If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

BHVR has to do something about 3 gen-ing ASAP

Options
Kagari_Leha
Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

First, the skull merchant pick rates exploded when people realized last few weeks you could do that, and now it's like 1 in 5 games, but now I'm seeing random killers also doing it, and sure, they can't 3 gen as well as a skull merchant, but solo queueing still makes the game around 20 to 30 minutes easily, and I'm getting absolutely done with playing survivor despite loving Nick and his stupid perks.

You just have to do something about it, I don't care if it's a temporary bandaid, this is getting out of hand, and I kind of value my time as a human being on this earth, so I would like to stop getting put in hostage by killers abusing this. Like, I don't know, at least deactivate DC penalties for a week, something.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331
    Options

Killer pressure rises as the number of Generators that needs to be done decreases.

Three Gen-ing is an opportunity for a killer to make a comeback, and I think it is needed to some degree.

But it definitely went beyond a Comeback opportunity currently and more of a chokepoint.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Is it really an excuse if it’s true? When you load into a map like the game or GOJ with a basic killer, it is essentially an automatic loss if you don’t play defensively. While it’s true that defensive play has always been strong, it has become more prominent because survivors complained and got gen regression gutted. There now is literally no option except to play defensively.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

It's never been true. I personally can win games without camping, tunneling, or 3-genning. I consider myself a pig main, so I'm not abusing strong killers or add-ons either. And the streamers that I do watch can consistently do the same.

And I'm but no means saying I'm amazing or godly at the game, but I have some skill in chase and really good have sense to understand where survivors are and likely where they're going to be.

I also focus on where I can improve at the game, which is the biggest difference. Anyone who says 'you HAVE to 3 gen' has given up on trying to improve and is closed minded to trying to play anything other than gen kick simulator.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,705
    Options

Thats not taking the game hostage tho, you can just give up.

Also, if you let the killer get a 3 gen thats on you, work hard on gettng the 3 gen spittet already at 5 gens. The killer can choose to chase or to protect gens. and if you split up work on gen 1 when the killer is at gen 2 and the other guys work on gen 2 when killer is at gen 2 you will get it. I had this debate in another thread where i brought in math on gen regression, kicks and repairs. Im not going to do all that again, but you can find all the info you need on https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki if you want to do it by your self.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

I didn’t say you have to 3 gen, I said you have to play defensively, which can include 3 genning. I also question any streamer who says they don’t play defensively. Several have boasted about that on this forum and twitter, yet I see them proxy camping and tunneling when I tune into their stream.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

Funny, something like the 4% is a clutch mechanic but 3 genning is unbalanced and needs to go.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,335
    Options

In this case it doesnt even matter if you 3-Gen yourself or not. You can ignore the other 4 Gens on the Map, you can complete them or 99 all of them. As long as the Skull Merchant is not moving away from their 3-Gen, you cannot win.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,066
    Options

Honestly after they nerfed all the 3 gen perks to where they’re essentially dead now I don’t really think 3 genning is an issue anymore. It’s more of a SM issue really, which does need fixing.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
    edited July 2023
    Options

How about we nerf a problematic killer not an entire strat. What do you want the killer to do at this point? Tunneling is bad, camping is bad, slugging is bad and now 3gen is bad. I'm not even being sarcastic, what tf do you want the killer to do?

SM is the problem, not the 3gen strat, nerf the crap out of SM or better yet just delete her.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,335
    Options

I mean, all 3 are not liked, however, 2 out of 3 are not considered as "holding the game hostage". So you can tunnel and slug just fine.

And as if Killers ever cared about what Survivors liked or disliked or vice-versa.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    edited July 2023
    Options

Guessing you're not aware that the devs said the 3 genning strat was not an intended part of the game and they're currently working to make it impossible to do so? I mean, that's quite different from tunnelling and slugging, which the devs have said are legit strats. But they've outright said you're playing the game wrong by 3 genning.

People don't want to spend an hour of their time locked in a game with you. You can get the same amount of bloodpoints in a 10 min game with any other normal game than you would in a 30+ min 3 gen game. Not worth people's time.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,173
    Options

And what do you expect them to do about this? Everything I can come up with is also going to reward survivors for mindless gen rush. Which should not happen.

Don't get me wrong, I hate 3 genning killers as much as the next person but 3 gens that are created by the survivors should not be nerfed.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 756
    Options

Or they've reached an MMR where the only viable strategy is tunneling and 3 genning. But please keep telling everyone how you can win all your Pig matches without doing any of this. Most over used survivor main argument who once and awhile plays killer.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    edited July 2023
    Options

Something IS going to be done about it. They said they would so i'm not sure what more you want. The entire point of the three gen videos by people like Hens and Otz is to draw attention to how absurd it is. The writing is on the wall at this point now that there is so much talk about it. I expect three gen will be totally killed off by the end of the year. I don't think anyone at behavior is looking at these 30+ minute games and thinking "yea this is good".

