Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So about Scene Partner

Gotta give credit where credit is due, the Nic Cage stuff is mwah, chefs kiss, magnificent. Perks are fun, actually kinda viable if not niche, Nic himself is absolutely perfect and now my favorite survivor.

One teensy issue imo, the Scene Partner screaming. I know that's the perks whole deal and that's fine, but do we really need to be completely interrupted by a SP scream? It's getting kind of old to be in the middle of something where every second counts, then you scream, lose a few seconds, and die for it.

Trying to blind? Scream and toss your flashlight away. Trying to heal or unhook? Suddenly get a fear of blood and stop. Trying to vault? BREAK THE LAWS OF PHYSICS TO TELEPORT BACK AND SCREAM.

I love the perk but this part of it feels like such an arbitrary and unneeded downside. Maybe just make him scream without throwing his hands up? Something, just please get rid of the interrupting

Comments

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Its the whole point of the perk, it gives you a pretty strong effect at the cost of a downside.

Seriously, this perk will make stealth nearly impossible.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,855

I appreciated the random unexpected "Scream"s from people while I'm playing Ghost Face, so I usually pick them now for the one who gets hatch (I typically let the last person hatch\escape if I win a match). It's sort of my own version of Boop the Snoot - but for Ghostie!

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

How? You have to be in the killers terror radius for the scream/aura to take effect. Stealth killers by definition do not have a terror radius. The perk does literally nothing to stealth killers.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    edited August 2023

I was referring to Survivor Stealth, one bad look and you announce your location to the killer.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

I love the scream.

It's saved me from many a pallet blind.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338
    edited August 2023

I can understand having a downside, but this just feels disproportionately bad to deal with.

I love this perk, it's goofy as hell and nothing but fun, the aura reading isn't a super strong effect, it usually doesn't last long enough to get massive value, or it happens in the open, but its a pretty nice effect.

But this downside drains all the fun out of it, the whole point of using the perk is because it's dumb fun, having fun shouldn't put you at a blatant disadvantage that can end up throwing the game out of pure chance. Dramaturgy is exempt from this, the exposed gamble is surprisingly fun, unlike the scream interruption.

I'm just saying, maybe get rid of the animation interrupt? If you aren't in the middle of an action, like healing, using an item, etc, keep the scream and animation. If you are, have him scream without the screaming animation

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Oh, lol, it's still a funny comment to make. If you are playing as a survivor with this perk then clearly you are not worried about stealth. Running this perk with a stealth perk if the equivalent of using self care with no mither. It just doesn't make sense.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

I feel the perk would lose all of its meme allure if the scream was removed and also become rather too strong in the process.

This perk is great when working as a team, a bit like when a group of birds are feeding, then one sees danger and chirps to alert the others and hide.

I do understand that, in terms of stealth, this is the equivalent of trying to burgle a house whilst wearing a suit of armour, but I wouldn't want any change to this perk. There are enough perks out there which allow auras to be seen without any downside. This gives a bit of a twist and the meme is too good to remove.

• ShErMaDeRmA

I'm not saying remove the scream-

I'm saying remove the scream interrupting things.

The scream is the whole point of the perk, getting interrupted by it isn't

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

Yup, ignore me I misread entirely. I back the idea of it not interrupting actions. Think I read somewhere else someone wanted it removed and I mixed the two up. Apologies.

• ShErMaDeRmA

Fair. But yeah at the very least get rid of the screaming interrupting vaults please. I just got killed by a rubber band scream where I would have escaped. The other I can understand a little, vauly interrupting has 0 reason to be part of the perk.