, they are useful if you know how to use them. Rookie Spirit is kinda underrated, it allows you to see the aura of any gens that are regressing.

Jill's perks: Counter force allows you to clense totems faster and shows the aura of furthest totem from you. Resurgence allows you to gain 50% healing progress instantly after being unhooked, but since there seems to be a sloppy butcher meta I would stay away from this perk. Blast Mine allows you to install trap on a gen, when the killer kicks the gen they are blinded and stunned.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Depends if you play both roles or not.

For killer Nemmy is a solid B tier killer that's good at at antiloop with his tentacle whip and pretty good 1v1 but mediocre 1v4 due to how unreliable his zombies are. His perks are solid too with Lethal Pursuer being one of the best killer perks in the game, eruption is a decent gen regression perk and hysteria is his only bad perk.

For survivors it's a different story, Blast Mine from Jill is the only perk that's actually good. Her other perks Counterforce and Resurgence are both very mediocre we're not in a hex meta for counterforce to be worth it (and even if we were detective's hunch is generally better) and Resurgences doesn't create enough value to be worth running. As for Leon flashbang is fun but almost never works unless you run it with Head On. Bite the Bullet can be good when it works but is very situational and Rookie Spirit....is a perk that exists I guess. I suppose it's alright for soloQ but even then it's very meh.

So overall you're getting a decent killer with one great perk one good perk and a bad perk. Along with 6 survivor perks only 1 of which is good along with one meme perk, one kind of okay sometimes perk and three bad perks. I'll let you evaluate on your own if that sounds worth it to you or not.