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,222
    Options

The only time I have 3-gen games is when the survivors do it to themselves because they aren't paying attention, and at that point... why should the killer throw the game?

Those rare occasions where a Killer is actively going for and pulling off a 3-gen strategy, maaaaaybe.... but that's rare when it's not Skull Merchant.

Also, as for Skull Merchant,since she's come out, I've maybe run into 5 of them at most. Maybe I'm not a "HIGH MMR GOD STREAMER" is the reason, but I never see her.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 373
    Options

True the best anti three gen Perk got buffed and still complaining. Three gening is something the Survivors need to play around from the begining of the match.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options
  • coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 247
    Options

This is the main reason I hop between sides of the map when doing gens. My teammates may not always follow suit but I do what I can to try and prevent that from happening. If it does then it can be a big yikes lol

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 373
    Options

No but this post is about three genning not SM. SM can hold a three gen very well, because her power is very very bad designd.

3 genning is a strategy, that is made possable from the survivors, because they havent played smart. The only exeption is SM so rework her and nothing else.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,012
    Options

The killer's job is to prevent the survivors from escaping. If anyone is holding the game hostage, it is the survivors for refusing to try and complete their objective.

Even the team eternal one showed that the strategy on SM, regardless of how annoying, is beatable.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
    Options

Yeah and they also said looping and 360s weren't intended either.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 374
    edited August 2023
    Options

Okay then they also need to fix gen speeds by making Corrupt Intervention baseline.

Also if you get 3 genned that's your own fault. It's like flashlight saves, if you don't take precautions to avoid 3 genning yourself then you deserve to get 3 genned. Stop repairing gens that are right next to each other and learn to spread them out instead of just tunneling whichever one you see.

• WiseTraveler
    WiseTraveler Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2023
    Options

I don't think this is a 3 gen issue. This is a killer design issue, If a killer has to 3 gen in the game it means the power is lacking something because guess what any and all killers can 3 gen. It just so happens that the way the Skull Merchant was designed that it makes players play in a very boring playstyle.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options
    1. Skull Merchant change
    2. Generators location fix like Haddonfield recently had

• patronsaintofpizza
    patronsaintofpizza Member Posts: 95
    Options

LOL. Yeah, any time I see one of these I'm just like welp you're either a liar or you play killer once a year and your MMR is in the negatives.

• patronsaintofpizza
    patronsaintofpizza Member Posts: 95
    Options

The issue I have with these types of complaints surrounding 3 gens is why not just give up and go to the next match if it's so unfun for you? If you're truly playing casually then just give up and go next. If the game has already gone for 20+ minutes then you def aren't going to have a problem with pips or BP, so that's no excuse. So why not just let the killer kill you and move on? Please help me understand the rationale. Is it actually that you want to win and 3 gens make that difficult? If so, cool, but you also have to admit then that you are playing to win and not playing casually.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    Options

I agree. But let me do it right away. Turn off DC penalty against SM. The game experience is at the record low, so this would be a nice fix. Let bot play with other bots

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

According to this forum I'm apparently a god tier genius at the game. I can play a D tier killer, play for fun, win an absurd number of my games, and I don't have to sweat unless I really decide that's how I want to play.

That's 100% exactly what nearly every killer on this forum has been wanting, demanding, and screaming for nerfs for. The main difference is that since I do play both sides and I generally play for fun interactions, I don't get my ego in a twist if I lose a game every blue moon.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,206
    Options

Or just turn off DC penalty after 20 minutes overall?

That would actually be good for both sides.

Normal games won't go far than this, it's either 3-gen, or survivors hiding, or both.

If you want to win, then keep going...

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

3 gen/gen defense is literally just macro they should just nerf killers that are too good at it or add anti stall mechanics so people don't tap gen run away and kick gen dont hit anyone

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options

If you demand that gen spreads be made virtually indefensible, then most killers would have to be given more power to compensate.

The killer has to be able to stop you or it's not much of a game. Why is that so hard to accept?

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,222
    Options

I agree, except.. for Skull Merchant. She's the biggest issue, as it's so easy for her to FORCE a 3-Gen. Yes, other killers can do it, I love doing it on the Pig, but it's still something that takes some mind gaming and the survivors have to not realize you are doing it. Skull Merchant though, it's a no brain strategy for her. She can just do it and there is next to nothing the survivors can do to stop her.

Luckily, she's rare for me, but that doesn't mean the issue doesn't need to be addressed.

However, I think it needs to be addressed for HER, not overall, as I think if the survivors accidentally (or through mind-gaming) get themselves into a 3-gen, it's their fault.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    Options

Ah sorry. I was a bit salty when replying to that comment (I know you play the killer). Especially considering how bad it feels to play against her if she decides to 3gen whole game.

Sure. After 20 minutes it's perfectly fair to give ability to give up (not even DC) to both sides - even keep BP's earned until that point. And I totally agree it would help both sides and that's perfectly fair.