Theories on new Alien chapter?

Options
AetherBytes
AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003

Whats your theories on what the new chapter might have? Whats the Xenomorph's power? Perks that will be added? Map design (if any)? Let it all out here, lets see who's right when we get more info.

Comments

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

Pretty sure there's going to be a new map. They wouldn't have shown all those glamour shots of the ship if there wasn't. I can't really think of any chapters where they showed off a location so much and it not be a map they add.

As for power it could honestly be anything. Likely this Xenomorph is based on, if not THE, one from the first movie, so stealth could be a key element.

There is definitely going to be a survivor with this chapter so it could be Ripley or her daughter, though more than likely it'll be Ripley herself.

As for perks you got me. It's very hard to predict perks. Maybe if I thought more about things that are niche issues or fun fixes, but whose to say.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Map will be updated Hawkins lab.

Everything else I don't know

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,387
    Options

Xeno will probably be stealthy and fast. Idk what the survivor will have (if ripley maybe a flamethrower?)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Some combination of stealth and game delay with face huggers would be my guess based on the last 4 or 5 chapters

• Chomperka
    Chomperka Member Posts: 188
    Options
  • tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,084
    edited August 2023
    Options

Alien Power: Some kind of fast map traversal (IE Lockers like Dredge or creating "vents" like Demodogg). Also some kind of a stealth mechanic as well. Or maybe a combination of both where you can control a wicked fast Xenomorph, which puts you in stealth but you also can't see or hear survivors or something to make sure it's fair.

Personally while I don't think it'll happen, I kind of hope that you'll be able to control lil Facehuggers and have them hop around like Victor!

I'd also be willing to bet money one of the perks is going to be like..."Acid Blood" or something like that. Get bopped in the head with a pallet and the pallet will "dissolve" in....15 seconds or something. Something that isn't instant to give it a downside but the upside over other pallet breaking perks is that it works with all pallets instead of 1 in 4 like the Spirit's perk.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

My guess is a combination of stealth with a lunge ability and some sort of mini mori through a status affect.

So like a combination of Demo and Sadako.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Maybe it'll be able to climb on walls?

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

I'm excited for the Xenomorph.

The important question is, can it run a three gen?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,412
    Options

Really hoping they include the face huggers somehow in his power.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326
    Options

New spaceship map

Xeno: Stealth/Chase killer?

Attacks with claws and tail. Maybe the xeno can deploy eggs that survivors need to destroy. Mori will be either facehugger or mini mouth.

No idea on perks.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

Does The Alien impregnate survivors with a baby alien tho?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,902
    Options

I reckon they'll use a similar mechanic to Singularity, except instead of a pod it'll be a face hugger coming from a planted egg. You can probably get rid of it in a similar manner to Victor.

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 659
    Options

I hope the face huggers are a part of the power! Fingers crossed. :X

• Z0mbiv0r
    Z0mbiv0r Member Posts: 277
    Options

This was my Alien design back in the day. I think it could be cool but I think it can be made differently while still being faithful to the films, so I'm pretty excited. I do think my desing is kind of nice, though.

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/375690/fanmade-the-xenomorph-chapter#latest

• Ranch_Jello
    Ranch_Jello Member Posts: 99
    Options

The p6 for alien would probably sport the green acid blood. It would be a wasted potential if its just regular blood

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,382
    edited August 2023
    Options

Iā€™m guessing some face hugger power that will take a lot of effort to land on a survivor, but then the survivors will have alien-EMPs to cleanse an area of face huggers.

Also be prepared that if itā€™s a stealth killer, it might have a huge lullaby radius, or loud stomping feet noises, directional audio noises, or something else to make sure the survivors will run away before the killer gets there.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    edited August 2023
    Options

My guesses are:

1. The Xenomorph will be an aggressive stealth killer, which may introduce a much faster form of stealth playstyle.

2. I hope to god Sigourney Weaver reprises her role as Ellen, with perhaps a legendary skin in Amanda Ripley.

3. The map would be the Nostromo.

4. The Xenomorph may have a perk that involves injuring survivors if stunned (as a reference to their acidic blood)

5. The mori may be a head-munch.

6. Ripley (if it is her) will have a perk that may introduce a new item, such as a flamethrower from a chest, that can be used to seal off areas for a brief period of time to prevent killers from chasing. Maybe one-use, and probably trialed already during the anniversary in the form of the blocking of vaults.

7. If Sigourney Weaver is involved, she may have some voice lines. Not nearly as many as Cage, but maybe a handful in reference to the Xenomorph ("Get away from her, you #########!").

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,902
    Options

Re #2, can just imagine Ripley running up to save Meg with the flashlight and hearing "get away from her you #########!" šŸ˜‚

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,792
    Options

Presumably the new map will be another indoor map that 97% of the community dislikes

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498
    Options

Xenomorph Power:

You plant a hidden Facehugger in a generator, the next time a survivor touches a generator the Facehugger will become active and infect them, while infected the Survivor suffers from the Incapacitated and Oblivious status effects and must travel to a cleansing station to remove it.

Once a Facehugger is destroyed it takes 15 seconds for the Xenomorph to be ready to plant a new one, can hold up to three Facehuggers at a time.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

Power could be literally anything, facehuggers, stealth aspects, maybe even something from alien's moveset in MK X.

I would assume at least one perk would be something with increased hearing tied to undectable or something. Survivor breaking into a run within 16m of you while out of sight shows their aura for x seconds and grants you undectable for x seconds. Based on Alien isolation where if you run, the alien immediately appears in the area and chases you down.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    Options

Just gonna drop this as my idea for the Xenomorph's power. I'm not expecting it to actually be like this, but I think it would be a great way to do it:

Ellen has to be the survivor, it is after all the original Alien license. But I think Amanda as a legendary skin would be awesome too.

• Generator
    Generator Member Posts: 39
    Options

I think it's cool and it would be amazing if it could crawl on the ceiling, but now we need predator