Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Ghostface sticks out too far when leanstalking

rororoxor
rororoxor Member Posts: 182
edited July 2023 in Bug Reporting

-pc

-before the 7.1.0 update, you could lean stalk while being decently hidden. Now you are much more visible and revealable even when leaning from behind cover. Your model just sticks out way more than it used to. In fact, when you're leaning, survivors can see you before you even see them, I've tested this in KYF extensively. This makes some tiles impossible to stalk without being seen and hurts GF alot. Being able to manipulate the stalk circle effectively was a trademark of a good ghostface player.

-Leanstalk a survivor and check visibility

-every match

This is what the leaning looks like now. While he does blend into the background a bit in the first image, you can understand how on brighter maps you'll stick out immensely with this lean. GF's body sticks out far more during leaning than it ever has in the past and is making the player much more visible. This significantly hurts him as it makes some tiles uncontestable and lowers his skill ceiling in learning the mechanics of the stalk circle.

Post edited by rororoxor on
1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• bruhbba101
    bruhbba101 Member Posts: 23

Hope they fix it soon, ghostface is pretty unplayable for me right now, can't even lean without being noticed.

• devotedDBDenjoyer
    devotedDBDenjoyer Member Posts: 269

i feel the first one wouldn't have been nearly that covered/unnoticeable if it weren't for the GoJ ambience fog, but yeah that second lean is a bit much, i wish it was shown on a different tile than the corner of shack though as normally you're in a chase if you're leaning around shack corner like this with very few exceptions, cosmetics and map definitely matter though, the black and red on coldwind sticks out like a sore thumb for obvious reasons. idk how weird stuff like this even happens. tasty spaghetti code.

• bruhbba101

I want to add more to this since my thread got shut down due to duplicate,

Survivor POV of stalk:

Killer POV:

Ghostface's model pops out even more when I can actually stalk the player. This makes lean stalking impossible to do without being easily seen and this greatly hurts the killers potential to stalk in most areas. This also prevents the ability to manipulate the stalk circle which was important to good ghostface players. Please fix/revert if it was intended.

• bruhbba101

Those photos arent that descriptive, my follow up shows the issue much better.