ARE THE DEVS STILL REFUSING TO NERF MADE FOR THIS

Options
pizzavessel15
pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

NUMEROUS content creators/players/AND fog whispers have said the exact same thing. made for this is broken. with this perk survivors can PERMANENTLY move at a 3+ speed JUST FOR GETTING INJURED. and at end game can run up to 110 speed PERMANENTLY with hope. the "cannot be used while exhausted" is BARLEY a draw back. people can still use dead hard or other (specific exhaustion perks) with this. OTZ HAS GOTTEN AGITATED ON STREAM DUE TO THIS PERK. this game nor most of the killers are NOT balanced around survivors moving like this. this perk is a problem and the devs NEED to change this. most of the killers without speed/slow down abilities are borderline miserable to play as due to this perk.

Comments

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 386
    Options

It's not a problem for the the devs because they only play Survivor and Nurse, Blight, Spirit, and Wesker.

• pizzavessel15
    Options
  • Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,701
    Options

Which makes maps the problem. Something they are addressing. Have you not seen the changes to Coldwind?

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,701
    edited August 2023
    Options

Scott Jund made a video explaining how he thinks the Haste effect is fine, but the Endurance isn't. I recall Otz saying the perk is very strong, but not overpowered. Haste stacking is a problem, and the endurance while using MFT is a problem. Remove both, and the perk could be considered to be in a good spot balance-wise.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,721
    Options

The community let them know with a lot of feedback that this was a broken perk on the PTB, but it ended up going live unchanged. I seriously don't think BHVR is that incompetent, so I'm thinking their balance team is on summer vacation and a B team is in place. It seriously is a blatant issue for m1 killers. It causes infinites, and some loops break enough LOS to stop chases, so bloodlust isn't occuring.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

The endurance effect is much more problematic imo. I can't think of much times the haste status effect has screwed me over badly. Meanwhile, the endurance status effect feels game changing at times. A survivor is no longer trading a down, they're getting a free pick up. I notice they have MFT and I try go for the other survivor but usually that leads to bodyblocking.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

If the advice “Chase someone else if you don’t want to go up against MFT” holds true, then perhaps Killers should be notified if the Survivor has MFT? If the Killer is going to figure it out eventually anyway then letting the Killer know beforehand wouldn’t change much.

• UnavailableName
    UnavailableName Member Posts: 298
    edited August 2023
    Options

The perk by itself without any counter is too strong, gueninely overpowered.

It is fine only against killers that have counters to hit - power or addons that counters it.

I still think it's a tad too strong

That's what Scoot Jund has said about the perk. When you want to use streamer's point of view, listen to them carefully before interpreting what they say in the wrong way.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

Ok but nerf sloppy to compensate we're tired of it, it's not ok after healing nerf

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    edited August 2023
    Options

the butcher has 10-15% use (taking into account the fact that this is a starting perk) mft has 20%+ usage

and no, we don't need to nerf everything killers perk because every update just because bhvr gives survivors op brain dead perk

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

Probably because games shouldn't be balanced based off complaining on forums without also seeing if actual games frequently play out the way some are claiming.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

If only killers that run at reduced speeds had some reason they moved slower - like, I don't know, some sort of ranged attack or blink ability that makes movement speed less of an issue in the first place?

• rvzrvzrvz
    edited August 2023
    Options

yeah you're wrong see "stats" post by Mandy, sloppy is second most used killer perk at 20%, mft is not even there, only devs know if mft= higher winrate

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

Only during Halloween season, the rest of the year only survivors might gulp down a little blight infusion for another +5% speed bonus.

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    Options

statistics since April

mft didn't even exist for most of the statistics collection time

for example, if at the end of the year you return the oldest dh and everyone starts using it again in statistics for the year, the total number will increase from 10 to 12-15

Therefore, it would be more accurate if they posted statistics for July-August

• AlanShin
    AlanShin Member Posts: 24
    Options

Given the significantly larger number of survivor players compared to killers, developers are likely to prioritize making survivor gameplay more favorable to generate revenue. Killers being unable to play with friends limits their appeal and player base. This issue isn't just about skill; rank balance is also a significant concern. As a survivor, I've found myself barely contributing throughout matches, yet still earning points. However, when playing as a killer, even with 3 kills and 8 hookings, I struggle to gain points, and sometimes even lose them (both my survivor and killer ranks are in the Iridescent tier). M1 killers also frequently struggle to catch survivors due to excessive and closely positioned pallets. By the time an M1 killer kick pallets, generators are often already fully repaired. I consider myself a very subpar survivor player, yet relying solely on pallets and windows allows me to stall an M1 killer for an entire match. This is particularly unfair to M1 killer players, as their efforts to improve their skills still might not help them catch survivors.

• rvzrvzrvz
    Options

I agree but it's not "most" it's half of the period, April 27= May, Gabriel Soma released June 13... April 27 to August 5 that's 1.5 month without and 1.5 month with MFT

I'm not saying perk is weak or don't deserve nerf or anything but it's probably not even top 5 still, sloppy is extremely popular

• Captain_Dickärd
    Captain_Dickärd Member Posts: 14
    Options

I don't understand why MFT is 3% just for being injured when Dark Theory is 2% for spending time finding and lighting a boon that only works in a limited area and can be snuffed. Seems like the perk with a less time consuming activation requirement, less counterplay, -and- secondary effect should have the 2% and the boon a 3%.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,650
    Options

and yet the game often is. Done in part from exactly that reason.

• SAF3TYRA1LS
    SAF3TYRA1LS Member Posts: 178
    Options

I've never used MFT but I didn't realise a 3% speed boost was that big?

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 636
    Options

I totally agree that MFT definitely needs to be nerf. I know I keep complaining about it a lot, too, lol. But it’s really way too much to deal along with certain map’s design layout and vaults.

I also get that some will say again 3 percent isn’t a lot. I just disagree cause it is a lot when you combine it with all again the bad map layouts,vaults, more second chance perks, etc. So I fully agree that Made For This needs to be nerf.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Survivors already loop around objects faster because their hitbox is smaller than killers so the 3% is pretty massive I can spot a MFT user just by having a chase and seeing how long it takes to catch up. The biggest problem is that it's basically free you get chased and as long as you're not instadowned you will be getting value out of the perk.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,289
    Options

Minor correction, but they've *convinced themselves* that MfT is hurting their wins. Sprint burst and lithe are objectively better, and anyone arguing otherwise has to ignore every base kit killer ability and bloodlust over 30+ second chases to try and 'prove' otherwise.

It's the same thing as prove thyself, before the recent nerf. Some killers were absolutely convinced that a perk that saves roughly 7 seconds when optimally used is losing them games.

It isn't. They can 100% improve in chase, run loops tighter, or, entity forbid, do anything other than follow the survivor's exact pathing and kick every pallet on cooldown.

Anyone complaining this much about MfT is somewhere between 'inefficient' to 'incapable of using the base killer kit', including bloodlust and nearly every killer power. At best, they have room to improve, at worst they need to not play the game with their feet and expect the devs to nerf literally everything for them. Either way it's not a perk issue.

• AlanShin
    Options

BHVR's practice is to trade the gameplay experience of one killer for 4 survivors' Auric Cells. Don't expect them to bring too many benefits to killers huh.

• pizzavessel15
    Options

they are listening. they replied to someone on twitter saying "they have a change for it just in case it is a problem in live release" theyre just blatantly not wanting to touch it

• pizzavessel15
    Options

chasing someone else doesnt do much. like old dead hard when people said chase someone else. if I leave one person because of it and someone else has it you want me to leave them too? then if someone else has it what about them? plus if the survivor sees you're avoiding the chase with them too much theyll get cocky and intentionally try to make your life hell. I don't see how notifying could help the killer in anyway other than for them to know the survivor is being carried by MFT

• pizzavessel15
    Options

good luck trying to even get line of sight to throw something lol

• pizzavessel15
    Options

bloodlust is almost useless with this perk because since the game is not balanced with survivors moving like this the game considers the chase done with even though you're still looping which will disable bloodlust.

• AlanShin
    Options

This game has always been biased towards the survivors. Survivors don't need any advanced skills; as long as you can press Space and M1, you can easily achieve victory. When a killer chases you, you just need to run around obstacles near the pallets and observe the killer's movements. When the killer gets too close, drop the pallet to stun them. When you get knocked down, wait for your teammates to come rescue you. When a teammate is being chased, focus on repairing generators. If a teammate is downed, go rescue them. If you know these strategies, you can easily become a survivor expert. During a chase, your teammates can repair all the generators in 5 minutes or even less, while it's not the same for the killer. You're constantly under pressure from the generator progress. Typically, 1 to 2 generators are repaired when you down the first survivor, which is normal. If you can't down a survivor within 30 seconds, you're probably at a disadvantage, as survivors can repair a generator in about 40 seconds on average. This is quite challenging for an M1 killer, unless your matchmaking rating (MMR) is very low. These are the observations I've made throughout the process of reaching Rank 1 as both a survivor and a killer in Dead by Daylight.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

Holy ######### can survivors just have one meta perk before we ask to nuke it? Also stop bringing up whataboutism with perks like eruption, COB, overcharge.

Those perks were far more problematic then MFT having the game be held hostage for 30 mins to an hour by holding 3 gens hostage is not good gameplay. Eruption took 8 months before it was nerfed. COB and overcharge took 9 months to be nerfed. You guys make it out like the devs nerf anything killer related in 1 week.

Fucking Pain Resonance was nerfed 3 times and it’s still the strongest perk in the game and it came out in November 2021 and they didn’t nerf it until July 2022.

the only point you guys got is Thanatophobia but that perk wasn’t healthy cause with Gift of pain and dying light with legion it took like 50 seconds just to get your lost progress back? Are we really defending this? It was not healthy simple.

that doesn’t excuse made for this but there are more problems then just 3% faster

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options

Yes? They've said this already

Mabye in a few months if we're lucky and decide to change their mind but that's pretty low

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited August 2023
    Options

hurray!!! totally a killer should abuse bloodlust 1/2/3 to counter a single not exhaustion perk , oh wait bloodlust deactives when losing chase and guess what perk allows survivors to hold W to the moon when a m1 killer with no mobility power kicks a god pallet.

(not only that MFT has more uses than people dont know YET and Im sick of explaining those on many posts)

You right i should maybe play , KILLERS with actual powers than can counter this perk , how i didn't thought about it , ohh wait.

I assume that survivors would enjoy facing nurses , blights / wesker with strong addons in order to handle MFT alone , brilliant.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,289
    Options

If they have MfT, then they physically cannot be exhausted, and can't break chase because they have no exhaustion perk.

There only way to break chase is on the killer by losing them, breaking a pallet, or otherwise being bad at chase.

If you can't manage bloodlust or functionally use your killers power, that is, at the very core of the video game, the definition of a skill issue on your part.